Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dance pt.2 @ Starbucks
Date: October 27, 2005 18:47

Can't hardly wait!

Re: Dance pt.2 @ Starbucks
Posted by: country honk ()
Date: October 27, 2005 18:51

You can hear it on Sucking in the Seventies:

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: BostonStrangler ()
Date: October 27, 2005 19:19

not really excited about song list on rarities...i wonder if tumblin'dice, beast of burden and wild horses are ones that are already out there?? I have a feeling they are..
although excited about thru the lonely nights..i have never heard that song before..that I can recall.

Date: October 27, 2005 20:20

The thrill is going to be actually one of my all time favorite songs EVER, and a most obscure track to your average rock fan, even to your average Stones fan--- AT F.CKIN' STARBUCKS!!!!!

I heard Rain Fall Down in Starbucks recently, and it just sort of brought this strong element of... SANITY back into my day; everything came alive.

So it's not so much the song, as the context. I can listen to the song anytime I want, but hearing it randomly would be something special. (Actually, I've NEVER heard that song unless I was playing the record. Yes, the RECORD. Music that was recorded in the vinyl era will always sound better to me on vinyl, not CD. Sticky Fingers, as one example. The guitars on Brown Sugar just don't sound as tripped-out/groovy/nasty/low-down/dirty on CD.)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 27, 2005 21:18

>> The thrill is going to be actually one of my all time favorite songs EVER,
and a most obscure track to your average rock fan, even to your average Stones fan---
AT F.CKIN' STARBUCKS! <<

smile: ~*YEAH!*~
they are *everywhere* - ohhh this is just what the grown-ups were afraid would happen!
(we don't have starbucks here, but i can imagine. thanks for lighting up this scenario for me.)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-27 21:23 by with sssoul.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 27, 2005 21:49

Let it Rock!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 27, 2005 23:16

They are in coffee houses, at football games, in soap operas ... I half expect Keith to jump out from under my bed and say "Hey mate, plannin' on buyin' our bonus DVD when it comes out?"

Date: October 28, 2005 04:07

Well, I mean, they're kinda like a franchise, you know. They're just in that league.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 28, 2005 04:15

reg thorpe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let it Rock!

I think I'll have to get this set just for TTLN and this track, although I can't imagine it will sound a whole lot better than the Leeds lung version (I think that's what it will be???) Keith's solos are insane, one of his defining moments IMO.

Karl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home