Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I Don,t Understand How One Can Rate ABB Over Exile Voted One Of The Best Rock Records Ever Put Down On Record
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 26, 2005 20:50

I cant Even feel the pain no more when I read some of these thoughts about ABB

Re: I Don,t Understand How One Can Rate ABB Over Exile Voted One Of The Best Rock Records Ever Put Down On Record
Posted by: country honk ()
Date: October 26, 2005 20:55

Well, different people, different taste.....

It is the same with everything, food, drinking, clothes, paiting, books etc...

Nobody can't expect that everybody has the same taste .....

Remember: Mull of Kintyre sold much more than any other Stones single, but the quality of MOK ?????

Re: I Don,t Understand How One Can Rate ABB Over Exile Voted One Of The Best Rock Records Ever Put Down On Record
Date: October 26, 2005 21:19

yeah I guess I"ll Fall Down Drunk

Posted by: Half Nanker ()
Date: October 26, 2005 21:25

To answer your question, I don't know. You do get the award for longest subject line on the board though! Just giving you shit. It's longer than your message!

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: October 26, 2005 21:29

Different Era... not comparable to Exile...
A Bigger Bang is just a F^$^@ ing great album and can easily go along after the Beggars-Exile era. Exile is musically better (great riffs, a lot to discover on the album), but A Bigger Bang also just ROCKS!

Date: October 26, 2005 21:37

ABB is a EASY COMFORTABLE LISTEN(A good safe record) Exile is an experience and
one needs to disgust the greatness and masterpiece.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 26, 2005 21:38

Not rating, I just love it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 26, 2005 21:38

obviously some people only know the stones by newer material. u can spot a "newbie" a mile away.they just need some seasoning.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 26, 2005 21:40

LOL JJF, spot me.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonecowboy ()
Date: October 26, 2005 21:47

J.J.Flash wrote

"obviously some people only know the stones by newer material. u can spot a "newbie" a mile away.they just need some seasoning"

you can also spot an oldie just as easy if not easier.

but I agree with the post. Exile and all that era has so much more feeling to it than pretty much most music these days.Man thats a top album. Took a while but it got their in the end.

"people think i'm crazy"
" always try'na wates me"
"make me burn da candle right down"

"you gotta rub me ye keep on rubbing gotta rub me
cause they call me the tummbaling dice"

stonecowboy

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 26, 2005 22:07

I don't think it is anyway near as good as exile but is a damn good record and should not be dismissed as crap as many of the taylorites seem to think every thing post 74 is. I know it is a better album then Mick Taylor could ever produce himself considering his weak song writing skills. He is just a sideman and always will be remebered as one

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: October 26, 2005 22:09

ABB is more melodic.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: October 26, 2005 22:53

More melodic??
IMO, it is one of the least ones...

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 27, 2005 00:21

I wrote in another thread already: it is not essential if ABB is the No. 1 or the runner-up or third, you know. It's great, great music and nothing but great music. And we would be happy that we have a band which have in every decade an extraordinary album.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 27, 2005 00:24

RobertJohnson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wrote in another thread already: it is not
> essential if ABB is the No. 1 or the runner-up or
> third, you know. It's great, great music and
> nothing but great music. And we would be happy
> that we have a band which have in every decade an
> extraordinary album.

not "would be happy", "but should be happy" sorry

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: October 27, 2005 04:12

Don't count me in that bunch! Exile is WAYYY better!!!

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: October 27, 2005 08:05

ther both great,it doesn't matter after that,right?

john scialfa

Date: October 27, 2005 10:42

ABB is a good record, but can't be compared to Exile.

What we should applaude is that ABB is much, much better than B2B, VL, SW and DW! That is really well done by a bunch of 60 y olds.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 27, 2005 11:24

"One Of The Best Rock Records Ever Put Down On Record"

I think this essenatially manifests the essence of a record in it's essence.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 27, 2005 11:52

OpenG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ABB is a EASY COMFORTABLE LISTEN(A good safe
> record) Exile is an experience and
> one needs to disgust the greatness and
> masterpiece.

So is Exile if you hear it enough times. When you get used to it, it sounds safe. All records do.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: olympia ()
Date: October 27, 2005 12:54

afree with Dandelion powerman ,ABB is way beyond my expectations.
These guys are talented,that's the only reason why they are still around and people pay high ticket prices to see them.

Date: October 27, 2005 13:00

It was the way they put down the record in the crazy drunken drugged out state
that created the magic and masterpiece in the basement. Finding the perfect
SPACE to make a record is important for musicians to feed off and having a
different environment to make the record. yeah they fleed to france to avoid
the tax man but it all worked.Like any masterpiece it just happens.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: October 27, 2005 15:08

>>crazy drunken drugged out state
that created the magic and masterpiece in the basement<<

I'd say you are half right. This is the state of mind, but don't omit the environment, the actual living people and musician that were around them, also the actual musical legends that had just left their mark on the scene.. It WAS still a whole scene in '71...
Ensconse them today down there with the same drug and booze, even if still in their late 20s, I doubt highly you would get the masterpice...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home