Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: how can people defend the set list from last night Philly?
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: October 15, 2005 22:49

JumpingKentFlash,

You missed an obvious "warhorse"...HONKY TONK WOMAN!

PECMAN

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: October 15, 2005 22:54

They are a vegasact, there is nothing "real" about them anymore becuase htey live their separate lives and not as a group of people like they used to. If they are interested in comunicating among themselves they might produce more songs and new styles for the old songs.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 16, 2005 18:02

Kees, you must be kidding! On this tour the Stones (a) are playing less warhorses than they did during the previous tours, perhaps less warhorses than the big audiences want listen to. And (b) they have already performed 40 different songs. Do you think that means bad variety?

You say "in Europe, the Stones will not be able to charge over 100,- for a stadium ticket. If they do, I predict many half filled stadiums, espec. with ABB selling so poor."

Don't be so rediculus! If you haven't noticed it, ABB sells very well in Europe. The album was at #1 on the Eurochart during two weeks - as it was on the worldwide chart- and still sells very well. ABB have sold already 1.6 million copies worldwide, despite the fact that only 278,000 of them are from the US market (actually, ONLY in USA the album do poor sales).

Some guys are unable to pretending successfuly that they are "Stones fans"...

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: October 16, 2005 18:16

I am so drunk.
Sorry, wrong thread...

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 16, 2005 20:27

kees Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last gig in Philly: out of 21 songs, 16 warhorses!
> Crazy. Lazy.
> Compared to Dallas 89 13 songs are the
> same.........
but Dallas 89 sucked and Philly 2005 both shows kickass,
clean the wax out of yer ears and listen to the boots.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 16, 2005 20:32

Pecman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JumpingKentFlash,
>
> You missed an obvious "warhorse"...HONKY TONK
> WOMAN!
>
> PECMAN

Oh did I? Sorry. That goes in too of course.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: October 16, 2005 20:56

My only real criticism of the set lists from Philly is the fact that after all these years, Keith can't rehearse a few different songs for his mini set! COME ON KEITH, you lazy bones! Try Thief In The Night, Happy, or ANYTHING DIFFERENT, PLEASE! With that exception, both Philly shows were absolutely incredible, I was there! I closed my eyes so I could just listen for a few minutes and even I was amazed at the power of their performance! Midnight Rambler really couldn't have been better! Yicks, Mick was so menacing he was almost scarey! Talk about intensity! And the intensity level stayed way up high, into the clouds! For those who insist on bashing these shows, I have to wonder how @#$%& up you were either on beer, booze or drug of choice! I saw alot of very wasted idiots at both shows, sitting up in the $450 seats and I wondered WHY ARE YOU THERE TAKING UP A GREAT SEAT IF YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE SHOW THE NEXT DAY!??

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2005 22:23

I'm getting tired of it but after seeing last night's show in Atlanta I just want to say it one more time: Go see them and stop complaining about the setlist. They rock!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1645
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home