Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rod Stewart vs Mick Jagger
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 1, 2019 18:22

I always thought Mick was better at presenting the blues then Rod. I do not think Rod could of sang I Got The Blues the way MJ projects the blues.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: August 1, 2019 18:42

keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000
A couple of nights ago I was listening to Rod live recordings. That box set from when he was still great. Then last night I was watching Uriah Heep and Deep Purple live sets ( don't hold it against me). And again it struck me that we, as Stones fans take Jagger's ad-libs, his wit, his talking for granted. But no one of the other lead singers even comes close at his command, and just plain content of ad libbing, rapping.
I hear these other guys, they sound lost, "Oh yeah" "I want everybody to clap your hands" -whoope do.

go watch 60+ year old dee snider ad lib

No thanksspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 1, 2019 19:23

Most stupid comments ever in the whole world
Swayed1967
I love the Faces and of course the Stones but I’m not sure it’s the Rod vs Mick angle that’s worth debating. Keith is the key player, IMO.

In a perfect world, rather than Ronnie joining the Stones, Keith would’ve joined the Faces. In that incarnation, The Faces would’ve been able to stake their claim as the greatest Rock ‘n Roll Band in the world and not even Mick could deny them. Three or four group songs, three Keith songs and a couple from Ronnie Lane and Rod = killer album that would’ve eclipsed anything the Stones did. Rod is arguably a better singer anyways…

It only gets better though because when Rod inevitably goes full-time solo Mick is persuaded to join The Faces essentially making the The Stones and The Faces the same band under different names. It really should’ve gone down that way…

Date: August 1, 2019 19:29

You should read it again, harlem shuffle grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 1, 2019 21:16

Aside from the wonderful Maggie May and You Wear It Well, I’m genuinely pretty uninterested. Young Turks and Baby Jane both feature on my 80’s playlist, though.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home