Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ridiculous post, but its only Rock n Roll
Posted by: Mickjagg65 ()
Date: October 24, 2005 07:39

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself,
Whats up, I am Bobby from New York City. I am 24 years old and i have seen the boys 9 times since Bridges to Babylon, the tour which caught me as a fan hook line and sinker...
Anyway at the time i was probobly 16 and in high school, thats secondary school for all u europeons: ) just bustin balls, i am dating a girl from Ireland and i like to @#$%& around. I saw Aerosmith, it was my first rock concert, they opened with Love in an Elevator, It was amazing, it got me by the balls never saw anything like it.
My best friend got tix for 2 nights at giant stadium. He went the night before i did with his parents. When he came into school in the morning he told me they swept Aerosmith under the rug. I thought he was nuts and there was no way it could be true. Keep in mind my CD collection consisted of House of Pain and Metallica. Keith pops out in a leopard skin jacket, honastly anybody remember this, could be the coolest part of that tour, i want that jacket. I CANT GET NO!!!!
So i never saw anything like it. The Bridge is what hooked me. They walked off the stage and a half mile bridge popped out. Encovered in smoke it slowly etched its way across the stadium. Then they walked acroos it and played more songs. I heard a million stones songs on the radio. I dont know any of them. I am waiting to hear "What a drag it is getting old", the song i hear over and over on the radio. They play some song on the small stage that i have never heard but am amazed by, after checking the setlist the next night to interpet what it was i read the words "I bet u keep your pussy clean". Holy shit, thats what i thought about those lyrics at the time, and now i am thinking: I @#$%& SAW STAR @#$%& AND I DIDN'T KNOW STAR @#$%&!!
So life went on i saw them 2 more times at the garden at the tour, one time i got memory motel, my spanish teacher, a so called fan told me that the song wasnt any good, i asked her because the song was winning the email poll, anybody remember that tour idea? I hear the song for the first time, mick playin the piano, keith singing. When i heard it i thought, If the Beatles could write the best song ever, it would be called Memory Motel.
Ok tour ends, and i am hooked, i bought that album with the song that they sing:Baby I'm going crazy, or something like that. So i am doing my book report for school and i am thinking this album really isnt any good. It kind of annoys me. I dont really know anything from it, but i keep listing, eventually i am singing; "GIMME ONE DRINK,AND IM GODDAM DRUNK!!'. Oh my god, this is the greatest album i've ever heard. If i put it on with my friends in the room they dont even pay attention, but here and there i hear a new lick and i cant pay attention to anyone else in the room. I just keep thinkin, where the hell did u come up with that keith?
No Security tour, they didnt play New York, whats up with that? @#$%& i'll go see the show in conneticut. Midnight Rambler rocks the small stage. OK, now i can die.
Its been a while, I am a die hard now. Friends girlfriends parents sisters and brothers, brothers and sisters all know i am a diehard now.
So I start reading this sight. Mick this Ronnie that. U know what? Taylors solo on Time Waits for No One is amazing, in fact all his work on exile gives me the willies, but so does Brian Jones work on No Epectations. Keiths work on everything reminds me about what rock n roll is and ronnie does a damn good job rockin out on his tunes. Does anybody ever think about what songs he probobly inspired? I am probobly way off, because i am not in the band, but Rough Justice anyone?
Allright, that was my bitchin, so i go with 5 friends to toronto. Free stones show. Lets get rid of SARS!!! My friends think it is the best concert they've ever seen, but i've seen the stones,8 times now. Do i actually notice when this band is off? Yep, and this band is off.
Press Conference, NYC, Lets not even go here, amazing if u were there.
On Stage? is this really the name for the tour? nope A Bigger Bang. Madison Sguare Garden. Its been 2 years i miss these shows, i cant wait to check iorr everyday just to read whats goin on with the tour, its my first tour that i follow from these web pages, people still bitch about everything, whatever i dont care, i luv the stones i'll keep reading.
Last time i saw them at the garden i got rambler and Cant u hear me knocking. This time not so good. The show was great once again but it seems like there was something missing, maybe keith is slowing down. Mick ran the crowd and the show, as always, but maybe keith lost a little bit, he wasnt workin the crowd as usual. All in all still a great show.

PITTSBURG 2005:

Got Tix, because Pearl Jam was opening. There was a vibe in the street. There was a buzz before walking into the stadium, as always, but this was different. Pearl jam came out and blazed through their set. Greatist Hits, every one in the crowd sang every word for them. I ALMOST forgot i was gonna see the stones again. Pearl Jam was Sooooooo good.
START ME UP! Stones were the best i've ever seen them at this show. Every song, I ONLY TAKE MY SOCKS OFF WHEN I"m SLEEPIN!!! Shes so cold, Honky Tonk, I wish i had the ability to describe how goood they were but Pearl (who?) got it started, and the boys ended it and now i am sad cause i wont see them till MSG 2006
Till the next time we say goodbye,
I'll be thinkin of u

Then I said Hi, like a spider to a fly...

Re: Ridiculous post, but its only Rock n Roll
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 24, 2005 20:32

Keep the fires burnin' for the Stones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home