Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Earplugs
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 18, 2005 23:31

Just wondering if any of the band members wear earplugs. I think I read once that Keith doesn't....I wodner what his hearing must be like.

Re: Earplugs
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 18, 2005 23:39

huh?what? oh, it's great to be here. it's great to be anywhere.

Posted by: tomcat ()
Date: October 19, 2005 00:24

This is an excellent question and one I have often considered. It would make sense that all of the members have some hearing loss after 40 plus years of performing at high volumes. Mick wears in ear monitors which can help keep the volume lower and providing him with him own mix, i.e. more vocal, less quitar. This helps him maintain his pitch and not try and sing above the band. I use in ears and they have definately helped to preserve my hearing, however, they have a tendency to isolate you from the room. They are an acquired taste and many players, particularly old school rockers, will have very little to do with them. I have a feeling Keith is one of those and would really like to know what it sounds like for all of the players on stage. In many cases, the musicians get the worst sound in the house.

Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie must surely have some significant damage to their hearing.

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: October 19, 2005 00:32

Tomcat, is there a plug you recommend for concert goers? I'd rather not use the ones my wife gives me from the airlines; completely blocking out the sound quality...Thanks.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 19, 2005 02:17

I've been looking into some of those musician plugs...

Posted by: tomcat ()
Date: October 19, 2005 02:51

jazzman,

Yes, there are plugs that you can purchase that will reduce the decibel level without completely blocking off the sound. They come in a variety of sizes and reduction levels. Check out yo local music store. My in ears are more for musicians playing on stage. They are a Shure psm 600, with E-5 ear buds.

Check out the link below for musicians plugs

[precisionweb.com]

Posted by: Jazzman5 ()
Date: October 19, 2005 03:29

Thanks for the info. I've checked the web site, and of course, have a question. Which one do you recommend for a concert? My issue is I've been to 70+ Stones shows, too many Black Crowes shows, and 200 other shows and have tinnitus. I don't want (nor my wife) my ailment get worse; I've been to many shows following the issue but with crappy plugs that I just take out smiling smiley

Thanks.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 19, 2005 08:23

Believe it or not, I always had good results using Silly Putty.
You can stretch it and fit it to your own specifications.
Not scientific, but it seemed to be more comfortable for me
than other earplugs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home