Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dan Armstrong Ampeg Guitar...
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 17, 2005 13:47

Just got the MSG DVD from September 2005, and Noticed that Keith is playing the clear plexiglass, Dan Armstrong Ampeg guitar on Bitch. Has anyone else seen Keith Playing this guitar since 1971? Thats the last time I have seen it on stage. Ronnie had it in his guitar arsenal at the Orpheum show in Boston, 2002, but never actually played it onstage...

Thanks for any info,

JR

Re: Dan Armstrong Ampeg Guitar...
Posted by: bruno ()
Date: October 17, 2005 14:00

This question appeared a few days ago on a thread about guitars and somebody even posted a pic with Keef playing it in San Francisco on the 72 Tour. It was a surprise for me, too!

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Date: October 17, 2005 14:03

Is it from the FF-concert? I didn't recognize it...

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 17, 2005 14:04

I think his original was stolen. Then he bought new ones but he didn't like them. I guess he started to like them now.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 17, 2005 14:04

here's that 72 photo that ChrisM posted:
[iorr.org]

Mathijs had also explained that after Keith's first two (prototype) Ampeg Dan Armstrongs were stolen,
he got two new ones for the 72 tour, but didn't like them:
[iorr.org]

edit: nice timing, Reptile ... :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-17 14:07 by with sssoul.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 17, 2005 14:11

Thats a great 1972 shot! Wyman is playing the Bass version as well....

A friend of mine gave Keith a vintage (late 60s one) at SF during Voodoo Lounge tour.

I wonder if this is the one...

JR

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: October 17, 2005 14:16

About guitar arsenals, has anybody ever tried to list all guitars used by the Stones since, let's say, 1969?? It would be nice having such a list. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ronnie's list was longer than Keith's, seeing some weird guitars he shows nowadays. Mathijs was doing a great research about this subject (the guitars used by the Stones), he maybe has something similar... Mathijs, where are you?

BTW, does anybody know what guitar is this one featured on this RO board header?? [novogate.com] It's not a Zemaitis.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: cc ()
Date: October 17, 2005 19:35

I think that might be a Burns, or Burns-Baldwin, which I learned recently are being reissued, not sure by whom.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 17, 2005 19:40

Stone-Relics, I think you are talking a about our mutual friend Dave W! When he told me the story about giving the guitar to Keith I was very excited and slightly envious that I wasn't there! I seem to remember him telling me that Keith played bits of SFD on it. Have you told him that Keith is using perhaps the very same guitar?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home