Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2021 01:18

The Stones could have incentives for the hesitant and anti-vaxxers....

Go to the show, get vaccinated, and receive a 10% off discount code for HONK. smiling smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 29, 2021 01:19

daspyknows
I like this thinking. Lucky Dip pricing for those vaxxed and Ticketbastard Platinum pricing for the unvaxxed.

These Florida concert tickets are $18 if you're vaccinated, $1,000 if you're not
The promoter behind the discount hopes it encourages people to get their shot.

[abcnews.go.com]

I love it. Great idea.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 29, 2021 01:41

Personally I would not be motivated to get the vaccine, even if it guaranteed me entry to Camp X-Ray. And I doubt I'd regret passing up a chance to see Teenage Bottlerocket, MakeWar and Rutterkin.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 29, 2021 04:49

bleedingman
Personally I would not be motivated to get the vaccine, even if it guaranteed me entry to Camp X-Ray. And I doubt I'd regret passing up a chance to see Teenage Bottlerocket, MakeWar and Rutterkin.

Yes, we know. All for Stones doing something like this or requiring vaccination or proof of negative test. I will gladly skip the no vax states

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 29, 2021 04:59

This may have been covered already & if it has I apologize. Any possibility of any Lucky Dips being released in the next couple of months?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 29, 2021 05:19

Sockers56
This may have been covered already & if it has I apologize. Any possibility of any Lucky Dips being released in the next couple of months?

Not if people won't return them for a refund. So you're a bit late. Of course there's still the tiny chance of people not being to make the rescheduled date and thus getting a refund. But for that to happen we'd need to know what the dates are.

(The last time Lucky Dips were available seems to have been February this year, when I happened to spot an Austin Lucky Dip ticket hanging around on Ticketmaster. [iorr.org]. But before that you have to go all the way back to last summer)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-29 06:16 by Topi.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: May 29, 2021 05:37

bv
Every day from late summer through the rest of this year is kept empty in my calendar. No holiday booking, even if I would have loved to go on a real holiday now. The tour is coming up, just waiting for more info.

Awww Yeah! Love you BV, thanks for all you do!! smileys with beer

Date: May 29, 2021 06:08

Thank you for the information

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 29, 2021 08:12

Yay BV. Inhale. Exhale

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 29, 2021 09:31

welshphil
Matt1984
Now I’m hoping the UK can travel to the US by September.

I hope so to , still have my Pittsburgh lucky dips

same here.

plexi

Date: May 29, 2021 14:34

Assuming that dates will be announced next week? Usually fairly soon after word leaks out.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 29, 2021 18:34

The NFL- National Football league- where the big stadium shows happen- has announced that 28 of 30 stadiums have received approval from state and local governments to open their stadiums at full capacity when games resume this year 2021!
the two hold outs are Indianapolis and Denver. Denver is working to clear approvals within days. Indianapolis is working also after the Indy 500 race.

[www.espn.com]

The NFL football game schedule has also been announced for a concert tour to route around.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: May 29, 2021 20:39

I snapped up a couple $47 tix that just appeared for Tampa last night for a self upgrade.
The last few weeks only VIP were available on TM.
A couple days ago a huge amount of reg tix showed up, from $67+.
Now I regret not keeping my Lucky Dips! (Refunded in July)
Now if I get a hotel before they jack up the price I'm set.

Date: May 29, 2021 21:51

47 dollars? Where are those seats?

Date: May 29, 2021 21:52

Looks like face value pits are available for Tampa, too.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 29, 2021 22:43

Topi

Outside the stadium >grinning smiley<

Nate

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 29, 2021 23:01

The Hollywood Bowl takes a big step in opening up: 100 percent capacity and no COVID vax requirement to get in.

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2021 23:31

artedm
The Hollywood Bowl takes a big step in opening up: 100 percent capacity and no COVID vax requirement to get in.

[www.nytimes.com]

I saw the Stones play there twice in 2005 - both great shows at the historical venue.
Is it possible they would do a two or three night stand their in 2021 or 2022?
Nah.......................could never happen.............but ya never know. winking smiley

--------------------------------------------------------

Can't see the NY Times story as I've reached the limit of free articles, but found this brief story from The LAist:

Hollywood Bowl Drops Limitations On Capacity — Will Allow 100% Of Seats To Be Sold

HollywoodBowl

Big post-pandemic news: The Hollywood Bowl is switching to 100% capacity for its reopening in July. Previously, the Bowl planned to open at two-thirds capacity.
It's also removing vaccination requirements. The state only recommends — but isn't requiring — proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test for large outdoor venues once California fully reopens on June 15.
For those not feeling enthusiastic about the tight seating at the iconic location, you can opt out. Anyone who bought a ticket under the previous guidelines and isn't comfortable with the new ones can ask for a full refund.
Those first concerts open to the general public are for the Bowl's annual Fireworks Spectacular on July 3-4. This year the featured act is Kool & The Gang.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-29 23:32 by Hairball.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 30, 2021 00:55

Hairball
artedm

[www.nytimes.com]

I saw the Stones play there twice in 2005 - both great shows at the historical venue.
Is it possible they would do a two or three night stand their in 2021 or 2022?
Nah.......................could never happen.............but ya never know. winking smiley

--------------------------------------------------------

Can't see the NY Times story as I've reached the limit of free articles, but found this brief story from The LAist:

Hollywood Bowl Drops Limitations On Capacity — Will Allow 100% Of Seats To Be Sold

Let the exploding heads commence. I'm actually surprised but pleased. Hopefully other venues in other states follow suit.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 30, 2021 01:50

I just noticed that the Stones website took down the old 2020 dates and put a thank you out to those who attended 2019.

I wonder if when they announce the new dates if they will try to make it seem like new dates marketed as 2021 No Filter.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them at some point freeze the tickets currently on sale and have a new on sale with revised dates to generate hype.

Glad I already have my ticket for Detroit.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 30, 2021 02:00

Hollywood Bowl seems like a pretty small capacity place to see the Stones unless they expand it greatly from when I went there for a reggae show a few years ago.

What is the capacity there (I realize I could google it, sorry) or more like did they somehow expand the capacity for the Stones? It seemed way smaller to me than a typical football stadium gig, kind of obviously, more like an outdoor arena show.

jb

Date: May 30, 2021 02:24

Dougratajczak87
I just noticed that the Stones website took down the old 2020 dates and put a thank you out to those who attended 2019.

I wonder if when they announce the new dates if they will try to make it seem like new dates marketed as 2021 No Filter.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them at some point freeze the tickets currently on sale and have a new on sale with revised dates to generate hype.

What would be the point of freezing the sale? Just to generate hype? As you know, the tickets have been on sale this entire time all throughout the postponement. Ticketmaster, of course, doesn't have much choice but to keep them on sale since they are contracted to do so (and have their own slice of the pie in play as well)

I don't think they are going to need do that much marketing. Sure, there are remaining tickets to be sold but most tickets surely have been sold already.

By the way, are you sure that this change of the website is recent? I seem to remember having seen that "thank you" message before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-30 02:26 by Topi.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 30, 2021 02:54

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 30, 2021 03:47

Topi
Dougratajczak87

What would be the point of freezing the sale? Just to generate hype? As you know, the tickets have been on sale this entire time all throughout the postponement. Ticketmaster, of course, doesn't have much choice but to keep them on sale since they are contracted to do so (and have their own slice of the pie in play as well)

I don't think they are going to need do that much marketing. Sure, there are remaining tickets to be sold but most tickets surely have been sold already.

By the way, are you sure that this change of the website is recent? I seem to remember having seen that "thank you" message before.

From memory, I feel like I saw the postponed dates and message as recent as 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Now it’s a No Filter Playlist and a message about 2019 attendance on the Tour page, with no mention of the postponed dates, on the Tour page specifically.

I do see a post on the main page about the 2020 postponement (at least on the mobile version of the site).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-30 03:51 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: May 30, 2021 05:12

Be careful. You know BV doesn't want this to be turned into a political forum. Lets keep it on the Stones tour!

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: May 30, 2021 05:46

Topi

Far end of the stadium, near the top.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-30 05:47 by 1badgator.

Date: May 30, 2021 05:49

Ok, seems that price point has flexed down a bit from day one IIRC.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: May 30, 2021 08:07

If this happens in 2021, I will be so happy. While it has been encouraging to see sports and other things come back—-my enthusiasm was going to be tempered until the Stones came back.

Please let this be true!!

And God help my credit cards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-30 08:19 by kv2915.

Date: May 30, 2021 19:54

kv2915

And God help my credit cards.

Indeed!!

plexi

Date: May 30, 2021 20:00

jbwelda
Hollywood Bowl seems like a pretty small capacity place to see the Stones unless they expand it greatly from when I went there for a reggae show a few years ago.

What is the capacity there (I realize I could google it, sorry) or more like did they somehow expand the capacity for the Stones? It seemed way smaller to me than a typical football stadium gig, kind of obviously, more like an outdoor arena show.

jb

This of course was during the A Bigger Bang tour when they did play some arenas. I too was at both of these shows. I think the capacity is like 17,000, but Hairball can correct me.

Now, of course, they wouldn't play any such small capacity shows, tho they did play Milwaukee at the Marcus Ampitheatre during Summerfest, capacity 25,000. The only smaller sized show of that tour. Wish I was there, but the opener in San Diego was the only show I saw.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...111112113114115116117118119120121...LastNext
Current Page: 116 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home