Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Wedding song suggestions
Date: August 2, 2020 13:33

Taylor1
If Not For You is a Dylan song that Harrison recorded

The other way around.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 2, 2020 13:49

All About You

>grinning smiley<
smileys with beer

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 2, 2020 13:52

Handle with Care = Traveling Wilburys - penned by George Harrison - if memory serves correct.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 2, 2020 13:53

Roy Hamilton -- Walk Hand In Hand .......

This one will melt the room ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 2, 2020 15:33

We had Springsteen's "If I Should Fall Behind" at ours.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 2, 2020 15:47

Elmo Lewis

Awesome thumbs up

Date: August 2, 2020 18:08

Chris Fountain
Elmo Lewis

Awesome thumbs up

My Dad and Stepmother liked it so much that I played it at their wedding! They have no idea who Bruce is!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: August 3, 2020 04:28

I've sung The Last Time at each and every one of my weddings. Hasn't come true yet.... Marriage is a great thing - everyone should try it 2 or 3 times. smiling smiley

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: August 3, 2020 14:46

We had Jumping Jack Flash at our recessional --- strings, 4 piece, I had to disguise it a little, the priest was cool with it.

The strings moved up to the reception, and played Wild Horses when the wedding party entered --- we got married in a coastal area where the horses run wild for centuries.

Our first dance started with Rip This Joint, and then segued into Sinatra's Fly Me To The Moon on exactly the last note.

I know that isn't exactly what you asked, but Rip This Joint is a great fast number for a first dance --- best party we ever threw --- we had a dance contest with prizes of framed prints of photographs of the area, good ones---the DJ ran it perfectly.

My Bachelors cake --- Key Lime ---

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 3, 2020 17:18

I surprised my wife 35 years ago(next week) with organist instrumental of Wild Horses before we walked down the church aisle. It went over really, really well.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 3, 2020 17:38

"Beat on the Brat."

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 3, 2020 18:32

My suggestion would be from Bob Dylan's "Another Self-Portrait" (Bootleg Series Vol. 10)

The alternate version of "If Not For You" found on disc 2 is simply remarkable. Slightly slowed, with piano and violin backing, it is a different spin on a familiar song.

The music would not be out of place being heard in a church or chapel. The words are straightforward: an open-hearted declaration of love.

That fact that this version has not gotten much exposure, makes it unique.

I will bet that in that context, people will be surprised--and moved--when they hear this.

Date: August 3, 2020 18:38

loog droog
My suggestion would be from Bob Dylan's "Another Self-Portrait" (Bootleg Series Vol. 10)

The alternate version of "If Not For You" found on disc 2 is simply remarkable. Slightly slowed, with piano and violin backing, it is a different spin on a familiar song.

The music would not be out of place being heard in a church or chapel. The words are straightforward: an open-hearted declaration of love.

"God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys would git in this category also.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: August 3, 2020 18:59

Music from the shower scene in Psycho (Bernard Herrmann's "The Murder").

Theme from Twilight Zone.

"They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!" (Napoleon XIV).

... also, you can't go wrong with anything by Mr Bungle.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 3, 2020 19:09

loog droog

I will bet that in that context, people will be surprised--and moved--when they hear this.

I had "If Not For YOu" at my wedding -but it was the George Harrison version

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 3, 2020 20:43

john lomax
loog droog

I had "If Not For YOu" at my wedding -but it was the George Harrison version

That (and the take used on Bob's New Morning LP) are both good, but the one on Another Self Portrait is musically not as bouncy and much more solemn. It takes the occasion seriously (without being stuffy about it either).

It's a win-win, because while people know the song, they will pay more attention to the words because of the arrangement and not just click into their own personal nostalgia-movie of how they remember where they were when they heard the song being played on the radio.

Plus, there's the added bonus of turning a bunch of people on to what is now an obscure track.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 4, 2020 01:09

Dave Clark Five - Because

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 7, 2020 10:15

On my wedding first dance was "This place is empty".
Many guests didn't understand that choice but we didn't care.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home