Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ft.Worth Express 1972
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 28, 2005 03:27

for any 1972 tour fanatics...could there be any?....ft.worth express is a must...its a soundboard (muffled a bit..you gotta turn up the treble and turn down the bass)...but aside from that, this is incredible!!! (as most '72 shows are)...performance is awe-inspiring...every track "does it" for me on this recording...its got a rare live "dont lie to me" as well....pure listening pleasure...if ya dont own it, you might wanna search it out...it won't let you down...........Tarrant County Convention Center June 24, 1972 (2nd show)songlist: Brown Sugar, Bitch, Rocks Off, Gimme Shelter, Don't Lie to Me, Love in Vain, Sweet Virginia, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Tumbling Dice, Midnight Rambler, Bye Bye Johnny, Rip This Joint, Jumpin Jack Flash & Street Fighting Man all in excellent soundboard quality....for all who don't know about this gem

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-28 03:37 by Leonard Keringer.

Re: Ft.Worth Express 1972
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 28, 2005 03:41

Hey Leonard have you hear the Dallas Rehearsals cd, prior to the 72 tour?

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 28, 2005 03:44

ROPENI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Leonard have you hear the Dallas Rehearsals
> cd, prior to the 72 tour?
>
>
> "MANOLO, SHOOT THAT PIECE OF SHIT"

sure have Ropeni....interesting inside listen to the boys rehearsing...i read (not sure if this is true)...that somebody snuck a tape recorder in and stood by the pa system (hence the extra loud vocals)...great stuff

Date: October 28, 2005 03:51

Does Fort Worth Express have the best sound quality of all the releases of this show?I have a double with both the early and late shows - A Few Hearts Broken,A Few Strings Busted.The early show features SBA.

Date: October 28, 2005 03:54

Theif in the Night Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does Fort Worth Express have the best sound
> quality of all the releases of this show?I have a
> double with both the early and late shows - A Few
> Hearts Broken,A Few Strings Busted.The early show
> features SBA.

i think so Thief in the Night....the one youre talkin bout is an audience recording...i have another version of it called "sweet black angel"...its an interesting listen especially for keith fans...i think the taper stood on keiths side...getting blasted by his amps....but ft.worth express is a soundboard recording with an even mix...much better quality...hope that helps ya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-28 03:56 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 28, 2005 05:05

thats a great boot alright ,,, killer tracks 2 me r bye bye johnny & JJ flash ,,

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 28, 2005 05:09

Hey Leonard, I totally agree with you. In 72 they tore it up in Texas. Houston, Ft Worth are awesome! Also that sequence later on in Indy, Charlotte, Norfolk (something like that LOL..) is incredible. The boots aren't as tight from those shows though. I thought I had the best quality recordings of the Tex shows but in last mos. Sister Morphine released several albums of those 72 shows that put everyhting else to shame.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 28, 2005 18:35

Just a thought, weren't the Dallas rehearsals during the '72 and not before?

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: October 28, 2005 18:38

Yep, Chris. I believe they were the day or two days before the Texas gigs, about three weeks into the tour.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: November 1, 2005 04:43

What is the "Ahmet Ertegun" cd all about?

Posted by: Roger457 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 05:17

Sister Morphine's release of this show, "Lonestar Shooter" is THE best sounding of all the releases. Ahmet Ertegun, Thank You Kindly is the C2C release of the show and is excellent. But Sister Morphines is the best of the bunch.

Roger

Posted by: Roger457 ()
Date: November 1, 2005 05:24

As ChelseaDrugstore mentions, check out these Sister Morphine releases of the 72 tour. All are excellent!

Gonna Bust Another Bottle - The famous July 26 soundboards plus the Montreau rehersals.

Deuces Still Wild - All the Philadelphia soundboards from 1972.

Lonestar Shooter - Ft Worth, 2nd show

Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones - Movie soundtrack.

All are excellent and worth searching out.

Roger

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 1, 2005 11:35

Awesome boot indeed. My highlights are Gimme Shleter (best version after Paradiso '95 IMO) and Bye bye Johnny!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home