Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: OT: People affected by the virus
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 2, 2020 12:01

Aquamarine
Markdog
Not to take away the seriousness of it but the 100K-250K death estimates for US are pure nonsense.

What are your credentials for saying this? Or on what data are you relying?

"Pentagon Orders 100,000 Body Bags As FEMA Braces For Onslaught Of COVID-19 Deaths"

[www.zerohedge.com]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 2, 2020 22:16

Yikes. Just reading on msn about CNN’s Chris Cuomo (younger Brother of NY Governor Andrew), who I watched Mon. night after hearing he had tested positive, but took a break from the news last night. Holy crap - scary stuff. Mon. he seemed OK as he did his show from his basement, but Tues night he said it hit him, ‘like somebody was beating me like a piñata’ and was shivering so much he broke a tooth.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 2, 2020 23:16

Ray Benson of Asleep At The Wheel has tested positive for COVID-19

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 3, 2020 00:17

MadMax
I got the virus on the 11th of march and became ill on the 16th. It started with me getting out of breath and then a typical chill a la the flu started so when I got home I poured mysef a big glass of Macallan and then I took a hot shower and jumped in bed. I don't like to take paracetamol or other stuff which takes down the fever as I like my immune system to work independently without interference.
During the first night my lungs felt like they were on fire and I had a fever which reached 39.8 Celcius. However in the morning I felt much better but I was ill (tired, Little bit of muscle pains and still getting out of breath) for about 10 Days afterwards. However no sore throat or general cold symptoms at all.

Now I feel completey recovered EXCEPT the fact I can't smell or taste anything. It is a nightmare, the taste receptors are not working, I can feel the salt/sweet/sour/bitter stuff on my tongue but NO taste. I sure do hope it comes back as it's boring not to be able to enjoy food and beverages.

Any fellow IORRian catched it and got the same experience?

If you had Corona and recovered from it, you should contact your doctor and ask about donating blood...it may have valuable antibodies for research and/or helping others

[www.wsj.com]

or this post....if you don't wanna subscribe to WSJ

[www.usatoday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-03 00:20 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 3, 2020 02:44

i work in a hospital,here is the truth, im in covid rooms every day, and most of the beds in the hospital are empty, very few people have other illnesses, they will be at home receiving little to no care,but the media dont talk about them, and very few people die of other illnesses like they would have a few weeks ago,they too will be at home dying and almost no operations are performed now,the media dont talk about that too, so those patients will now be at home not getting the operations they need. thats the blunt truth of whats happening. cancer tests have been cancelled,the media dont talk about that either, A and E is open though, me and many of my work collegues might have the virus, many are off work, but so far no one is serious or has died, few have been tested. but no one has claimed to have had worse symptoms than a flu. people are skiving off work on full pay with nothing wrong with them, and social distancing in a hospital is a joke, especially when youve got a dozen in a lift together.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 3, 2020 04:01

Markdog
The implosion of the world wide economy should affect most everyone. People getting this are recovering or dying at a similar rate to seasonal flu. No doubt many of them that are at risk of death from flu (35,000 last season in USA) are now put in these numbers for covid. Not to take away the seriousness of it but the 100K-250K death estimates for US are pure nonsense.

Will things be the same for most of us after this blows over? Is the Almighty preparing us to reassess our priorities? Will other events follow? Seems best to get your ducks in row in more ways than just financially.

Stay safe.

Another expert talking nonsense. The numbers are getting worse by the day. The models may or may not be right but every day it gets more real.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 3, 2020 04:29

daspyknows
Markdog
The implosion of the world wide economy should affect most everyone. People getting this are recovering or dying at a similar rate to seasonal flu. No doubt many of them that are at risk of death from flu (35,000 last season in USA) are now put in these numbers for covid. Not to take away the seriousness of it but the 100K-250K death estimates for US are pure nonsense.

Will things be the same for most of us after this blows over? Is the Almighty preparing us to reassess our priorities? Will other events follow? Seems best to get your ducks in row in more ways than just financially.

Stay safe.

Another expert talking nonsense. The numbers are getting worse by the day. The models may or may not be right but every day it gets more real.

Exactly! On March 1, that was the day of the first death in the US. Trump said maybe it'll go away on its own by April. 33 days later, there are now 6054 dead in the US, looking at the stats on Fox website and other sites. Early yesterday it was 3900. As the days go by, you'll start to see daily deaths in the thousands. The number infected currently is 244254. Early yesterday it was 189035 so over 50000 new infections in one day. Total worldwide numbers hit 1 million today with 52983 dead.
Canada has done a good job so far of enacting laws for social distancing, staying at home, closing of non essential businesses, etc. With a population of about 10% of the US, there are 1283 confirmed cases with 173 deaths.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 3, 2020 04:39

DGA35
Canada has done a good job so far of enacting laws for social distancing, staying at home, closing of non essential businesses, etc. With a population of about 10% of the US, there are 1283 confirmed cases with 173 deaths.

We’re doing a decent job, but that’s likely a typo... we’re at 11,283 cases at the moment.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 3, 2020 06:13

SomeTorontoGirl
DGA35

We’re doing a decent job, but that’s likely a typo... we’re at 11,283 cases at the moment.

Damn, I missed the extra 1! I live on the west coast but I watch CP24 regularly! I must say I'm impressed with how Doug Ford and John Tory are responding to this crisis. Here in BC, there are currently 1121 confirmed cases with 31 deaths. A good sign is that 641 people, over 50%, have now recovered!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 3, 2020 19:17

It looks like my youngest brother may now have the virus. He’s been working on a Covid-19 Ward in a busy south London hospital. He’s feeling okay, thankfully.

I hope everyone here is baring-up. I’m drinking too much beer through boredom.

Date: April 3, 2020 19:32

Big Al
It looks like my youngest brother may now have the virus. He’s been working on a Covid-19 Ward in a busy south London hospital. He’s feeling okay, thankfully.

I hope everyone here is baring-up. I’m drinking too much beer through boredom.

Best wishes to your brother and everyone else working on the front lines of health care.

Date: April 3, 2020 19:33

My boss went on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic.

Changed planes in Atlanta and New York.

He took the test Tuesday and came back positive yesterday.

He did stay at home when he got back and did not come in contact with anyone.

He seems to be fine after having a few bad days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-03 19:34 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 3, 2020 23:00

I got the low fever, night sweats and chills for the first 3 days, sore throat, palpitations, exhaustion , can't smell or taste anything but didn't have a persistent cough, just an annoying one that is still with me almost three weeks later. It's a bit like boy who cried wolf, because I'm usually a bit of a hypercondriac everyone in the family thinks it's stress related to the virus.
I'm mot so sure, as soon as test kits become available in the UK i guess i will know if i had it or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-03 23:03 by keithsman.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 3, 2020 23:17

keithsman
I got the low fever, night sweats and chills for the first 3 days, sore throat, palpitations, exhaustion , can't smell or taste anything but didn't have a persistent cough, just an annoying one that is still with me almost three weeks later. It's a bit like boy who cried wolf, because I'm usually a bit of a hypercondriac everyone in the family thinks it's stress related to the virus.
I'm mot so sure, as soon as test kits become available in the UK i guess i will know if i had it or not.

grinning smiley ...........Phantom Covid.............

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 3, 2020 23:25

EddieByword
keithsman

grinning smiley ...........Phantom Covid.............

LOL. I know but it felt very real to me, i was just waiting for the axe to fall but thankfully it didn't.

Posted by: marlboro ()
Date: April 4, 2020 00:01

Larry Campbell

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2020 03:14

marlboro
Larry Campbell

[www.facebook.com]

For those who don't use facebook, here's his intense story via RollingStone: ‘This Thing Has Been a Beast’

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 4, 2020 12:20

keithsman

You had it Keithsman. I didnae have a persistent cough neither but the exhaustion and loss of smell and taste are clearly signs of the Corona. I am happy you feel better!smileys with beer

Date: April 4, 2020 20:09

There’s a report on Shidoobee that Marianne Faithfull has been ill with the virus and in hospital since Tuesday. Wishing her strength for the fight and a full recovery.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 4, 2020 23:21

Just heard the same. Crossing fingers for her to recover soon.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 5, 2020 00:12

Marianne Faithfull Hospitalized After Testing Positive for Coronavirus

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 00:13 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2020 04:21

Marianne's hospitalization and more from the tabloid angle:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 5, 2020 06:33

Marianne Faithfull, please get completely well soon, okay?

[news.sky.com]

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 5, 2020 08:07

bye bye johnny
Ray Benson of Asleep At The Wheel has tested positive for COVID-19

[www.facebook.com]

Met him once, great guy. His book is very interesting too!

OT: Marianne Faithfull has Coronavirus
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 5, 2020 15:18

British singer Marianne Faithfull has been admitted to a hospital in London with coronavirus, her manager told Rolling Stone magazine.

She tested positive on Monday and developed pneumonia, according to Francois Ravard. “She is stable and responding to treatment," he says.

Source: BBC news web site reported at 12:26pm uk time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 15:21 by ukcal.

Re: OT: Marianne Faithfull has Coronavirus
Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 5, 2020 15:47

Do we really need to comment on every celebrity who caught the virus? It's just not especially newsworthy. Think about the thousands of people who don't even get access to medical treatment and are fighting for their existence. I get that one is obviously more affected when it comes to family and friends, but celebrities??

Re: OT: Marianne Faithfull has Coronavirus
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 5, 2020 15:49

the better response is .....best wishes to MF and anyone else that is going through this. Full stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 15:52 by Rip This.

Get Well Marianne
Date: April 5, 2020 19:11

I looked twice that there was no thread already started.
Hang in there Marianne. Stay strong.

[www.theguardian.com]

Marianne Faithful is infected
Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: April 5, 2020 19:56

I have just read this :

Statement:
Marianne Faithfull’s manager @ravard_francois has confirmed that Marianne is being treated for Covid-19 in hospital in London. She is stable and responding to treatment, we all wish her well and a full and speedy recovery
— Republic Media (@Republic_Media) April 4, 2020

Let's hope she will get well soon!

Re: OT: People infected or affected by the virus
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 5, 2020 20:37

Former NFL Kicker Tom Dempsey has passed away from Covid 19 RIP

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home