Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

L.A.Forum 75
Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:00

Some say it's great
Some say it's infamous.

Re: L.A.Forum 75
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:25

I have "Rockin the Forum" from the June 15 show. Good show, the guitar section is on. This boot has some tape-speed problems that ruins a couple of songs. Is/are there better boots from this string of shows?

Karl

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:28

KSIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have "Rockin the Forum" from the June 15 show.
> Good show, the guitar section is on. This boot
> has some tape-speed problems that ruins a couple
> of songs. Is/are there better boots from this
> string of shows?
>
> Karl

Karl...have you heard "L.A. Friday Night"?....excellent audience recording & performance from one of the '75 l.a. shows...june 13 me thinks

Date: October 19, 2005 18:34

Thanks Leonard, have not heard it, will look for.

Karl

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:43

rockin' the forum is from June 11 (Friday)and is the only line (video-sourced) recording from the LA run. LA Friday is actually from the June 13 (Sunday) show. There are great audience sources from all five LA 75 shows.

The Stones played SF's Cow Palace on June 15 & 16 - good aud sources circulate from both as well.

Date: October 19, 2005 19:01

Actually StonesTod we're both wrong, the LA run was July 9-13 and then San Francisco July 15-16. And as you say, the show on the 11th was filmed.

Karl

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 19, 2005 19:04

i just bought la blues. haven't received it yet. is that the same show, different name. it's from 1975.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 19, 2005 19:07

J.J.Flash Wrote:
> i just bought la blues. haven't received it yet.
> is that the same show, different name. it's from
> 1975.

thats the one JJ flash....good quality and sound

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: October 19, 2005 19:07

I think it's great. Far better than the Paris concerts a year later. In 1976 Mick looked outstanding, but the performance is lame.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 19, 2005 19:08

COOL!

Date: October 19, 2005 20:20

The audience recording with "who went to church this sunday" is probably my fave boot from 75 and one of my top 10 stones boots ever. The video from LA 75 is a different show and while i enjoy it, keith seems REALLY @#$%& up (watch Happy and see how jagger is standing by to fill in the vocals and/or prop keith upright). not the best but enjoyable.

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: October 19, 2005 20:28

The Sunday LA show is to me the best Stones concert ever.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 19, 2005 21:00

BersaGurra Wrote:
> The Sunday LA show is to me the best Stones
> concert ever.

you won't get an argument from me. the 72 tour was a far better tour overall, but on that particular night (7/13/75), the boys were untouchable.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: October 19, 2005 23:34

i hav a radio show were Bianca Jagger says the friday 7- 11 -75 show was the greatest stones concert ever ,,this show aired in 76 i think or 77,, the 7-9-75 show is on rocks off tracker now

Posted by: artur34 ()
Date: October 20, 2005 03:19

BersaGurra Wrote:
> The Sunday LA show is to me the best Stones
> concert ever.

are you serious?

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 20, 2005 03:21

Love the Sunday Tumbling Dice with the banter beforehand...

Posted by: RedRooster ()
Date: October 20, 2005 04:50

I'm not sure which show it's from,but the vinyl lp LA Friday has the best version of You Can't Always Get... I've ever heard by far! Killer guitars.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: October 20, 2005 05:20

The killer songs from Sunday is IYCRM/Cloud, ATPTB and SFTD.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: October 20, 2005 09:39

I've never seen so much misinformation discussed or reviewed as the 5 night stand at the LA Forum in July 1975....at least one book has the facts/setlists correct but every single bootleg I have ever seen has mistakes in one form or another...the only thing I am 100% sure of what the band wore on stage for the last 2 nights, sat/sun July 12 & 13...bootlegs that claim to be the friday night show have photos from the sunday night show & vice versa...Mick wore PINK on saturday & BLACK on sunday...I was there & have hundreds of photos from these shows...the setlist was identical both nights & I believe the same for all 5....I have a photo book available to any interested fans if you are in SF next month...I hope to be in Seattle & Portland also....Peter Stupar.....pstupar@aol.com....415-558-8528

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: October 20, 2005 11:05

Where can I download the 7/13/75 show?

can somebody help me getting it?

thx

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: October 20, 2005 11:45

There certainly is a mess trying to unravel which show is which. I think the video is part of two different shows for starters. The Empress Valley release "Whores Cocaine and a Bottle of Jack" had some ID problems, and they took the Millard tapes as supplied and substituted parts from other sources. The Lost Millard Masters, therefore have different ID's.

All five shows have the identical set list and that doesn't help either.

In my opinion the soundboards are not very good quality, and the best show to listen to is the great audience recording of the opening night show from July 9. This was part of the Empress Valley release, and also released earlier by Tarantua.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home