Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Miss You - alt version
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 20, 2005 15:48

Some time before Stripped was released i heard on the radio an acoustic version of Miss You. The recording sounded modern, very much like the new take of spider and the fly.

My first thought was that the new album (Stripped) would be a studio/live remake of stones classics, in the fashion of the MTV unplugged.

Eventually nothing alike appeard on Stripped and related singles.

At the time there was another alternate version circulating, which was on the soundtrack of a stupid movie (can't remember the name), but that was not the acoustic version I heard.

Was I completely drunk?

Did I dream about it?

Does it exist?

C

p.s. Something similar happened years before, when I heard on a radio a stereo version of satisfaction. That was before the internet existed. I looked for that version everywhere, but nothing. I even considered going to a doctor to have my ears controlled. Eventually I lost interest. Some time ago someone posted here on IORR that actually a stereo version of satisfaction was released somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Re: Miss You - alt version
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 20, 2005 16:04

>Did I dream about it?

thats one reasonable excuse

>Does it exist?

nope

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 20, 2005 16:11

At the time there was another alternate version circulating, which was on the soundtrack of a stupid movie (can't remember the name), but that was not the acoustic version I heard.

liddas.....sure your not confusing with Honest I Do which was recut in Japan 1995 and appears on Hope Floats soundtrack.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 20, 2005 16:27

OK, I found the stupid movie. That was austin powers and the alternate version of Miss you was the Dr. Dre remix.

I never heard the new version of Honest I Do (why is it not on rarities?), but I am sure I would never confuse miss you with honest i do.

What I can remember is that for the following months I downloaded every possible miss you that was available on Win MX (evidence still in my old PC hard drive). There must have been a reason for that!

It's only Vodka and roll?

C

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 20, 2005 17:12

liddas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never heard the new version of Honest I Do (why
> is it not on rarities?)

LOL !!!! That is a really good question that I have asked myself many times since I first saw the "Rarities" tracklist! And, by the way, this new Honest I Do version never appeared on any Stones records, not even as a single b-side. But they (who? the Stones? Virgin?) chose to include Wild Horses from the Stripped album or Mannish Boy from Love You Live instead - although there is a (small?) possibility that the version of Mannish Boy is actually a live take recorded during the Licks tour. But this may well be wishful thinking.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-20 17:17 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 20, 2005 20:18

"Honest I Do" is on the "Stripped Comapnion" boot. I think the boot is better than the official "Stripped" and I think many others share this opinion.

Date: October 20, 2005 20:28

Last year around this time I heard a live version of It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) on the radio which definitely was an official sounding modern version but,didn't sound like the Live Licks or even the Toronto version.I actually taped the last 20 seconds of it.Anyone know what this could be?A Four Flicks audio rip maybe?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home