Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: OT: Pink Floyd stuff
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 20, 2021 00:57

CBII
Twelve new concert performances between 1970 - 1972 have been released for streaming (and hopefully physical media)? Incredible!

If by “physical media” you mean vinyl, then yes it would be incredible.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 20, 2021 02:23

This is just a copyright extension job. Not even new and previously unreleased band-owned masters or superiour soundboards were used - these are just dubs of whatever bootleg they had at hand, many of them outdated because superior quality sources appeared since the bootleg releases in question.

A rushed job with just the copyright extension, but obviously not the fan in mind.

This was done in the same vein as ABKCO's 1969 Stones copyright dump, that for the most part just used bootleg sources for most concerts (and also not even the best ones at that!), but on the positive side had quite a few previously unheard outtakes and the MSG 1969 soundboards that were not circulating before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-20 02:24 by retired_dog.

Posted by: JivinSisterFanny ()
Date: December 20, 2021 08:11

I was excited about these (and a little concerned I might go overboard in buying them), but the sound quality just doesn't come through--maybe it is digital, but they are not nearly as good as the live material in The Early Years 1965–1972 releases from a few years ago.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: December 20, 2021 15:14

Of course the idea that a professional recording of pre 1973 TDSOTM performance could exist would have been a fantastic news but I doubt it is the case.

Date: December 20, 2021 15:17

I have one.

ds1984
Of course the idea that a professional recording of pre 1973 TDSOTM performance could exist would have been a fantastic news but I doubt it is the case.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: December 21, 2021 01:39

I forgot about th e Brighton Dome, 29-06-1972 excerpts.

Is that one?

georgemcdonnell314
I have one.

ds1984

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2021 01:43

Caught 'em in '72 ..... No flyin pigs in dem daze

ROCKMAN

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 11, 2022 18:56

Well, it looks like Lucius is not participating in the next Roger Waters tour as they have announced their own tour.

[ilovelucius.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 13, 2022 15:35

Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Mono-Mix Vinyl reissue (4-Mar-2022) - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] :

Large picture

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 13, 2022 16:00

daspyknows
Well, it looks like Lucius is not participating in the next Roger Waters tour as they have announced their own tour.

[ilovelucius.com]

That's too bad. I thought Lucius really added a lot to the last tour. Their version of Great Gig in the Sky was stunning. Kind of makes me wonder if Roger's tour is going to happen. As currently scheduled he'll turn 79 during the tour. If the tour does happen, I'm sure Roger will still have something memorable.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 13, 2022 18:13

crholmstrom
daspyknows

[ilovelucius.com]

That's too bad. I thought Lucius really added a lot to the last tour. Their version of Great Gig in the Sky was stunning. Kind of makes me wonder if Roger's tour is going to happen. As currently scheduled he'll turn 79 during the tour. If the tour does happen, I'm sure Roger will still have something memorable.

I agree. I am sure he wants to tour but the current reality makes it harder to plan it out. His tour isn't just 4 dudes going out and jamming for 2 hours.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 13, 2022 20:55

crholmstrom
daspyknows

[ilovelucius.com]

Yes I saw that too. It's a real shame as I completely agree that they brought something really special to the last tour. Visually they make an impact, but their backing vocals throughout were fantastic, and I agree that The Great Gig In The Sky was a major highlight with their duet centre stage.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 514
Record Number of Users: 189 on August 24, 2021 20:10
Record Number of Guests: 6295 on November 30, 2021 14:09

Previous page Next page First page IORR home