Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABKCO Official lyric videos
Posted by: Kent ()
Date: August 21, 2020 14:12

I have not seen anybody else post about this.

ABKCO have been releasing official lyric videos on youtube that I recently discovered. Most are really good and some are fantastic. My favourite is 19th nervous breakdown!

I recommend checking these videos out on youtube.

Kent

Re: ABKCO Official lyric videos
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 21, 2020 14:26

[m.youtube.com]

Just watched the Sitting in a Fence video and they got many things wrong in the Video. It differs from the lyrics in the description too.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: August 21, 2020 15:52

...I just saw it... good idea.. as a whole, well done...!!

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: August 22, 2020 00:34

Why is ABKCO releasing these at this time?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 22, 2020 03:25

Rocknroll1969

Making money..............

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: August 22, 2020 03:47

For the Gimme Shelter video they say, "Burns like a red coat carpet."

Blasphemy!

It's one of the most important lines in the song and they screw it up.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 22, 2020 10:00

NICOS
Rocknroll1969

Indeed. Four years ago released "Paint It Black" has incredible 291 milloin views now, clearly the most watched Stones video in youtube.

ABKCO is basically doing "money for nothing"... You just do a cheap video, put them out and collect the money.

- Doxa

Posted by: Kent ()
Date: August 22, 2020 13:36

To clarify, I was not referring to the older videos like Paint it black or Gimme shelter. I was referring to the newer ones. Here are links to some of them.

She's a rainbow [www.youtube.com]

We love you [www.youtube.com]

19th nervous breakdown [www.youtube.com]

Dandelion [www.youtube.com]

2000 light years from home [www.youtube.com]

Ruby tuesday [www.youtube.com]

Lady Jane [www.youtube.com]

There are more for example Mothers little helper, Under my thumb and Get off of my cloud.

These are really great !!

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: August 22, 2020 15:04

Yes, I couldn’t believe red coat carpet either!

The videos are enjoyable though, especially when they do the whole album, Beggars, Let It Bleed etc.

Luckily they don’t need to do Start Me Up, You got me .... gonna blow my top!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 22, 2020 17:50

In an other topic someone ask if there are Cheap Trick fans are on IORR, well these YouTube’s by ABKCO are Cheap Trick(s) smileys with beer

Date: August 22, 2020 19:24

Doxa
NICOS
Rocknroll1969

Indeed. Four years ago released "Paint It Black" has incredible 291 milloin views now, clearly the most watched Stones video in youtube.

ABKCO is basically doing "money for nothing"... You just do a cheap video, put them out and collect the money.

- Doxa

I understand now. It’s just all stones fans have the songs on Vinyl, CD or on smart phones. I wish they would release interesting stuff like live shows or outtakes. Like what is being done with the post ABKCO material. I really enjoy the expanded Sticky Fingers, Exile and Some Girls.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: August 22, 2020 21:24

I think these are great! I love the whole SM album, it's beautiful.
I am hoping they do all the songs from Between the Buttons, they did almost all of Aftermath.

I take that back, almost all of BTB lyric videos are there, I guess they keep adding new ones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-22 21:43 by coffeepotman.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: August 23, 2020 02:36

Rocknroll1969
Doxa
NICOS
Rocknroll1969

- Doxa

I understand now. It’s just all stones fans have the songs on Vinyl, CD or on smart phones. I wish they would release interesting stuff like live shows or outtakes. Like what is being done with the post ABKCO material. I really enjoy the expanded Sticky Fingers, Exile and Some Girls.

And you should just as all others know who we can blame for not letting ABKCO letting the archive stuff out. If not, then I’ll give you a little clue: It’s 2 men in their seventies, who wrote the material...

Date: August 23, 2020 02:58

Blueranger
Rocknroll1969
Doxa
NICOS
Rocknroll1969

- Doxa

And you should just as all others know who we can blame for not letting ABKCO letting the archive stuff out. If not, then I’ll give you a little clue: It’s 2 men in their seventies, who wrote the material...
why is that? Because ABKCO wants to cheat them on the royalties?

Date: August 23, 2020 12:03

Rocknroll1969
Blueranger
Rocknroll1969
Doxa
NICOS
Rocknroll1969

- Doxa

why is that? Because ABKCO wants to cheat them on the royalties?

Surely they don't get as good royalties as from the post-ABKCO era, which they control, but I think the reason go deeper than that. They just hate that they don't own their most profilic era (due to shitty deal with A. Klein back in the day to get rid of him), and they won't allow ABKCO to gain from anything else than from the stuff they have rights for (already released products), even though they themselves (Stones) might lose a dollar or two in the process.

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-23 12:47 by Doxa.

Date: August 23, 2020 12:18

However, to add a bit, sometimes The Stones do show a green light to ABKCO-era projects (R&R CIRCUS, YA-YA'S, CHARLIE IS MY DARLING, ON AIR), so it is not a question they 'sabotage' everything (or decline to co-operate)... But I am sure had Mick and Keith not having their veto right, we had seen much more (interesting) ABKCO era releases, especially better deluxe versions of their classic 60's albums with interesting extra material. Just think of how much effort they put on GOATS HEAD SOUP - a great album for sure, but it's not any true era-defining classic like BEGGARS BANQUET, LET IT BLEED or even AFTERMATH.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-23 12:32 by Doxa.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 23, 2020 17:12

Doxa
However, to add a bit, sometimes The Stones do show a green light to ABKCO-era projects (R&R CIRCUS, YA-YA'S, CHARLIE IS MY DARLING, ON AIR), so it is not a question they 'sabotage' everything (or decline to co-operate)... But I am sure had Mick and Keith not having their veto right, we had seen much more (interesting) ABKCO era releases, especially better deluxe versions of their classic 60's albums with interesting extra material. Just think of how much effort they put on GOATS HEAD SOUP - a great album for sure, but it's not any true era-defining classic like BEGGARS BANQUET, LET IT BLEED or even AFTERMATH.

- Doxa

All live recordings, with studio outtakes and different versions conspiciously missing by absence... and with R&R CIRCUS even being part of the original settlement deal, together with METAMORPHOSIS and other stuff (compilations). In fact, the band's veto right goes far beyond unreleased material, ABKCO can't even release new standalone compilations or add single tracks & b-sides to the corresponding albums. The "STRAY CATS"-compilation as part of the Stones IN MONO box that collects non-album material is likely the most adventurous exercise ABKCO could do without facing legal trouble.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: August 25, 2020 01:43

Still waiting for Have you seen you Mother, Yesterdays Papers, Who's Been Sleeping Here, and the lovely Miss Amanda Jones

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 25, 2020 01:55

>The "STRAY CATS"-compilation as part of the Stones IN MONO box that collects non-album material is likely
>the most adventurous exercise ABKCO could do without facing legal trouble.

And wasn't most of that stuff already released by Decca back in the day, on B sides or LPs released only in certain countries? So that would mean ABKCO would be able to claim some rights to be able to reissue it...although it would seem to go against the unable to release new compilations stipulation.

jb

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: September 6, 2020 19:17

Gotta Get Away: Darlin’ this will rule my social flair
Never heard it as that before!

Roll on Child of the Moon spoken intro and Jiving Sister Fanny!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 6, 2020 20:11

The Rolling Stones, at least the 60s version, is gaining a whole new audience of young people. The 60s Stones are ABKCO's bread and butter. And YouTube is where the new audience goes. The ABKCO videos are cheaply made, made obvious by the often ludicrous version of the lyrics. I've enjoyed some of them, and some of the lyrics have been surprising, but right.

There's nothing to prevent the current Rolling Stones from doing something similar with the catalogue they have complete control over. Plenty of songs from the 70s that never had videos.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home