Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
OUT OF CONTROL DRINKING AT SHOWS!
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 17, 2005 02:18

Does anyone else find it very disturbing to be sitting down, waiting for the show to start and every ten seconds someone is crawling over you, going for a beer, returning with a beer, going to piss because they drank too much beer? Is the booze the draw? At $450 a wack, and $8.00 per CUP of beer, do these alcoholics pull their cash off trees? That's just an aside! The point is, why get so messed up and out of control at such an incredible event? I've had 3 cups of beer dumped on me already this tour and I really do NOT appreciate it, actually I'd love to toss a beer back on the drunken fool because there are few things worse than sitting in wet clothes for the duration of a concert, especially when I paid so much to enjoy MY CONCERT! How is it enjoyable to get wasted to the point of staggering when the STONES ARE IN FRONT OF YOU? At least the security guards dragged these fools out by the dozens at the shows I saw. These same wachos are the ones that stand on chairs, fall on top of you, and crowd you out of your seat! Ok, just wondering if it's my age that makes me less tolerant. Us over 40 females like to go to see the Stones, and hear the Stones and not watch out for drunks disturbing the experience.

Re: OUT OF CONTROL DRINKING AT SHOWS!
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 17, 2005 02:26

Debra! I got water dumped on me at Wembley during the last little fest in 03. This is the chance you take going to the shows. Only thing is with local laws changing, these people are legally drunk and probably get charged for it.

Oh, the water that got dumped on me was by Mick.....so that's ok........shat

Posted by: stuart ()
Date: October 17, 2005 02:48

I myself am bewildered at people who get half if not completely drunk at rolling stones concerts. At a concert not like ago in front and to my side the alcohol was flowing and it was obvious but last night in Atlanta not the case. At least where I was.

I refrain from drinking at stones concerts in part because i dont want to have to miss part of the show to go piss. Especially given the price i'm paying for ticket. Hahaaa. I mean the concert is a couple hours and I want to enjoy every moment and not spend anytime (particularly 10-15 minutes leaving seat, going to bathroom, returning to seat, etc.

I personally want to savor the two hours with stones. Can always drink later.

Stuart

Posted by: 2000 LIGHT ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:02

this is somethig i dont get.

i dont understand people leaving the show for a beer
several times.

it last only two hours...

Debra if i had guys next to me like you had ,i would
have turn into a murderer.

I dont understand why in certain country,like in the states,
when people drink they do it until they out of space.
i mean in public places.

one guy used to say, when i see thing like this, alcohol
should be forbinen and joint should be an obligation

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:03

Stuart, dancing two hours with the Stones is the most healthiest "drink" and the most healthiest "drug", too!

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:14

Precisely why I don't go to shows anymore. Too many idiots who can't hold their liquor. And to all you Europeans on the board( I am from Toronto) ...you are right. North Americans drink until they can't stand up. Pathetic.

Posted by: stuart ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:15

"Stuart, dancing two hours with the Stones is the most healthiest "drink" and the most healthiest "drug", too!"

I concur!!!!

Posted by: 2000 LIGHT ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:29

you can do whatever you want as long as you respect the people around
you
They come to enjoyed the show.dance and have a good time.

Not to be stressed by suckers.

as long as you hold alcohol it s fine. If you dont ...
then dont drink or go to the pub.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: October 17, 2005 03:30

How about mixing alcohol with LSD? I remember seeing the Jerry Garcia Band at the Warfield in 1994 and this creep just pushed his way in front of me. As sad I am that Jerry is no longer alive and making music, the scene for his JGB in San Francisco just nose-dived at that point for me. His acoustic shows with Grisman however were much different. I think he knew that too... I agree that I can't stand people who go to shows just to get messed up and irritate others.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 17, 2005 04:01

stuart said

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: October 17, 2005 04:42

It's funny in a way -- in the 30-plus years I've been going to stones shows,it never fails -- someone who's had to much to drink/smoke/sniff/shoot/whatever always gets carried out before or during the opening act.

Maybe with the tic prices now that happens less.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: October 17, 2005 06:48

It seems to happen a lot more at the stadium shows....

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: October 17, 2005 08:08

I agree that it is very annoying if somebody is drunk just besides you and it kind piss you off to hear the dozing and shouting person who doesn't even know anymore that the Stones are up front.
But what about those people playing all the time with their cell phones, ordering pizzas becasue they might starve on the way home and behave like they only in it because it's CHIC to see the boys.
I think the whole concert going siutation changed quite a bit over the years.
Very often the audience lacks the excitment of the show being to busy with other things around them. And for me it's also a matter of a spoiled generation which we (the old ones) educate by now. However that's what we wanted didn't we????

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 17, 2005 08:17

u better f-ing leave us f-ng drunks alone man! we can f-ing drink wherever and however much we f-ing want man!

that was my impersonation of a drunk at a stones show. he'll wake up tomorrow and not remember a thing from the show and why he's out 450 bucks for nothing!

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: October 17, 2005 08:47

Yes, it is very annoying to those of us who don't drink at shows. I get sick of having to contort myself every few minutes just so those clowns can squeeze by without sloshing half their beer on me.

Once I actually saw someone so drunk at a Jimmy Page / Black Crowes show that he actually slept through the entire main act. After awhile I wondered if he was even still alive as I could not see anyone sleeping through that much noise.

Posted by: Space ()
Date: October 17, 2005 09:44

At the same time I get annoyed with the people who sit throughout the whole show thinking that they are at a play- And then they give you a pist off looks because you are dancing and blocking their view- I mean come on its the stones!!! How can you sit during satisfaction!!!

Talkin bout the....

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 17, 2005 10:17

I don't drink at shows. But I always get atleast 5 dollars worth of beer thrown over me.

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: October 17, 2005 10:24

what kind of discussion is this, IORR! Nevermind what people drink/smoke/sniff/whatever as long as they don't bother other people, but this counts for all situations in life, not only concerts...
Me myself rather enjoy a concert with a beer in my hand instead of none...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 17, 2005 10:58

I think it's cool to get elegantly wasted at shows. But agreed: I can be too much. In Denmark people are allowed to buy 5 or 6 pints at the same time. That's a bit too much IMO

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 17, 2005 11:08

At least you should thabk your lucky stars that it's beer that lands on you. you know you hate that feeling when a plastic pot lands on you and the contents are warm, you know it a pint pot of piss.

can't complain though, I do it myself. Aah, the good old days of Donnigton, haven't really had a good time unless you get at least one tour shirt smelling of piss!

Rock On!!!

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: October 17, 2005 11:35

seems like a hot topic, but different attitudes.
I have nothing against "drinking and dancing" and even smoke in my eyes. But somehow I like the dancing part more than the drinking part.
So why do you drink and drive when you can smoke and fly......?

Posted by: stonedstone ()
Date: October 17, 2005 11:44

c'mon guys...it is a damn rock n roll show!
you should be loaded with booze, and smoke ya brains out!
Don't mind a wet shirt, it'll dry if you dance hard enough smiling smiley

Rock n roll!!!!

"all the rum i want to drink it, and all the whisky too!"

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 17, 2005 11:48

stonedstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> c'mon guys...it is a damn rock n roll show!
> you should be loaded with booze, and smoke ya
> brains out!
> Don't mind a wet shirt, it'll dry if you dance
> hard enough
>
> Rock n roll!!!!

Well, if I pay 150 bucks to see a concert I'd like to actually be able to remember it the next morning.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 17, 2005 12:09

I don't care what people think either. I smoke and drink as much as I want to during a show. But I also make sure that I don't omit all over the place.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: October 17, 2005 12:43

Beer and a Stones concert is how it should be! Unfortunately the bars are way to far away from the field. Damn.

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: October 17, 2005 13:15

It annoys the hell out of me, too, Debra. I've had a few concerts momentarily ruined by inebriated twats pouring beer over some part of my anatomy or other.....

What we should do is suggest a ban on drinking beer for people not previously fitted with a catheter up their dick.
Seems strange that Mick hasn't thought of it before me, what a wonderful marketing oportunity they are missing....Think of all those beautiful catheter bags with the tongue logo printed on and a handy clip to connect to your belt at the bargain price of $39.99. Fitting would be charged at $25 extra.....I can already see their profit margins rising by at least 10% ...

Suggestions for a good name for this gadget are welcome....

Johanna

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 17, 2005 13:33

Johanna, that was a post of the day!

- Doxa

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: October 17, 2005 13:50

In Atlanta the chick in front of me was drunk....she left before the show and came back to give her BF her panties she had taken off. Then, during the show she took off her bra and in the process let both of them fall out.

I can't really complain about drinking when you get shows like that. smiling smiley

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 17, 2005 15:29

Johana, that was a riot! So glad MOST of you agree and have had similar experiences with drunks! So, what shall we do about it? To the person who said he would have turned into a MURDERER if beer was sloshed on him by 2 drunken fools, I DID tell the guards and before he reacted, another guard discovered the fools hadn't PAID for those seats behind me and they were promptly ushered out!

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: October 17, 2005 15:48

bust another bottle. Chill out lady/tattle tail/nag. It's a freakin' rocknroll show. Juiced up and sloppy. Out of Controllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-17 15:49 by lonecrapshooter.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home