Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Ticket King Zach Niles & Lakou Mizik
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 30, 2019 15:55

Dear All, Many of you know Zach Niles and have relied on his tireless efforts to make sure you all get what you need. Zach is a super generous and kind man and manages a Haitian band in his spare time!

The band, Lakou Mizik, have a mission to use the healing spirit of music to communicate a message of pride, strength, and hope for their country. Zach is far too humble to ask for help but literally any amount would make a transformational difference to the bands ability to tour.

Many of you ask what you can do for Zach... I can assure you the man has seen enough cup cakes, beer, wine, cookies, sweets etc... from every country of the world. What would mean everything to him is raising money for his passion in supporting Lakou Mizik!

Please join me in donating whatever you can to show your appreciation for Zach.

Just follow the link below to learn more about Lakou Mizik and donate. Thank you!

Lakou Mizik - Touring Fund link

Re: Rolling Stones Ticket King Zach Niles & Lakou Mizik
Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: September 30, 2019 20:25

Matt:

I knew he had a band he managed and did not know how to help. Thanks for posting the link.

You're right, he is a good person and we like many others thank him for what he does for all of us.

Take care.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: October 1, 2019 11:12

Donation done.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 1, 2019 13:51

Matt

As a non-native English speaker I do not understand the meaning of "Rolling Stones Ticket" incorporated in the thread title.

d.f

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: October 1, 2019 14:16

As a native English speaker I do not understand the meaning of "Rolling Stones Ticket" either!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 1, 2019 15:10

For those that know Zach, he is the “Rolling Stones Ticket King”, Zach runs the bands VIP ticketing and many here have relied on his hard work and dedication.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 1, 2019 16:05

I see, thanks Matt.

d.f

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: October 2, 2019 13:38

This is a hugely worthy cause. I’ve only met Zach once and he helped me out. Very happy to return the favour and support this and I encourage everyone to do the same.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: October 2, 2019 20:39

Should be sticky for some time.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 2, 2019 22:09

I do strongly support the comments by Matt.

First of all Zach Niles work hard managing the Rolling Stones ticket office operations, assisting celebrities, rock stars, and fans who travel.

Secondly Hatitians have had tough times, more than any of us, with the earthquake 2010, and more recently hurricane Dorian taking a terrible toll at The Mudd, built by thousands of Haitian immigrants over decades in Marsh Harbour Abaco Bahamas, and more.

Lakou Mizik deserve to be able to present their music to the outside world, and I hope to be able to see them live one day.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 2, 2019 23:28

I have met Zach several times he has always been super generous and extremely helpful.
We are extremely fortunate to be able to travel around the world visiting great cities to see the Stones perform live.
Many of us here will have benefited from the generosity and kind nature of Zach so I am more than happy to donate to such a great cause bringing music to people around the world is indeed a great thing.

I would encourage anyone who can to give a little to such a great cause.

Nate

Posted by: Mhyneso ()
Date: October 2, 2019 23:39

Helping Zach is really helping this group of musicians get a chance to play the US and make a living.. Its helping and the Music that counts. Im happy to donate mj

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 3, 2019 17:04

Just curious how everyone seems to know Zach. I am someone who has travelled extensively to see the Stones over many years and have never heard of or met him. He sounds like a wonderful fellow so I fully support the outpouring here. Maybe because I have never purchased the VIP package and I am not a celebrity or rock star?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: October 3, 2019 17:10

Lakou Mizik is awesome.

see them if you get a chance....very unique, energetic.

kinda like reggae, kinda like salsa, kinda like jazz....really good....very unique.

see 'em if they come to your town....

[lakoumizik.com]

Date: October 3, 2019 18:46

Zach is a great guy and very important for many Stones fans on Tour. Our lifes on tour with the Stones would be more difficult without Zach's work and effort. Donation done and all the best to Zach. Hope to see this good guy again soon and I hope to see all fans on tour again soon.

ps.: sorry my very poor English.

Regards!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-03 18:47 by andrestonesplanet.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 4, 2019 07:09

Hey yeah I know Zach … he's a fine gentleman …
Helped me out a number of times …… glad ta contribute …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 4, 2019 14:31

Agree with all the positive comments about Zach, who is always welcoming and certainly a kind gentleman known to do what he can to help out fans. It's great to hear that he's working to bring Lakou Mizik to a wider audience. I'm happy to support the cause and hope that some of us will have the fortune to hear them live one day. Looking forward eventually to some progress updates on their touring plans.

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: October 9, 2019 09:39

Can donation be made without paypal account? The link has the card option but when I fill the details it seems that the only option for Agree and Continue button is to also fill the New paypall account details on the same page because they are red and the system doesn't allow to proceed.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2019 09:49

Djuro .. Probably best to go to
one of their shows and hand them the 10 grand in cash …. hhhhaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: October 9, 2019 19:31

Djuro

I was able to use a credit card earlier, you might try again later.

Date: October 9, 2019 22:19

Are you from US?

Date: October 10, 2019 02:15

Djuro:

Yes, I am.

Good luck.

Date: October 10, 2019 14:01

That is the point, when changing to some country the website automatically changes to view which shows creating of new account as obligatory because it only allows to continue if you check New account box.
Thanks anyway. If someone figured it out, let me know.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 14, 2019 12:51

mattleeuk
For those that know Zach, he is the “Rolling Stones Ticket King”,
Zach runs the bands VIP ticketing and many here have relied on his
hard work and dedication

Interesting theory. There´s a parallel society in here and out there.
For my shows I had to pay, queue, bid, wait, sweat and hope. For others
it seems to be easier.

I think that those who have relied on his hard work and dedication
should help him out.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 14, 2019 13:56

TooTough
mattleeuk
hard work and dedication

it seems to be easier.

should help him out.

Life is tough for some of you...

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 04:36

If you want to use a credit card, click the "Pay using Paypal" button, you need to either have an account, or create one. If you're creating a new account, you will have to go through the secure process where they make two small deposits into your bank account, i.e. $0.23, and you verify the amounts. If you have Paypal, log in and then you have the option to add another source, like a credit card.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 04:40

JumpinJeppeFlash
TooTough
mattleeuk
hard work and dedication

it seems to be easier.

should help him out.

Life is tough for some of you...

There is a "secret society" that some here are members of. That being said, just because you have access to these resources, doesn't mean you don't end up still paying your own way. Sometimes it just acts as a placeholder in line, and when you get to the box office, you still pay. It just allows you to not have to "line up". A lot of people here who follow the band from city to city and country to country, do so at great expense to themselves.

By the way, there will be something in a near-future edition of Goldmine Magazine that will delve into this subject...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-21 11:10 by bv.

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: October 25, 2019 16:52

New Video “Iko Kreyòl” Celebrates Cultural Connections Between New Orleans and Haiti

PREMIERE: Lakou Mizik + 79rs Gang Join Win Butler, Régine Chassagne, & Pres Hall Jazz Band for “Iko Kreyòl”
Filmed in New Orleans and Haiti, the video celebrates the disparate locations’ cultural connection in advance of the Krewe du Kanaval festival.
October 21st 2019
by Kim March
“Iko Kreyòl” is a joyful commemoration of the historical, cultural, and spiritual connections between the people and music of New Orleans and Haiti, and features a smorgasbord of talent: Haitian roots revival band Lakou Mizik, Mardi Gras Indian band 79rs Gang, and Win Butler & Régine Chassagne of Arcade Fire. The song’s title, “Iko Kreyòl,” is a reclamation of the New Orleans classic “Iko Iko,” a standard Mardi Gras chant thought by historians to have descended from Haitian folklore.
The track was originally recorded for Lakou Mizik’s forthcoming album HaitiaNola (out October 25 via Cumbancha), which promises guest appearances by Trombone Shorty, Tank from Tank & The Bangas, Jon Cleary, Cyril Neville, Leyla McCalla, The Soul Rebels, Lost Bayou Ramblers, 79rs Gang, Raja Kassis (Antibalas), King James, Anders Osborne, and other veterans of the New Orleans music scene.
But the video version of the tune premiering today was reworked by DJ Windows 98 (a.k.a. Win Butler), and both the video and remix mark a collaboration with Krewe du Kanaval, a non-profit founded by Win, Régine, and Preservation Hall Jazz Band that serves unmet social and cultural needs of New Orleans and Haiti.
Directed by Julia Simpson and filmed during the 2019 Krewe du Kanaval festivities in the Big Easy with some additional shooting in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, the visual captures a party parade through the streets, with citizens of both the country and city dancing and clapping exuberantly. Bright colors abound in traditional garb; swirling skirts, an elaborate skeleton mask, and the Pres Hall Jazz Band’s signature hot pink suits all make an appearance.
Lakou Mizik’s HaitiaNola is out October 25; pre-order it here. The next Krewe du Kanaval is set to take place over Valentine’s Day weekend during Mardi Gras, February 14 and 15, 2020 in New Orleans; get more information about that here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home