Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie Is My Darling questions
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 11, 2020 20:24

I had a boot copy of this on VHS a long time ago but never upgraded to later versions. I saw it referenced in the thread about Got Live If You Want It and that got my curiosity going...so a question or two.

Is the 10" LP and CD of their performance good? I mean is it recorded well? Far better than GLIYWI? Minimal overdubs and no phony audience track? Basically what I am asking is, is it worthwhile buying from a music perspective?

Then there are the different versions of the package...I want the deluxe version that contains the 10" vinyl, dvd, blu ray, soundtrack cd and the live cd. I notice this is available on ebay anywhere from 25$ up to over a hundred. Am I seeing this right? All are for the deluxe edition it appears, so why the wide range in price? (aside from the typical attempted gouging by ebay retailers that is.) Is there something else here that I am missing? A super super deluxe something that makes one more expensive than the other?

Here are examples:

open, some slight damage, 25$

sealed, buyer says dvd but package shown says deluxe with lp etc also 25$

deluxe version, appears same as others, 150$

BoAAOxymnRSHLT9" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">deluxe version appears same as others, 100$

So, the choice is obvious if taken at face value. Are they really all the same? I have a message in to the seller of the second item asking if it is really what is shown and not just the dvd but have not heard back as yet.

What I would really like is a clean recording of an early concert without all the bs on GLIYWI...does the music on the cd/lp fit this description?

thanks in advance!

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 13:04 by bv.

Re: questions about Charlie Is My Darling
Date: February 11, 2020 20:29

<Is the 10" LP and CD of their performance good? I mean is it recorded well? Far better than GLIYWI? Minimal overdubs and no phony audience track? Basically what I am asking is, is it worthwhile buying from a music perspective?>

It's excellent.

It's on Spotify, so you can judge for yourself, btw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-11 20:30 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 11, 2020 23:33

OK thanks for the response. Its a done deal then, grabbed the cheap one with the little gouge in the back. I appreciate the guidance.

jb

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 12, 2020 00:01

The whole set is wonderful,you won't be disappointed...

Date: February 12, 2020 04:02

I bought with confidence after hearing from you two. Thanks again!

jb

Date: February 12, 2020 10:56

I ripped the vinyl a while ago, btw.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Charlie Is My Darling questions
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 12, 2020 14:27

Selecting mono when listening back reduces the loops of audience screaming a bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1947
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home