Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brussels Affair
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 22, 2005 02:24

Damn, how many releases are there of this show? Alot of people proclaim it to be the greatest peformance ever by the band. I don't have a good sounding copy. I just got it and I was excitd to listen but my copy is muffled and has a hiss throughout. Does anyone know how I can go go about getting a good sounding copy?

While we're on subject, I want some input from you guys...what is it about this performance that makes it so great?

Waiting to hear it in good quality!

Re: Brussels Affair
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: October 22, 2005 02:28

Check this thread: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Roger457 ()
Date: October 22, 2005 02:35

Duece,

I have VGP's Europe 73 (Gold Edition) and Timeless Europe 73 by Sister Morphine and both are outstanding.

As for the question you ask...What makes it so great? Listen to one of these issues and that should answer your question. Not only are the performances outstanding, the sound of the band is incredible! Charlie thumps, the guitars will send shivers up your spine and Jagger is in top form. Gimmie Shelter (which is from Wembley) and Tumbling Dice are worth the price of admission alone.
The version of Angie is simply stunning!

Roger

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 22, 2005 02:49

What is the best sounding of the various releases?

Posted by: Roger457 ()
Date: October 22, 2005 02:53

I would give the nod to Timeless Europe 73. But if you get VGP's Europe 73 Gold Edition you will be very pleased as well.

Roger

Date: October 22, 2005 02:59

I've had a couple of variations of those 1973 Brussels/Wembley shows. But I have only one that features JJF and it doesn't sound as dynamic as GS and SFM. Is there a better version or did they just not do all that great a job with it?

Date: October 22, 2005 03:00

Guys, I was amazed at the quality of "Timeless Europe", so this is why I'm sharing them with everyone. So many people have been kind to me in sending me discs, so it's the least I can do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-22 03:03 by bassplayer617.

Date: October 22, 2005 03:07

I'll vote for Europe '73,A Tour De Force,and Nasty Remixes.The Brussels Affair Definitive Edition by the Rattlesnake label has bonus tracks and good sound but,not the best sound out there.

Date: October 22, 2005 03:15

Well, Theif, the question begs itself--why don't you share them with us? Sh*t, if they sound better than "Timeless", then I want them too LOL. I've had a lot of success in uploading tracks on You Send It. C'mon, man, give'em up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home