Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Nashville, TN USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2021 03:00

The Parthenon Nashville picture as posted here is NOT posted by Mick Jagger. His last post at present on Twitter and Facebook is from Pittsburgh.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 8, 2021 03:21

bye bye johnny
No recycling. Photo posted today lacked attribution.

smileys with beer

Date: October 8, 2021 04:01

I am hoping for Neighbors at this show although it may not show up until LA.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: October 8, 2021 05:24

Irix
erikjjf

That photo was probably from 2015 or so.

2018 Europe - B767 ZS-NEX (tongue-logo on the left side after 3rd window) - [www.Planespotters.net] .

2019 US Tour-Jet B757 N650DL by Delta Airlines see e.g. here - [Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] .

Thanks - anyone got the tail # for their charter this year? Here is what they had for 2015 US tour:

IMS Twitter

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: October 8, 2021 05:41

OK, looks like they might still be in ZS-NEX (767-300) - unless this new Tweet used old pic:

2021 Tweet

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 06:15 by TiminIndy.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: October 8, 2021 07:57

Pit 1 and 2 both ticket sold out on TM.
First time in this tour ?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2021 09:10

TiminIndy

OK, looks like they might still be in ZS-NEX (767-300) - unless this new Tweet used old pic:

These are old pics, old Tweets - better look here again: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 15:39

Soooooooooo......

I'm biting the bullet. Despite the loss of Charlie, setlist omissions, and COVID, after having watched videos of the first 2 shows, I realize I just need to go one last time, to get to my fabled lucky 13 shows...to take my sons to their first show and create what will hopefully be a lasting memory. I am scared as hell, as none of us are vaxed and Nashville seems to be a hotbed BUT I have bought tix far away - probably the furtherest away from the stage since I first saw them at age 21. I thought of different ways for us to limit our proximity to others, and this was the best I came up with. We have seats in the last row of our section, and I bought extra tix so that we will have a little bit of space to ourselves. We will also be masked the entire time, from the approach to the stadium until we are back in the car.

I need to say farewell to the live version of what is now The Rolling Stones. I need to pay my respects for our dearly departed Charlie. I need to share that grief with those who understand and feel the same. I want to create and have this final show be a memory that, hopefully, my boys talk about long after I am one day gone. I have said since I was 21, seeing the Stones live is truly the greatest show on earth. I look forward to one last hurrah with the band. I'm nervous and excited all at once. I'll be driving from Connecticut, to upstate NY to pick up my sons, and then down to Nashville - 16 hours one way and 18 back.

I really hope that this last show has a more diverse setlist that the most recent few shows has had - Ghost, Trouble's A-Coming, and really would love to hear Far Away Eyes. Just want to selfishly grab as many unheard live songs as I can. Would LOVE for Keef to break out Thru & Thru - my favorite of his, and actually, I used to sing it to my elder son when I'd change his diaper as a baby, and I'd act like Johnny Depp in Pirates. He got a kick out of it and used to laugh the whole time I was changing him. Saw Steve say that they rehearsed Moonlight Mile - THAT would be a real treat!! I long ago gave up on getting Almost Hear You Sigh - my only top 10 favorite song that I've never heard live. Either way lots of Mixed Emotions for sure.

See you all tomorrow night!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 16:33 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 8, 2021 16:08

a bigger nut
Pit 1 and 2 both ticket sold out on TM.
First time in this tour ?

I think LA #2 has been sold out (in practically every category) for a good while now. I looked at TM just now and there's ONE ticket in the lower bowl left in regular (face value) and only a handful of Platinums, none of which are pit tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 16:13 by Topi.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 16:18

I haven't checked each show individually, but I can tell you for the Tampa show I'm going to in a few weeks, both pit 1 and 2 are completely sold out.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 8, 2021 16:55

The Rolling Stones: "Loading in at Nashville!"

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com]

Date: October 8, 2021 17:18

VoodooLounge13
Soooooooooo......

I'm biting the bullet. Despite the loss of Charlie, setlist omissions, and COVID, after having watched videos of the first 2 shows, I realize I just need to go one last time, to get to my fabled lucky 13 shows...to take my sons to their first show and create what will hopefully be a lasting memory. I am scared as hell, as none of us are vaxed and Nashville seems to be a hotbed BUT I have bought tix far away - probably the furtherest away from the stage since I first saw them at age 21. I thought of different ways for us to limit our proximity to others, and this was the best I came up with. We have seats in the last row of our section, and I bought extra tix so that we will have a little bit of space to ourselves. We will also be masked the entire time, from the approach to the stadium until we are back in the car.

I need to say farewell to the live version of what is now The Rolling Stones. I need to pay my respects for our dearly departed Charlie. I need to share that grief with those who understand and feel the same. I want to create and have this final show be a memory that, hopefully, my boys talk about long after I am one day gone. I have said since I was 21, seeing the Stones live is truly the greatest show on earth. I look forward to one last hurrah with the band. I'm nervous and excited all at once. I'll be driving from Connecticut, to upstate NY to pick up my sons, and then down to Nashville - 16 hours one way and 18 back.

If I were there I would avoid you and yours like the *plague. (*back when everyone actually avoided plagues)

In all seriousness I hope you have the time of your lives, as I've done the same with my boys.

That said, totally irresponsible and selfish to subject them to this environment imo.
Unfair as well to those of us not wanting to be anywhere near unvaxxed kids, who have no choice, that we could potentially infect.

Hope "the long after I'm one day gone" conversations aren't relatively soon.
Good luck!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 8, 2021 17:35

Irix
The Rolling Stones: "Loading in at Nashville!"

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com]

Thought for a second this was the new Nashville poster - the top of the truck cab kind of resembles the tongue, and with a bit of embellishment this could have been the best poster yet!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 17:44

MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13
Soooooooooo......

If I were there I would avoid you and yours like the *plague. (*back when everyone actually avoided plagues)

In all seriousness I hope you have the time of your lives, as I've done the same with my boys.

That said, totally irresponsible and selfish to subject them to this environment imo.
Unfair as well to those of us not wanting to be anywhere near unvaxxed kids, who have no choice, that we could potentially infect.

Good luck!

I understand your perspective, Mr. DDDDDD. I talked to them about it ahead of time, and they are both over the age of 12. So it's not as if they aren't eligible for it. They feel comfortable enough to go, under the circumstances I have created. And when I specifically asked if they'd be interested in going to a Stones concert, the response was "Hell Yeah." So, hard to argue with that. Not looking to subject anyone else to COVID in either direction. That's why we will be MASKED, and I bought extra tickets to keep us distant from folks like you and vice-versa. We are high up in the stadium, so as to hopefully NOT have to breathe in as much of the air that others are exhaling. I put a LOT of thought into this whole thing. I do NOT take COVID lightly. My wife is a type-1 diabetic, and this means that I will have to be away from her self-quarantining for weeks after the show - more than just 2 - to be sure that I am safe to come home.

Date: October 8, 2021 18:35

All good voodoo.. enjoy the show.
Hard not to respond when you put the details out there.

Not the time/place for covid discussion but urge you to consider all getting jabs in honor of the concert as another way to make it a memorable event.

I've had three now.. and am not "scared as hell" about any of the shows. smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 8, 2021 18:52

VoodooLounge13
MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13
Soooooooooo......

Good luck!

I understand your perspective, Mr. DDDDDD. I talked to them about it ahead of time, and they are both over the age of 12. So it's not as if they aren't eligible for it. They feel comfortable enough to go, under the circumstances I have created. And when I specifically asked if they'd be interested in going to a Stones concert, the response was "Hell Yeah." So, hard to argue with that. Not looking to subject anyone else to COVID in either direction. That's why we will be MASKED, and I bought extra tickets to keep us distant from folks like you and vice-versa. We are high up in the stadium, so as to hopefully NOT have to breathe in as much of the air that others are exhaling. I put a LOT of thought into this whole thing. I do NOT take COVID lightly. My wife is a type-1 diabetic, and this means that I will have to be away from her self-quarantining for weeks after the show - more than just 2 - to be sure that I am safe to come home.

I know I said you should take your sons, but I didn't know then that you weren't vaccinated. The boys will be a lot safer than you are. Be careful out there, and enjoy.

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 21:20

...ashtray in this foto ...keef no smoking ???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 21:24 by stones2.

Date: October 8, 2021 21:28

MisterDDDD
Here's a pic from Darryl in SL where you can kind of see the Friends and Family/VIP area.

The indented area by the catwalk behind pit 2.
Not overly large and tucked in there, don't believe there's one on Ronnie's side.

Here's one from Pittsburgh where you can see similar.

....ASHTRAY IN THIS FOTO ...KEEF NO SMOKING ???

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 8, 2021 21:34

Soo excited to get to Nashville this evening from NYC and for the show tomorrow!

Any word on when and where the Lucky Dip pickup will be?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 8, 2021 21:39

stones2

Don't worry, that's just for the weed... hehehe ...

Date: October 8, 2021 22:24

waterrats
stones2

Don't worry, that's just for the weed... hehehe ...

Uauauauauaaaaa hahaha hehehe

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 8, 2021 22:39

Exploring Nashville!

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 22:42 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 8, 2021 22:46

Mick Jagger Takes Magical Journey to a Nashville Junkyard

Before he hits the Nissan Stadium, the Rolling Stones frontman soaks in some local beauty

By Angie Martoccio
October 8, 2021

Since kicking off the Rolling Stones’ fall tour last month, Mick Jagger has documented himself in every city — from posing at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis to sipping a beverage at a saloon in Charlotte, North Carolina. His next stop? Nashville.

Before the band hits Nissan Stadium on Saturday, Jagger paid visits to various locations around the city. But forget the Grand Ole Opry and the Ryman — what this man wants is a nice stop at the junkyard (PSC Metals, our Nashville correspondent Jon Freeman confirms).

Jagger also immersed himself in nature, gazing at deer, before making it to the Nissan Stadium parking lot. Hopefully, when the band arrives in Los Angeles to play SoFi Stadium on October 17th, he’ll ditch the Griffith Observatory and hang in a field of coyotes.

The Stones announced that the No Filter fall tour would proceed as planned in the wake of drummer Charlie Watts’ death in August. Steve Jordan has been taking his place. “We all miss Charlie so much, on the stage and off the stage, and we’d love to dedicate this tour to Charlie,” Jagger told the crowd at the tour kickoff last month. “Here’s to you, Charlie!”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2021 00:04

Mick in a junk yard .... Strange stuff
But its like every city has one of these monsters ...

Only last night watched report on Jakarta's
growing trash piles ... much of it used Covid related items .... scary stuff

ROCKMAN

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: October 9, 2021 01:08

Voodoo why wouldn't you get the vaccine? I dont get it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:22

Even the deer in the pic above are mesmerized by Mick...hypnotized...I can hear Mick singing to them now....

"Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run..."

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:29

I believe the scrap metal yard in the photo is very close to Nissan Stadium. I love these photos grinning smiley I don’t think he’s dyeing his hair as some have speculated. In the photo with the deer, you can see plenty of greys. I also dig that dinosaur print shirt he’s wearing. Mick is adorable in every sense of the word. See y’all tomorrow! smileys with beer

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:52

VoodooLounge13
Soooooooooo......

I really hope that this last show has a more diverse setlist that the most recent few shows has had - Ghost, Trouble's A-Coming, and really would love to hear Far Away Eyes. Just want to selfishly grab as many unheard live songs as I can. Would LOVE for Keef to break out Thru & Thru - my favorite of his, and actually, I used to sing it to my elder son when I'd change his diaper as a baby, and I'd act like Johnny Depp in Pirates. He got a kick out of it and used to laugh the whole time I was changing him. Saw Steve say that they rehearsed Moonlight Mile - THAT would be a real treat!! I long ago gave up on getting Almost Hear You Sigh - my only top 10 favorite song that I've never heard live. Either way lots of Mixed Emotions for sure.

glad you came around i know this has been a struggle for you i'm also hoping for far away eyes
i remeber voodoo lounge is your favorite one of mine too but i don't know about thru & thru but i think keiths done the worst within the last couple years so maybe that and i think though i'm not certain that they rehearsed love is strong
hope you and your sons have fun and stay safe and healthy

and you never know i don't think mick & keith wanna say goodbye to the us with a contractually obligated tour with the sad shadow of charlies death hanging over it and considering how well there playing i don't think this is the end i think they'll be back at least one more timewinking smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:55

bye bye johnny
Exploring Nashville!

[twitter.com]

You have to hand it to Mick. When it suits the interests of the band, he knows when and how to garner great publicity and do good promo for the tour. He has long ago established himself as the master in this arena.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-09 03:00 by Sighunt.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: October 9, 2021 03:51

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-09 04:07 by DREAMTIME.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home