Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 17, 2020 01:28

Now that San Diego is officially cancelled, I called Stubhub. They didn’t yet know it was cancelled. I was told as soon as they verify the cancellation, I will get an email and can then call back to have a refund processed. Fingers crossed I can get that $$$ back.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 17, 2020 08:17

StubHub won't actually refund you. They will only give you a 120% StubHub credit in the case of a cancellation.

[www.mlive.com]

Date: September 17, 2020 08:19

swimtothemoon
It seems risky to sell tickets for a future show while not knowing, if or
what, new requirements may be for large live shows.

Still, they have been doing it for the entire tour all along, ever since it got postponed back in March.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 17, 2020 09:02

They won't announce a concert at a new venue before there's light at the end of tunnel. My prediction is autumn 2021 the earliest but what do I know...

Date: September 17, 2020 19:53

The 120% refund has to be used by 12/31/21 according to their website. That is a joke since there are zero events to attend. Certain states require a refund, and California is one of them, so I have my fingers crossed. I am sure it will be a battle.

(Edited to correct typo)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-19 21:49 by JadedFaded.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 17, 2020 20:31

hockenheim95
They won't announce a concert at a new venue before there's light at the end of tunnel. My prediction is autumn 2021 the earliest but what do I know...

Keith said 2022 in the Rolling Stones interview

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 17, 2020 20:51

Topi
swimtothemoon
It seems risky to sell tickets for a future show while not knowing, if or
what, new requirements may be for large live shows.

Still, they have been doing it for the entire tour all along, ever since it got postponed back in March.

Yes I understand your point but this would be a completely different venue
with a completely different floor plan. What is risky and unknown is if there will be social distancing guidelines which must be followed once
large gatherings are allowed. If there is a chance such rules will be in place this would be impossible to meet prior to knowing the guidelines. A
stadium which normally holds 80,000 people would be reduced to a stadium
holding 40,000 people or, most likely, much less.

To your point Topi, if there is new social distancing guidelines the Stones
would have to scrap the whole tour and sell tickets which adhere to new
guidelines. Unfortunately, if social distancing is required, the resulting ticket prices would be much higher. Such high prices in large venues could make the tour risky.

Maybe their plan is to reserve the venue then sell tickets once large gatherings are allowed - this could be months from now but would make
the most sense. My opinion is things will not be back to normal until
2022 which is their 60th anniversary.

Date: September 17, 2020 22:03

More Hot Rocks
hockenheim95

Keith said 2022 in the Rolling Stones interview

He didn't quite say that though. He did say they hope to play the 60th anniversary. I didn't take it to mean that would be the next time they play live.

In 2022, the Stones will be celebrating the 60th anniversary of their first shows. Richards hopes it’s an occasion they mark onstage. “I hope we’re all there, man,” he says. “It’s something to look forward to.”

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2020 22:07

Topi
StubHub won't actually refund you. They will only give you a 120% StubHub credit in the case of a cancellation.

[www.mlive.com]

Vivid Seats who I ended up picking up a ticket from for SD, automatically opts you into their 110% voucher program if you don't contact them requesting a refund within 7 days. Contacted them, refund in route.. whew.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 19, 2020 20:07

here is link to laws saying should get cash refund
[www.pollstar.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-19 20:07 by artedm.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 20, 2020 04:53

angee
I read on my phone that people with SD tickets will get first crack at tickets at a new venue, when it is announced.
(Sorry no link, at present.)

Damn, I got refunds on almost everything but my lucky dips. Hopefully that's what I get first crack at (aside from the fact that I say this tour never happens).

Date: September 20, 2020 10:46

That depends whether they include Lucky Dips in that "pre-sale" angee (and the Ticketmaster e-mail) mentioned. I wouldn't necessarily bet on that, because usually Lucky Dips are never part of any presale.

Here's what the Ticketmaster e-mail said:

Great, how do I secure new tickets?

As a current ticket holder, you will be given priority presale access for the new show.

Be on the lookout for a separate email from us once details become available.

So this is what I think they will do if there is a new venue and date:

1) arrange a priority pre-sale for those who had bought San Diego tickets
2) arrange the usual Amex, social media etc. pre-sales
3) then the general on-sale, of which Lucky Dips will be a part of

Just my hunch, of course.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-20 11:11 by Topi.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: September 20, 2020 13:51

The new Los Angeles stadium would be doubly difficult to do during NFL season because two teams play there. The only way the stadium would be empty for more than a week would be if both teams were at home the same week with one playing on Sunday and the other playing on Thursday or Monday and then both teams on the road some other week.

So, if they do try Los Angeles for next fall, the Rose Bowl or Coliseum would be more likely.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 20, 2020 17:42

tonyc
The new Los Angeles stadium would be doubly difficult to do during NFL season because two teams play there. The only way the stadium would be empty for more than a week would be if both teams were at home the same week with one playing on Sunday and the other playing on Thursday or Monday and then both teams on the road some other week.

So, if they do try Los Angeles for next fall, the Rose Bowl or Coliseum would be more likely.

Every team also has a bye week, that opens up opportunities.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 20, 2020 20:52

tonyc

The Stones can play any Wed, Thursday, or Friday.....Its not a problem. The equipment and assembly starts two days before the show and takes less than 24 hours too leave.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-20 22:27 by Cooltoplady.

Date: September 20, 2020 23:55

kovach
tonyc

Every team also has a bye week, that opens up opportunities.

True. Good point.

Date: September 20, 2020 23:58

Cooltoplady
tonyc

The Stones can play any Wed, Thursday, or Friday.....Its not a problem. The equipment and assembly starts two days before the show and takes less than 24 hours too leave.

I guess so. But, not sure if the NFL would want to risk any possible damage to the field issue with no time to fix it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2020 00:22

tonyc
Cooltoplady
tonyc

I guess so. But, not sure if the NFL would want to risk any possible damage to the field issue with no time to fix it.

Damage to the field?
Most of the NFL stadiums use artificial turf - even those with natural grass are all covered for protection.
Plus, with most fans being senior citizens (or close to it), how much damage could possibly be done?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-21 00:24 by Hairball.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: October 5, 2020 21:30

Seems like it is taking Stubhub a long time to declare the canceled San Diego show as being canceling and to start issuing credits and refunds. Does anyone have any experienced trying to get credits or money from Stubhub for this show? The San Diego show has been canceled for a while now. (I think at least two weeks, maybe three).

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 5, 2020 23:41

OhYesMeAgain
Seems like it is taking Stubhub a long time to declare the canceled San Diego show as being canceling and to start issuing credits and refunds. Does anyone have any experienced trying to get credits or money from Stubhub for this show? The San Diego show has been canceled for a while now. (I think at least two weeks, maybe three).

Still waiting on ticketbastard too.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 6, 2020 02:38

OhYesMeAgain

Stubhub also has a skeleton crew and no cash flow.

Sometimes months after the official cancellation, they will declare the event cancelled and take the money back from the seller though this kind of lag is less common and lower profile events.

We had to cancel this sale because the event was deemed canceled

Event Deemed Cancelled - Order #xxxxxxxxxx -

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for selling your tickets on StubHub. Unfortunately, because the event was deemed canceled, your StubHub sale is also canceled.

If you've already been paid for your sale, we'll be processing a charge to recoup the amount you received. If the charge doesn't go through, we'll place a credit memo on your account, which we'll deduct from any future sale payments.

Charge amount: $0

If you were not yet paid for your sale, your payment will be withheld and no charge will be processed.

Need your tickets back? Check out our Help Center

Canceled Sale
Your name: xxxxxxx
Your StubHub order number: #xxxxxxxxx
Thanks for using StubHub.

Date: October 6, 2020 03:25

fwiw- Vivid Seats refunded the SD show for me within a week of cancellation.
Offered me a couple opportunities to take extra credit in lieu of a refund, then processed it quickly.

Date: October 6, 2020 05:30

StubHub told me it would take a while because they are so busy with so many cancellations. I think it is true that they have a very small staff now.

Date: October 7, 2020 23:50

Today I got my email from StubHub acknowledging the San Diego concert has been cancelled and automatically giving me the 120% coupon. I called and had them change that to a refund request. My account now shows “refund in progress”. They said it could take up to 120 days for the refund to process because of “high volume” and I will get an email when the refund is complete. This is progress, at least.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: October 8, 2020 02:12

I got an email today from Stubhub about San Diego and did the same thing that JadedFaded did. We'll see what happens within the next 120 days.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 25, 2020 20:54

Hypothetical question...

Would The Rolling Stones do a Canadian tour? I've seen other bands do it in smaller venues the last few years...

With Canada being very reluctant to open the border with the US, rescheduling No Filter 2020 shows as they stand would not be possible, but would a Canadian leg and then a US leg later be an option?

Vancouver
Edmonton
Regina
Winnipeg
Toronto proper
Ottawa
Montreal
Quebec City
Moncton
Halifax

10 or 11 gigs sounds feasible, with the stretched schedule between shows already the norm.

Talk of the NHL going with a Canadian division for the upcoming season got me thinking about this option. I do realize the timetable for any shows is far in the future, but fans in smaller numbers with all the current protocols in place are being allowed back into many sporting events.

Opinions, please...thumbs upthumbs downsmileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2020 22:10

Best case The Rolling Stones could tour 2022, i.e. in 1-2 years time.

If there is a vaccine approved by the end of the year, it will take 6-9 months to get it out to millions of people across the world. May be the virus will be under control in a year or so, but as long as people think this is just another flu, then there will be no tour, and we will still see record number of positive covid-19 cases.

USA just recorded the highest ever number of corona cases two days ago, and Canada do also have the highest numbers ever. We are seven months into the corona pandemic, and so many are still in the denial phase. That is why we have to live with the virus, and that is why there will be no large crowds anywhere, except for those who do not follow any guidelines from health authorities.

May be some could do a tour of New Zealand, the only country in the planet virtually corona free, but it is not really something The Rolling Stones would do.

The Rolling Stones have band and crew members from UK, USA and from several places. They need weeks to rehearse and they need safe places to work. Most of the world will be in some sort of lock down this winter, the graphics below are telling the story. The second wave is coming now, because people are tired of washing their hands and keeping a distance and wearing masks.

Stones Tour? May be 2022. Certainly not before that.

Bjornulf

Date: October 25, 2020 22:33

TKinOH
Hypothetical question...

Would The Rolling Stones do a Canadian tour? I've seen other bands do it in smaller venues the last few years...

With Canada being very reluctant to open the border with the US, rescheduling No Filter 2020 shows as they stand would not be possible, but would a Canadian leg and then a US leg later be an option?

10 or 11 gigs sounds feasible, with the stretched schedule between shows already the norm.

Talk of the NHL going with a Canadian division for the upcoming season got me thinking about this option. I do realize the timetable for any shows is far in the future, but fans in smaller numbers with all the current protocols in place are being allowed back into many sporting events.

Thought this may be a viable option early in the pandemic, but with corona cases increasing across Canada as of late, no way.

Nothing in the way of a tour is happening until a vaccine is developed, along with mass distribution.
The good news is that is looking more and more likely perhaps as early as the spring. A rescheduled tour for next summer is likely imo.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 25, 2020 22:41

TKinOH
Hypothetical question...

Vancouver
Edmonton
Regina
Winnipeg
Toronto proper
Ottawa
Montreal
Quebec City
Moncton
Halifax

We won't be having any major bands touring for a while. With social distancing, instead of 50000 in BC Place in Vancouver they can draw maybe 8 or 9 thousand with proper social distancing?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 25, 2020 22:44

I had a ticket for a Guns N Roses show in London that was supposed to take place this past summer.Obviously the show was postponed then rescheduled to June 2021 but I already took the refund because I know that show will not go ahead.

It is sad but the reality is there won’t be any big tours next summer and personally I’ve got zero interest in attending any show where people have to be spaced apart I will wait until it is time to be in the pit again.

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home