Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...285286287288289290291292293294295...LastNext
Current Page: 290 of 344
Re: Safety measures of No Filter Tour U.S. 2021
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 30, 2021 23:43

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 30, 2021 23:45

Topi

Excellent.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 31, 2021 00:16

MisterDDDD
Topi

Excellent.

Not really. Actually kind of full of holes. Unvaxxed person appears at gate with mask on, gets inside twenty paces, off with the mask, no one the wiser.

Really, if theres a will theres a way, and most of these morons really go out of their ways to find a way.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 31, 2021 00:29

jbwelda
MisterDDDD
Topi

Excellent.

Not really. Actually kind of full of holes. Unvaxxed person appears at gate with mask on, gets inside twenty paces, off with the mask, no one the wiser.

Really, if theres a will theres a way, and most of these morons really go out of their ways to find a way.

jb

Agreed. Its better than nothing but only slightly. I know I will be double (or triple) vaxxed and will wear a mask.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 31, 2021 00:30

wear a condom after each show ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 31, 2021 00:50

Rockman
wear a condom after each show ...

I'd put it on before the show, in case you have to leave early...or something.

Date: July 31, 2021 00:56

jbwelda

jb

I'll revise to good.. the positive is more the message it helps send.
Get vaxxed, or stay home. Which is a big part of what is and will drive people to get shot., I applaud even this no real teeth gesture.

Date: July 31, 2021 01:13

MisterDDDD
jbwelda

jb

Get vaxxed, or stay home. Which is a big part of what is and will drive people to get shot., I applaud even this no real teeth gesture.

Dunno...gives people a false sense of security. Only takes a few losers, of which there will sadly be quite a few, to have things go sideways.

Date: July 31, 2021 03:30

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
jbwelda

jb

Dunno...gives people a false sense of security. Only takes a few losers, of which there will sadly be quite a few, to have things go sideways.

Agreed. We could probably find a few on here who are unvaxxed and would go knowingly infected with Covid and not really care about spreading it because it represents their personal freedoms.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 31, 2021 03:49

All Stones concerts are in outdoor stadiums. It is much more difficult to catch Covd19 outdoors (obviously) Buy a personal battery operated fan. Buy a few of them. Options-- wear a plastic face shield and mask. My local Dollar Tree store has these face shields at $1 each.

Also if you do "catch" Covid at a Stones concert it should be more mild because you are not going to have that much Virus shed onto you. You are in the outdoors where air circulates. Or you might get a nothing burger of a positive test that leads to....Nothing.

I am aware that 1000 out of 20000 attendees tested positive after an outdoors concert. These attendees might have been standing and jammed close together? In Holland I think? Out of these 1000 positives how many got really sick? My bet it was the barest of bare minimums.

You will not be jammed together at a seated Stones venue, unless you go to the pit, if there even is one.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 1, 2021 06:21

triceratops
All Stones concerts are in outdoor stadiums. It is much more difficult to catch Covd19 outdoors (obviously) Buy a personal battery operated fan. Buy a few of them. Options-- wear a plastic face shield and mask. My local Dollar Tree store has these face shields at $1 each.

Also if you do "catch" Covid at a Stones concert it should be more mild because you are not going to have that much Virus shed onto you. You are in the outdoors where air circulates. Or you might get a nothing burger of a positive test that leads to....Nothing.

I am aware that 1000 out of 20000 attendees tested positive after an outdoors concert. These attendees might have been standing and jammed close together? In Holland I think? Out of these 1000 positives how many got really sick? My bet it was the barest of bare minimums.
in back.
You will not be jammed together at a seated Stones venue, unless you go to the pit, if there even is one.

Tricer--Yes, all venues thus far have a pit--actually three pits, two in the front (Pit 1 and Pit 2), and a GA pit in back.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 1, 2021 15:59

georgemcdonnell314
If I die from the virus I caught at a Stones concert I will die doing what I love most.

Simple enough.

And those to whom you might pass the virus onto? Will they be as happy as you? Or you don’t care?

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-01 16:00 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 1, 2021 16:31

triceratops
All Stones concerts are in outdoor stadiums.

Not all. Several shows on the upcoming tour are in domed stadiums.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 1, 2021 18:03

… If I could stick a knife in my heart
Suicide right on stage
Would it be enough for your teenage lust
Would it help to ease the pain?
Ease your brain?

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 1, 2021 23:45

bye bye johnny
triceratops
All Stones concerts are in outdoor stadiums.

Not all. Several shows on the upcoming tour are in domed stadiums.

I am not going to drill into this but I would think domed stadiums have giant air calculators. No one likes dead stagnant air. Anyways Mick will insist the dome be retracted even if it is cold. So I would think. Stones fans can bear with this. Just wear your long Johns (warm underwear that goes underneath your trousers) (I hope no ones gets triggered by the word trousers here)

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 2, 2021 02:00

>giant air calculators

circulators?

jb

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 2, 2021 02:32

I am fully vaccinated, will wear as mask if asked to, do not want COVID or to infect anyone else, and will use what little common sense I have to keep all people safe. Damn, I almost sound reasonable. confused smiley

BTW, I'm a political conservative (but not a Trump worshipper. He and Biden need to do a commercial together encouraging vaccinations.) thumbs up

C'mon y'all, just use some common sense and think of others. cool smiley

I'm ready for some live music (I've seen Allman Betts recently and I am going to see Blackberry Smoke next week) and sporting events (Go Dawgs!). smileys with beer

Let's go out dancin', let's go for the throat! "Mixed Emotions" The Rolling Stones spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: August 2, 2021 02:36

Geezus the crap thrown here is insane. Live your life.
Go to the shows and enjoy or don’t. But stop crying about something you have no damn control over.

Date: August 2, 2021 03:09

triceratops

Don't make bets when you don't know the odds. Playing Russian Roulette with a 12 shot revolver has only a 12% of a bullet. Those are pretty good odds.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 04:09

daspyknows
triceratops

Don't make bets when you don't know the odds. Playing Russian Roulette with a 12 shot revolver has only a 12% of a bullet. Those are pretty good odds.

I'm no math teacher, but I think 1/12 is actually 8.33%....

[thepercentagecalculator.net]

and bullet to head = death 100% of the time. That's not Covid.

Covid = death 10% of the time....effectively ZERO if you are vaccinated.

even less if you are vaccinated + under 50 + not obese + no underlying health conditions etc....

...and that's if you catch it at all....the odds of which are also reduced if you are vaccinated....

Covid is not Russian Roulette....

horrible analogy.

Follow the science. Follow the math.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 04:20 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 2, 2021 04:28

I'm vaccinated and have little to no concern, If this surge was real the Biden administration would stop the flow of refugees at the Mexican/US border and stop flying them to cities around the US. Sorry don't mean to bring politics on here but that's how I feel.

Date: August 2, 2021 05:05

slew
I'm vaccinated and have little to no concern, If this surge was real the Biden administration would stop the flow of refugees at the Mexican/US border and stop flying them to cities around the US. Sorry don't mean to bring politics on here but that's how I feel.

But the US has continually had the worst record in terms of COVID cases in the entire world.

The rest of us are scared sh*tless by your country's attitude around this.

Sorry to bring politics on here but that's how I feel.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 2, 2021 05:55

treaclefingers
slew

But the US has continually had the worst record in terms of COVID cases in the entire world.

The rest of us are scared sh*tless by your country's attitude around this.

Sorry to bring politics on here but that's how I feel.

It's never, never, never ever the fault of the million or so Americans who choose not to be vaccinated.

Date: August 2, 2021 06:01

slew

Not politics, just racism. Sounds like the Congressman from Texas who is against vaccination mandates but wants immigrants forcibly vaccinated. I am more afraid of millions of racist anti-vaxxers than thousands of immigrants fleeing their country for a better life.

Date: August 2, 2021 06:04

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
triceratops

I'm no math teacher, but I think 1/12 is actually 8.33%....

[thepercentagecalculator.net]

and bullet to head = death 100% of the time. That's not Covid.

Covid = death 10% of the time....effectively ZERO if you are vaccinated.

even less if you are vaccinated + under 50 + not obese + no underlying health conditions etc....

...and that's if you catch it at all....the odds of which are also reduced if you are vaccinated....

Covid is not Russian Roulette....

horrible analogy.

Follow the science. Follow the math.

Bad math, lack of sleep but stand by the analogy.

This is a friend of a friend's sister's post. He is not obese, not over 50 and had no underlying health conditions. Just wasn't vaxxed. If one follows the science and math they will get vaccinated.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 06:10

MingSubu
I'm willing to risk it and willing to infect others, for the stones

If you are at risk, or scared. Stay home. Easy as that.

Don't be a hypocrite either. Don't bitch and cry the entire pandemic. Then go out to see the stones play.

“Willing to infect others.” You’re a real piece of shit.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 08:44

Don't make bets when you don't know the odds. Playing Russian Roulette with a 12 shot revolver has only a 12% of a bullet. Those are pretty good odds.[/quote]

Are you willing to demonstrate that though?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 2, 2021 09:00

rustytrinket86
MingSubu
I'm willing to risk it and willing to infect others, for the stones

If you are at risk, or scared. Stay home. Easy as that.

Don't be a hypocrite either. Don't bitch and cry the entire pandemic. Then go out to see the stones play.

“Willing to infect others.” You’re a real piece of shit.

Anyone who is going to a show is "willing to infect others." Vaxxed and masked, you can still spread and catch it. Bunch of hypocrites here.

Date: August 2, 2021 14:34

Meh.
Going to a show, doesn't translate into a willingness to infect others.

The onus and responsibility is now on the unvaxxed, whether at the concert, the plane, or in the grocery store, at this point.
The only exception to that rule is unvaxxed minors imo, who I wouldn't knowingly put myself within eye shot of.

Testing is also free and easy, at home/hotel options are plentiful, so I plan on testing when I return, and quarantining if necessary. But again, I plan on taking every precaution, if there is an adult who doesn't, or puts their child at risk, the onus and responsibility is on them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 14:37 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 2, 2021 15:16

I saw this coming. I would be very surprised if this doesn't spread to a lot of other high profile concerts in the next few months.

[jambands.com]

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...285286287288289290291292293294295...LastNext
Current Page: 290 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home