Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22
Re: OT: Pink Floyd stuff
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 2, 2024 03:35

^ Great news! Thanks for posting.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 2, 2024 19:43

It'll be interesting to see what he'd pull out from Floyd.

On the last two tours, regulars were:
-Astronomy Domine
-Time/Breathe Reprise
-Comfortably Numb
-Fat Old Sun
-High Hopes
-Coming Back To Life
-Shine On You Crazy Diamond
-Wish You Were Here

On An Island and The Blue from his solo album also stuck around for the second tour.

On An Island tour was mostly new album songs and Arnold Layne, regular Breathe, Wots... Uh The Deal as semi or regulars.

Rattle That Lock tour replaced most of those new album songs with:
Money
One Of These Days
Run Like Hell
Sorrow
Great Gig in The Sky
Us and Them
What Do You Want From Me

So he's touched on a lot, and doesn't sound like he'd want to revisit the 70s heydey ones as much. Though who knows if with ticket prices promoters tell him there's certain things he can't NOT play. Curious what else he'd think hasn't had its time in the sun.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 3, 2024 18:14

A six night run at Royal Albert Hall only:

[www.loudersound.com]

Date: May 3, 2024 23:06

noughties

[www.loudersound.com]

Does specifically say only UK performances. He could come to the US I'd think.

Date: May 3, 2024 23:14

RollingFreak
noughties

[www.loudersound.com]

Does specifically say only UK performances. He could come to the US I'd think.

That’s what I was hoping. Not gonna travel overseas, but I’d travel the US to check this off the bucket list.

Sphere residency?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-03 23:18 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 3, 2024 23:49

I'd reckon he'll do a string of short residencies in major cities, like he has in the past. NYC, Chicago, LA, Toronto, and maybe Vancouver (he's never played her before but a guy can dream).

Vegas sphere would be phenomenal.

Apparently the sphere was built by a prophet, in premonition of this very album.

Date: May 4, 2024 03:46

Sphere would be really cool. I would also kinda think maybe other key cities as he has in the past, but he's also so him that it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't want to tour at all. He seems like he might not want to and just do shows in the UK. He's a tough nut to crack, cause on one hand its realistically a big enough show that it seems like so much prep for them to just do 6 nights. On the other, he's David Gilmour and doesn't NEED to do any more travel than he wants.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 9, 2024 12:55

RAH Oct.15 circle seat first row secured via Ticketmaster presale. £150.50 including fee. Can’t afford Arena or Stall (both £247.00 including fee) but I’m in.

Will enjoy the show in the gods.drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-09 13:41 by RisingStone.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 10, 2024 00:28

Will be interesting to see (hear) what he does play from Floyd - and how the audience reacts to not hearing Comfortably Numb or any other 1970s songs.

Which is very interesting that he doesn't want to play any of those. Might limit the attendance a bit, which maybe is his plan, play maybe even smaller venues, here and there, than his previous tours.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 10, 2024 14:44

General sale started today at 10AM British time. Half past 12 now and apparently all the tickets for six dates are sold out, on both RAH and Ticketmaster websites!eye popping smiley

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: May 10, 2024 15:33

he's doing SIX shows in Rome before RAH.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 10, 2024 15:54

Indeed : [www.davidgilmour.com]

" Live shows announced

Rome, Circo Massimo
27, 28, 29 September
1, 2, 3 October

First access to tickets for Italian residents
pre-ordering Luck and Strange from
the official David Gilmour Italian Album Store"

Now that can be made into a HUGE venue depending on demand, right ?

EDIT - That's if for Europe : " The above will be the only European dates "

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-10 16:50 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 10, 2024 16:52

Dave has a good following. Many think he is one of the best guitarists.

I can easily see all his shows selling out quickly especially in a smaller venue like RAH.

Date: May 13, 2024 19:46

And there he @#$%& is! Hollywood Bowl and MSG baby!

[www.brooklynvegan.com]

Tuesday, Oct 29 - Hollywood Bowl
Wednesday, Oct 30 - Hollywood Bowl
Monday, Nov 4 - MSG
Tuesday, Nov 5 - MSG

Tickets for the Madison Square Garden and Hollywood Bowl shows go on sale Friday, May 17 at 10 AM local time, with various presales beginning Wednesday, May 15 at 10 AM local.

I did say I was going to wait to see the setlist, but @#$%& it, I haven't felt that excited to see a headline in awhile. There's only so many legends left and I've never seen him and I adore that guitar sound. I hope its not an arm and a leg, but I'll pay $350 if I have to. In 20 years these legends won't be around anymore. I honestly haven't had a big concert splurge since Covid so I can justify. So excited!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-13 19:48 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: May 13, 2024 21:11

"I did say I was going to wait to see the setlist, but @#$%& it, I haven't felt that excited to see a headline in awhile. There's only so many legends left and I've never seen him and I adore that guitar sound. I hope its not an arm and a leg, but I'll pay $350 if I have to. In 20 years these legends won't be around anymore. I honestly haven't had a big concert splurge since Covid so I can justify. So excited!"

I agree with you. I was hesitant to splash on a RAH ticket but, after all, the price is the same, or even less than a pit for the Stones.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 13, 2024 21:27

BeastyBurdeny
I'd reckon he'll do a string of short residencies in major cities, like he has in the past. NYC, Chicago, LA, Toronto, and maybe Vancouver (he's never played her before but a guy can dream).

Apparently the sphere was built by a prophet, in premonition of this very album.

It would be cool for Vancouver but where would he play, especially for a residency. I don't think he's big enough to sell out Rogers Arena multiple nights. Roger Waters did 2 shows there several years ago but there were still some tickets available and he played all the big Floyd hits. I'm sure if he played the states, a sphere residency would be pretty much a given depending on venue availability.

Date: May 13, 2024 23:54

DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

It would be cool for Vancouver but where would he play, especially for a residency. I don't think he's big enough to sell out Rogers Arena multiple nights. Roger Waters did 2 shows there several years ago but there were still some tickets available and he played all the big Floyd hits. I'm sure if he played the states, a sphere residency would be pretty much a given depending on venue availability.

I was holding out hope, since he played the hockey arena in Toronto last time around--despite hearing that he prefers to play beautiful venues. Guess it'll be either Hollywood Bowl or MSG for me.

Date: May 14, 2024 00:41

BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

I was holding out hope, since he played the hockey arena in Toronto last time around--despite hearing that he prefers to play beautiful venues. Guess it'll be either Hollywood Bowl or MSG for me.

Yeah, I'm guessing these will be the only two places he plays in North America. I feel bad, I've always been spoiled that living near NY or LA I always know a band will have to come here, when so many others have to travel. And David definitely seems set in a few places and have people come to him. Last tour was LA, NY, Chicago and Toronto in North America, I'm not surprised it got cut down to just 2 this time. I was prepared for it, and thats why in all honesty I didn't even know if he'd leave Europe. Over the moon he is.

Date: May 14, 2024 01:13

RollingFreak
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

Yeah, I'm guessing these will be the only two places he plays in North America. I feel bad, I've always been spoiled that living near NY or LA I always know a band will have to come here, when so many others have to travel. And David definitely seems set in a few places and have people come to him. Last tour was LA, NY, Chicago and Toronto in North America, I'm not surprised it got cut down to just 2 this time. I was prepared for it, and thats why in all honesty I didn't even know if he'd leave Europe. Over the moon he is.

I'm just glad he's at least doing some NA shows period. He could have announce Europe + UK only and called her quits. I wonder if he's even going to play other places like South America/Australia/Etc.

Date: May 14, 2024 19:00

BeastyBurdeny
RollingFreak
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

I'm just glad he's at least doing some NA shows period. He could have announce Europe + UK only and called her quits. I wonder if he's even going to play other places like South America/Australia/Etc.

Absolutely totally agree. As opposed to guys like The Stones and Roger Waters and so many others that tour all the time, you start to take it for granted that you'll see them at SOME point. David is so much more the opposite. He's been available, but I missed him in 2006 but figured I'd catch up next time. As the years went on, I really truly thought I'd missed my chance. Then 2016 came and if I wasn't busy the weekend he played MSG I'd have been there. That time I really thought "NOW I've missed my chance." Its not gonna happen again. So the fact that almost 10 years later he actually is coming back again, so NOT what I would have expected... its a dream. I hope for other fan's sakes he plays more places, but I don't really expect it and like you say, the fact that he is playing ANYWHERE is kinda a gift. He could have totally just done Europe and I consider it a true act of generosity that he's coming to the US for 4 shows. On one hand, he so doesn't have to. On the other, as mentioned, he usually likes to do a big show so it always seems unlikely he'd do the whole production just for 6 shows in the UK. So for that reason, I figured unless he said this was stripped down, it might make its way stateside. He's right in that weird spot where he doesn't like to tour but he does such a big production that its not worth it for just 3 shows.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: May 15, 2024 14:37

I wonder how much popular David Gilmour really is now?

I mean if you wanted to attend a Roger Waters show last time there were almost suffidcient capacity for anyboody that wanted to.

But David Gilmour is another matter.

He takes it safe by offering way less tickets than the number of people wanting to attend and making it geographically difficult.

The RAH only run is somewhat a bad joke.

But I would be surprised that no 2025 late spring and summer tour with wider attending capacity will occur.

Date: May 15, 2024 17:18

I was in the queue as soon as the tickets went on sale. Tickets have been on sale for 18 minutes and they’re still 26,000 people in front of me for the November 4 New York show.

Date: May 15, 2024 17:42

Just announced November 6 MSG date.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 15, 2024 18:02

For those wondering about ticket prices for MSG, after having 35,000+ ahead of me in the queue - I finally saw some singles at $250, $450 and most at almost $900. All of which were getting snapped up quickly.

Date: May 15, 2024 19:08

DEmerson
For those wondering about ticket prices for MSG, after having 35,000+ ahead of me in the queue - I finally saw some singles at $250, $450 and most at almost $900. All of which were getting snapped up quickly.
I was pretty much expecting $250 for a ticket. I've set my limit at $300/$350, and if that only gets me the absolute WORST tickets I might pass. $250 for a not fantastic but not horrible seat I'll probably accept cause thats what I'm expecting but I'm not paying that price for last row and I'm not paying $450 to see anyone sadly. Buck has to stop somewhere. I'd rather try my hand at resale day of show at that point. Expecting a huge clusterfuck here in an hour.

Date: May 15, 2024 20:06

Had my Ticketmaster open two hours before the LA show went on sale and there's 44K people in front of me ffs... lol. Just wanted a nosebleed to get in the door.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 15, 2024 20:20

Got taping seats for all 3 MSG. Paid Stones level prices. Trying for LA too but not going to spend box seats.that kind of coin except for

Date: May 15, 2024 20:31

daspyknows
Got taping seats for all 3 MSG. Paid Stones level prices. Trying for LA too but not going to spend box seats.that kind of coin except for

Nice, you're a wizard Daspy cool smiley

Date: May 15, 2024 20:34

BeastyBurdeny
Had my Ticketmaster open two hours before the LA show went on sale and there's 44K people in front of me ffs... lol. Just wanted a nosebleed to get in the door.
I finally got through, but ironically it wouldn't let me in on my work network because it suspected I was a bot. So I don't know how they do their system, because obviously a million bots get in anyway, but that really threw me for awhile. And of course no way for me to prove I'm NOT a bot. In on the phone (which isn't the ideal way I wanted to search for stuff and still have 18000 in front of me. So yknow, the capacity of the venue lol.

Date: May 15, 2024 21:00

I'm in but it's not letting me buy a ticket. keeps saying "one moment while we process your order'

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 21 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1199
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home