Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...222223224225226227228229230231232...LastNext
Current Page: 227 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 23, 2021 20:45

24FPS
TheGreek
teleblaster
I know a few people who have a tender arm after the Pfizer vaccine. Mine was OK, but I had headaches, chills, fatigue, etc., for a couple of days after my second vaccination. Fine now.
I am super worried about my 2nd shot in a few weeks as I have never had a flu shot and have heard all the stories of people feeling flu like symptoms and am concerned that it will kick my fanny .

It did me. Laid down that night after 2nd shot. Arm hurt twice as much than 1st shot. Woke up with severe chills. Fever went to 99.9. Bad headache. Fatigue. Mid-day next day all symptoms were gone. I was told the reaction meant my immune system was kicking in. I'll go with that.
Well , this is what I am hearing from folks that have had the second shot and I am concerned to say the least . It really is amazing in keeping your guard up and following all the suggestions and I have not had the slightest cold in the past year , which goes to show the Doctors know what they are talking about and telling us what to do . We just have to listen to them .

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 23, 2021 21:28

Getting Moderna 1 on Thursday. Can't get the J&J, it's not around.

I highly doubt I will have any symptoms of my immune system firing up since my immune system goes to... eleven.

But if I do I do.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 23, 2021 22:25

Germany is extending the current lockdown until 18-Apr-2021 (Berlin: 24-Apr-2021) - [www.DW.com] .

The originally planned even stricter lockdown from April 1-5 over the Easter holiday period has been taken back on 24-Mar-2021 after vast criticism - [www.DW.com] .

In the Netherlands the current lockdown will be extended to 20-Apr-2021 - [www.DutchNews.nl] , [NLTimes.nl] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 13:45 by Irix.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2021 22:32

Irix
Germany is extending the current lockdown until 18-Apr-2021 (Berlin: 24-Apr-2021) with an even stricter lockdown from April 1-5 over the Easter holiday period - [www.DW.com] .

In the Netherlands the current lockdown will be extended to 20-Apr-2021 - [www.DutchNews.nl] , [NLTimes.nl] .

With the restrictions either being eased up, lifted completely, or ignored here in the US, something tells me there will be more lockdown type restrictions some time in the near future in vatious cities/states.
I keep hearing it's a race between the vaccinations and the virus, but with so many hesitant and/or reluctant to get the vaccine, along with the out of control spring break partying,
not to mention those who are simply fed up with it all, it's just a matter of time before the shit hits the fan again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-23 22:40 by Hairball.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 23, 2021 22:44

For anyone who needs more incentive to get the jab:

Free donuts!

[www.cbsnews.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 23, 2021 22:48

TheGreek
24FPS
TheGreek
teleblaster
I know a few people who have a tender arm after the Pfizer vaccine. Mine was OK, but I had headaches, chills, fatigue, etc., for a couple of days after my second vaccination. Fine now.
I am super worried about my 2nd shot in a few weeks as I have never had a flu shot and have heard all the stories of people feeling flu like symptoms and am concerned that it will kick my fanny .

It did me. Laid down that night after 2nd shot. Arm hurt twice as much than 1st shot. Woke up with severe chills. Fever went to 99.9. Bad headache. Fatigue. Mid-day next day all symptoms were gone. I was told the reaction meant my immune system was kicking in. I'll go with that.
Well , this is what I am hearing from folks that have had the second shot and I am concerned to say the least . It really is amazing in keeping your guard up and following all the suggestions and I have not had the slightest cold in the past year , which goes to show the Doctors know what they are talking about and telling us what to do . We just have to listen to them .

FWIW, I had never had a flu shot before this past year, either, but got one because I was afraid of getting the flu at the same time as Covid, which would have been lethal in my case. I was really sick for 24 hours after the flu shot. But the Covid vaccine--no reaction to either shot, other than briefly sore arm.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:01

As if any more were needed to destroy public confidence in the AstraZeneca vaccine...

"In Italy, manslaughter probes worsen vaccine turmoil"

"On March 11, a prosecutor in the Sicilian city of Syracuse placed two doctors and a nurse under investigation for possible manslaughter following the sudden death of a navy officer just hours after he had received the shot made by AstraZeneca PLC."

Full report here:

[www.reuters.com]

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:09

Aquamarine

FWIW, I had never had a flu shot before this past year, either, but got one because I was afraid of getting the flu at the same time as Covid, which would have been lethal in my case. I was really sick for 24 hours after the flu shot. But the Covid vaccine--no reaction to either shot, other than briefly sore arm.

FWIW when I had my first 'Flu shot some years back I was laid low for about 6 hours. Subsequent years I have hardly noticed it.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:26

Hairball
Irix
Germany is extending the current lockdown until 18-Apr-2021 (Berlin: 24-Apr-2021) with an even stricter lockdown from April 1-5 over the Easter holiday period - [www.DW.com] .

With the restrictions either being eased up, lifted completely, or ignored here in the US, something tells me there will be more lockdown type restrictions some time in the near future in vatious cities/states.
I keep hearing it's a race between the vaccinations and the virus, but with so many hesitant and/or reluctant to get the vaccine, along with the out of control spring break partying,
not to mention those who are simply fed up with it all, it's just a matter of time before the shit hits the fan again.

Bingo.

[abcnews.go.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 23, 2021 23:32

More reason for us to be separated and hate each other, yay. Wake up or go along with the sleeping zombies. Anyhow it's lost, the wrong side usually wins. I'm not an Optomist. Hope they're right and I'm wrong, for what it's worth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-23 23:37 by frankotero.

Date: March 23, 2021 23:35

Beast

As if any more were needed to destroy public confidence in the AstraZeneca vaccine...

Still not looking good with AstraZeneca vaccine and blood clots:

Germany, 23-Mar-2021: More cases of blood clots in the brain are becoming known in Germany in conjunction with the AstraZeneca vaccination. In the Allgäu region of Germany, a 55-year-old nurse died with suspected cerebral venous thrombosis after being vaccinated with the AstraZeneca drug, the Kempten hospital confirmed to the Augsburger Allgemeine and Allgäuer Zeitung newspapers. According to the report, the nurse, who works at a clinic in Immenstadt, had been vaccinated with the first dose of AstraZeneca on March 3. After seven to eight days, she had suffered from severe symptoms and was hospitalized with severe headaches, the report said. On Saturday (20-Mar-2021), the woman died in Kempten. According to the report, the medical experts assume a cerebral venous thrombosis and a very high probability that the death of the nurse was related to the vaccination. According to the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute (PEI), which is responsible for the safety of vaccines, the number of reported sinus vein thromboses, a special form of cerebral vein thrombosis, had increased to 14 by last Friday (19-Mar-2021) after vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine. More up-to-date numbers were not initially available. With the exception of one case, all reports involved women aged 20 to 63, a PEI spokeswoman told the newspaper. In nine of the cases, the serious cerebral venous thromboses occurred in conjunction with a lack of platelets. There were several deaths. The EU Medicines Agency (EMA) had declared the Corona vaccine, made by British-Swedish manufacturer AstraZeneca, "safe and effective" last Thursday (18-Mar-2021) after a review. The benefits outweighed the risks, it said, following reports of cerebral venous thrombosis in temporal association with the vaccination. In Germany, the temporarily suspended vaccinations with AstraZeneca were then resumed. - [www.Tagesschau.de] - (in German).

Germany, 26-Mar-2021: After a 49-year-old woman died 12 days after a Corona vaccination, Unimedizin Rostock no longer wants to vaccinate certain groups of people (with high blood pressure, overweight, taking the oral contraceptive pill) with AstraZeneca for the time being. An autopsy is to clarify exactly what the 49-year-old woman died of. According to the University Medical Centre, she died on 24-Mar-2021 in the neurology clinic. She was an employee of the university hospital. There are indications of a "vaccine-induced incident following a first-time Covid-19 vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine", the university hospital said in a statement, but the exact correlation has not yet been conclusively clarified. The incident had been reported to the responsible authorities and the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute. It is the first death at the University Medical Centre Rostock that is possibly connected to a corona vaccination. The woman was found unconscious at home by her husband and was then brought to the hospital by the emergency doctor. According to the report, she had been vaccinated eleven days ago and had experienced slight symptoms afterwards, but these had improved after a visit to her family doctor. There were indications that the woman had been living with risk factors. Further examinations would have to clarify whether the suspicion of a correlation with the vaccination was substantiated. In total, a good dozen cases of cerebral venous thrombosis in conjunction with an AstraZeneca vaccination have been reported in Germany to date. This compares with more than 1.6 million vaccinations to date. - [www.NDR.de] - (in German).

Germany, 30-Mar-2021: So far, 31 suspected cases of sinus vein thrombosis have been reported in Germany after vaccinations with AstraZeneca. This was reported by the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute (PEI). In 19 cases, thrombocytopenia was also reported. In nine cases, the outcome was fatal, as reported by the institute responsible for the safety of vaccines. With the exception of two cases, all reports concerned women aged 20 to 63, according to the PEI. The two men were 36 and 57 years old. The cities of Berlin and Munich are suspending vaccinations with AstraZeneca for people under 60 as a precaution. In North Rhine-Westphalia, the heads of five of the six university hospitals had already spoken out in favour of a temporary halt to vaccinations of younger women with AstraZeneca - the risk of further deaths was too high. The district of Euskirchen in North Rhine-Westphalia already suspended vaccinations of young women with AstraZeneca on Monday, 29-Mar-2021. After a vaccinated 47-year-old woman died last week, the district has now been notified of a suspected "serious illness" in a 28-year-old woman following vaccination with AstraZeneca, it said. According to the district, she is "in a stable condition and is being cared for in a special clinic". - [www.Tagesschau.de] - (in German) - [www.DW.com] .

Germany, 10-Apr-2021: 42 suspected cases of sinus vein thrombosis after vaccination with AstraZeneca have been reported to the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute (PEI) so far, in 23 cases also thrombocytopenia (lack of blood platelets). Women between 20 and 63 years of age were most frequently affected, and according to the Robert-Koch-Institute (RKI), women were vaccinated with the product more often than men. The men were 24 to 58 years old. Eight people died, five women and three men, as reported by the institute responsible for the safety of vaccines. - [www.Tagesschau.de] - (in German).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-10 22:25 by Irix.

Date: March 23, 2021 23:56

Irix
Beast

Germany, 23-Mar-2021: More cases of blood clots in the brain are becoming known in Germany in conjunction with the AstraZeneca vaccination. In the Allgäu region of Germany, a 55-year-old nurse died with suspected cerebral venous thrombosis after being vaccinated with the AstraZeneca drug, the Kempten hospital confirmed to the Augsburger Allgemeine and Allgäuer Zeitung newspapers. According to the report, the nurse, who works at a clinic in Immenstadt, had been vaccinated with the first dose of AstraZeneca on March 3. After seven to eight days, she had suffered from severe symptoms and was hospitalized with severe headaches, the report said. On Saturday (20-Mar-2021), the woman died in Kempten. According to the report, the medical experts assume a cerebral venous thrombosis and a very high probability that the death of the nurse was related to the vaccination. According to the Paul Ehrlich Institute (PEI), which is responsible for the safety of vaccines, the number of reported sinus vein thromboses, a special form of cerebral vein thrombosis, had increased to 14 by last Friday (19-Mar-2021) after vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine. More up-to-date numbers were not initially available. With the exception of one case, all reports involved women aged 20 to 63, a PEI spokeswoman told the newspaper. In nine of the cases, the serious cerebral venous thromboses occurred in conjunction with a lack of platelets. There were several deaths. The EU Medicines Agency (EMA) had declared the Corona vaccine, made by British-Swedish manufacturer AstraZeneca, "safe and effective" last Thursday (18-Mar-2021) after a review. The benefits outweighed the risks, it said, following reports of cerebral venous thrombosis in temporal association with the vaccination. In Germany, the temporarily suspended vaccinations with AstraZeneca were then resumed. - [www.Tagesschau.de] - (in German).

Can't blame people for being cautious, hesitant, and even alarmed with news like this surrounding the AstraZeneca vaccine - it's always better to be safe than sorry.

And just because Dr. Anthony Fauci said "This is very likely a very good vaccine", doesn't mean it's true as he's been wrong about many things in the past by his own admission.
Hoping that his educated guess turns out to be true, but based on this story out of Germany (among others), there's also the possibility it's likely a not-so-good vaccine.

Date: March 24, 2021 01:11

Hairball
Irix
Beast

Germany, 23-Mar-2021: More cases of blood clots in the brain are becoming known in Germany in conjunction with the AstraZeneca vaccination. In the Allgäu region of Germany, a 55-year-old nurse died with suspected cerebral venous thrombosis after being vaccinated with the AstraZeneca drug, the Kempten hospital confirmed to the Augsburger Allgemeine and Allgäuer Zeitung newspapers. According to the report, the nurse, who works at a clinic in Immenstadt, had been vaccinated with the first dose of AstraZeneca on March 3. After seven to eight days, she had suffered from severe symptoms and was hospitalized with severe headaches, the report said. On Saturday (20-Mar-2021), the woman died in Kempten. According to the report, the medical experts assume a cerebral venous thrombosis and a very high probability that the death of the nurse was related to the vaccination. According to the Paul Ehrlich Institute (PEI), which is responsible for the safety of vaccines, the number of reported sinus vein thromboses, a special form of cerebral vein thrombosis, had increased to 14 by last Friday (19-Mar-2021) after vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine. More up-to-date numbers were not initially available. With the exception of one case, all reports involved women aged 20 to 63, a PEI spokeswoman told the newspaper. In nine of the cases, the serious cerebral venous thromboses occurred in conjunction with a lack of platelets. There were several deaths. The EU Medicines Agency (EMA) had declared the Corona vaccine, made by British-Swedish manufacturer AstraZeneca, "safe and effective" last Thursday (18-Mar-2021) after a review. The benefits outweighed the risks, it said, following reports of cerebral venous thrombosis in temporal association with the vaccination. In Germany, the temporarily suspended vaccinations with AstraZeneca were then resumed. - [www.Tagesschau.de] - (in German).

Can't blame people for being cautious, hesitant, and even alarmed with news like this surrounding the AstraZeneca vaccine - it's always better to be safe than sorry.

And just because Dr. Anthony Fauci said "This is very likely a very good vaccine", doesn't mean it's true as he's been wrong about many things in the past by his own admission.
Hoping that his educated guess turns out to be true, but based on this story out of Germany (among others), there's also the possibility it's likely a not-so-good vaccine.

There seem to be issues with the vaccine that need to be understood but and it is a big BUT, you are much more likely to suffer severe illness and/or death from Covid than from the vaccine. Would it be better there are no potential health issues, yes but its like saying would I rather play Russian roulette with a one in 1,000 chance of there being a bullet or one in 10,000.

Date: March 24, 2021 02:11

daspyknows
Hairball
Irix
Beast

There seem to be issues with the vaccine that need to be understood but and it is a big BUT, you are much more likely to suffer severe illness and/or death from Covid than from the vaccine. Would it be better there are no potential health issues, yes but its like saying would I rather play Russian roulette with a one in 1,000 chance of there being a bullet or one in 10,000.

The Russian roulette analogy sounds a bit strange and violent considering the vaccines are supposed to be potential lifesavers vs. gambling with a bullet to the head.
That aside, given the choice I'd opt for one of the other vaccines that have had NO issues, but it's not an issue in the US anyways as it won't be available here until May or June.
By then everyone here who wants one will already have had one (Pfeizer, Moderna,or J&J) - it's the people in other parts of the world that might have valid reason for concern.

Date: March 24, 2021 03:06

Hairball
daspyknows
Hairball
Irix
Beast

The Russian roulette analogy sounds a bit strange and violent considering the vaccines are supposed to be potential lifesavers vs. gambling with a bullet to the head.
That aside, given the choice I'd opt for one of the other vaccines that have had NO issues, but it's not an issue in the US anyways as it won't be available here until May or June.
By then everyone here who wants one will already have had one (Pfeizer, Moderna,or J&J) - it's the people in other parts of the world that might have valid reason for concern.

Analogy used in terms that some might understand. I personally would opt for a vaccine with no issues but if given the choice of the Astra Zeneca vaccine or Covid again I would choose to be at the front of the vaccine line.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 24, 2021 06:17

Bro, did you really have the covid?grinning smiley

Date: March 24, 2021 07:02

MingSubu
Bro, did you really have the covid?grinning smiley

Yes, I caught it in NY when I was visiting for the Allmans show and one year ago next week had my first ambulance ride to the hospital.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 24, 2021 09:59

U.K./ USA travel corridor will open in June allowing travel between the two countries.

Nate

Date: March 24, 2021 12:30

Aquamarine
TheGreek
24FPS
TheGreek
teleblaster

That's good to know . Thanks for the info .

Date: March 24, 2021 12:35

daspyknows
Hairball
Irix
Beast

Exactly the way I feel . Some side effects are better than death or contracting COVID-19.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 24, 2021 13:45

Nate
U.K./ USA travel corridor will open in June allowing travel between the two countries.

Nate

Have they said whether there will be proof of vaccination needed for travel? Last week, someone from Quantas (I think) said that would likely be an international requirement.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 24, 2021 13:52

SomeTorontoGirl
Nate

Nate

Have they said whether there will be proof of vaccination needed for travel? Last week, someone from Quantas (I think) said that would likely be an international requirement.

It will be proof of Vaccination or negative test in order to board the flight.
I think some countries when reopening will only allow proof of vaccination to skip quarantine such as Australia.

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 24, 2021 15:39

This has the potential to be a game changer.

Pfizer trials new pill that could stop early-stage Covid in its tracks
Pfizer is testing an oral pill to treat early symptoms of Covid-19

Pfizer has started stage one clinical trials of an oral pill that the company claims Covid-19 patients can take as soon as they start developing symptoms. If the trail is successful, this could be the first early intervention for Covid of its kind that could prevent the worsening of symptoms.

Pfizer is conducting the trial in the US for now and says that it has so far “demonstrated potent in-vitro antiviral activity” against the virus that causes Covid-19, “as well as activity against other coronaviruses, suggesting potential for use in the treatment of Covid-19 as well as potential use to address future coronavirus threats”.

Pfizer chief scientific officer Mikael Dolsten was quoted by media as saying: “Together, the two [oral and intravenous antivirals] have the potential to create an end to end treatment paradigm that complements vaccination.”

Pfizer will share details on the study and pre-clinical data on 6 April during an American Chemical Society meeting, according to US media reports.

Mr Dolsten, in an interview with Bloomberg, said there had been no unexpected problems seen in the phase one study so far, and that it could generate results within weeks. Pfizer, besides the antiviral pill, is also testing another medicine that is administered intravenously to hospitalised Covid-19 patients.

In a statement, Mr Dolsten said: “Given the way that SARS-CoV-2 is mutating and the continued global impact of Covid-19, it appears likely that it will be critical to have access to therapeutic options both now and beyond the pandemic.”
The oral pill belongs to a class of drugs known as protease inhibitors which, according to Pfizer, “bind to a viral enzyme (called a protease), preventing the virus from replicating in the cell.”
Pfizer already has an authorised vaccine created with German drugmaker BioNTech in the market, approved for use in scores of countries around the world. However, health experts say a large array of drugs and vaccines will be needed to end the pandemic. Covid-19 has infected at least 29 million and killed at least 543,000 people in America alone in a little over a year, according to Johns Hopkins University.
[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 25, 2021 08:53

The Finnish goverment will propose more stringent lockdown/curfew measures, unheard of since World War II, I guess.

Date: March 25, 2021 14:22

U.S. COVID response could have avoided hundreds of thousand of deaths - research

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States squandered both money and lives in its response to the coronavirus pandemic, and it could have avoided nearly 400,000 deaths with a more effective health strategy and trimmed federal spending by hundreds of billions of dollars while still supporting those who needed it.

That is the conclusion of a group of research papers released at a Brookings Institution conference this week, offering an early and broad start to what will likely be an intense effort in coming years to assess the response to the worst pandemic in a century.

U.S. COVID-19 fatalities could have stayed under 300,000, versus a death toll of 540,000 and rising, if by last May the country had adopted widespread mask, social distancing, and testing protocols while awaiting a vaccine, estimated Andrew Atkeson, economics professor at University of California, Los Angeles.

He likened the state-by-state, patchwork response to a car’s cruise control. As the virus worsened people hunkered down, but when the situation improved restrictions were dropped and people were less careful, with the result that “the equilibrium level of daily deaths ... remains in a relatively narrow band” until the vaccine arrived.

Atkeson projected a final fatality level of around 670,000 as vaccines spread and the crisis subsides. The outcome, had no vaccine been developed, would have been a far-worse 1.27 million, Atkeson estimated.
[www.reuters.com]

Date: March 25, 2021 15:25

25-Mar-2021: a new 'double mutant' variant of the Corona-Virus has been detected from samples collected in India - [www.BBC.com] , [Edition.CNN.com] .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 25, 2021 17:40

I have had both shots (Moderna) with no side effects - except an overwhelming desire to listen to the Rolling Stones.

Date: March 25, 2021 17:47

Elmo Lewis
I have had both shots (Moderna) with no side effects - except an overwhelming desire to listen to the Rolling Stones.

smileys with beer
Same with Pfizer, intensifies dramatically when I drive by or see a stadium.

Date: March 25, 2021 17:55

Denmark extends suspension of the Astra-Zeneca vaccine for 3 weeks

Denmark has extended its suspension of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab for three weeks, as officials continue to investigate reports that it causes blood clots.

"Right now, we believe that our basis for making a final decision on the further use of the COVID-19 vaccine by AstraZeneca is too uncertain,"
Soeren Brostroem, head of the Danish Health Agency, said. He said: "Many studies have been launched, but we do not yet have any conclusions.
That is why we have decided to extend the break." Nordic countries, including Denmark and Sweden, remain cautious and are conducting their own investigations.

The decision "was made on the basis of presumed side effects," Tanja Erichsen of the Danish Medicines Agency said.
"I would like to emphasise that I am not talking about ordinary blood clots," Ms Erichsen said. "It is not about blood clots in the arms, legs and lungs".

Sky News

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 26, 2021 00:31

THE AUSTRALIAN -- 26 March 2021

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...222223224225226227228229230231232...LastNext
Current Page: 227 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50