Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Stones songs used for solo material & vise versa
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 25, 2019 00:39

JordyLicks96
GasLightStreet
Start Me Up/Never Stop is missing from that list.

Very true! It might be under the title "ONCE YOU STOP" from that list but not sure. Here's a pic I took from Exhibitionism when it was in NYC. These are tracks that were compiled for TATTOO YOU in October 1980. "Start Me Up" as you can see is listed under the title "Start It Up" from Paris '78.

Yep, didn't see it - Once You Start. Weird working title.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 25, 2019 16:53

JordyLicks96
gotdablouse
Thanks for that picture, hadn't seen it before.
I wonder why they have "From OB 1/2/3 24.7.80" date for many of these tracks as it's unlikely they were touched by the band after the initial sessions. Is it when they were mixed perhaps ? I wonder if "Just Because I Told You" leaked under another name ?

"MR" could be "Master Reel".

I was wondering that myself about the date. All of these tracks come from the SOME GIRLS sessions. Maybe they were compiled on 7/24/80 so they could possibly be worked on further in October '80?

According to "nzentgraf's" site, "Just Because I Told You" is the real title for the song "I Need You" which has been posted on YouTube under that title. This was a song that went to the mastering stage for possible inclusion on SOME GIRLS.

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks, one of the first unreleased songs I heard on a K7 someone gave me 30+ years ago ! That song had potential with the melody and the Keith+Mick singing. I'm guessing it was worked on further before it went to mastering because it was rather rough...and then we didn't get it in the SG box set so who knows !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-25 20:53 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 25, 2019 17:51

Wow, that Just Because I Told You is smokin'.

Little bit of Black n Blue funk lingering into the punked up Stones.

My search didn't turn up a link for iorr chat about this slippery jam...

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home