Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why I love the Rolling Stones
Date: October 19, 2005 17:58

They rocked through the Sixties, they sucked in the Seventies, they went dormant in the Eighties, and they came back in the Nineties. What's left to do for the Rolling Stones? We still want them, so they're still playing for us. Why do we still want them?
Their longtime keyboard player Chuck Leavell, from his outsider on the inside view, says its due to shared nostalgia. The audience wants to re-live its youth. I say we love them because they're so durable, tough, and honest. Even while they face death they keep doing the only thing they know how to do. We don't see much toughness and honesty these days. We sense it in them. And we know they are in the last years of their long great run as a band. So we pay the money and enjoy the shows, to directly experience some part of this unique band.
Mick, he's going to amaze you with his energy and showmanship. Ronnie will come through for you and you know he's fighting to do his best. Charlie will look you straight in the eye and play the rhythm that comes from deep in the ground. Keith, he'll play what he does every day, just doing it in front of 20,000 people, playing his music as it comes to him, his songs that he's given us over the last 40 years. I'm glad I'm going to see them Friday night in Charlotte.
thanks! DR

Re: Why I love the Rolling Stones
Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:02

SUCKED in the 70's?????

SF,EOMS,GHS!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:05

It's nice to read something positive about my favorite band in the entire world. The Rolling Stones have brought complete joy to my life since I was 12. I've loved them ever since. Their music is good for my soul. GOD Bless the Rolling Stones. Can't wait to see them in Charlotte Friday either. Just incase someone from the Stones camp reads this., I sure would totaly love to hear Crazy Mamma and Driving too fast. Dead Flowers too while I'm wishing. Later y'all, Susan

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:07

nice post Dillard....they are "compelling as hell"....sometimes i stray from them, but i always come back...they're like a member of the family...a lifelong experience....they continue to give & give & give...and if somebody doesnt like the 2005 stones they can always dig into the gold-mine of their archives with its rich history...theyre a cornerstone of modern culture in the 20th/21st century...best wishes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-19 18:10 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:19

yeah: hear it for a thousand miles!
that handful of skinny English cats gave themselves to the music they love,
and keep passing it on and never lose heart. that's power & glory,
and we are blessed to be the witnesses.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: October 19, 2005 18:31

In some sense it's true that we, and that's a big "MAYBE", want to relive our youthfull years. In the same time there's another reason for loving the Stones
and say it again one more time, as I did many times before.

They're legends, they're better than anyone else doing what they do.
They have the urge to take a trip around the globe and entertain us all.
Ok so you might say, "they're only in it for money"! Might be so but then again
what boring way to get some millions of dollars, playing the same old songs again.

No, I happen to think that they just love to do this and the money is not the primary reason for touring.

The awful truth is that Keith couldn't work in a bank, Charlie can't play the drums at home, it's too noisy for the family. Ron wouldn't know what to do with all his spare time and Mick just love to wiggle his but in front of Charlie!

So what can rich boy do except to sing in a rock and roll band cause in sleepy London town there's just no place for "Street fighting man"

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: gregsmart79 ()
Date: October 19, 2005 19:06

barcelona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SUCKED in the 70's?????
>
> SF,EOMS,GHS!!!!!!!!!

Not forgetting Some Girls...

Date: October 19, 2005 19:21

I was referring to the album title 'sucking in the 70's '...I sure don't think EOMS, SF suck. I think most of those songs were written in '69 though...and GHS is one of my favorites.
"share your thoughts, there's nothing you can hide"
I love Some Girls too.
thanks, DR

Date: October 19, 2005 19:22

gregsmart79 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> barcelona Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > SUCKED in the 70's?????
> >
> > SF,EOMS,GHS!!!!!!!!!
>
>
> Not forgetting Some Girls...

But SOME GIRLS tried to suck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home