Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The perfect book about the Stones that wont ever be written (supposition...)
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:01

Right then, back on track.
This has probably been aired before but ideally the Stones need a MARK LEWISHOHN who is about half way through his epic three volume history of The Beatles.
The first volume was pretty highly rated even amongst the most obsessive of fans.
The Stones deserve similar treatment. Mark has co-operation from The Beatles/Apple...without this I assume it would never have got started.

Would Mick and Keith sanction such a project? Does it have to wait until the band call it a day? Could this site open a dialogue with the group's Management to ask if they would consider such a project and invite potential Authors to come forward?

Re: The perfect book about the Stones that wont ever be written (supposition...)
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:08

Mick does not care about books. He is looking forward not in the past. He is busy with new projects, new tours, new movies, family and future, I can't see Mick digging in the past and talking to a writer, but who knows, may be in 20 years time, when he is getting old.

Bjornulf

Date: July 31, 2019 00:16

jlowe
This has probably been aired before but ideally the Stones need a MARK LEWISHOHN who is about half way through his epic three volume history of The Beatles.
The first volume was pretty highly rated even amongst the most obsessive of fans.
The Stones deserve similar treatment. Mark has co-operation from The Beatles/Apple...without this I assume it would never have got started.

Would Mick and Keith sanction such a project? Does it have to wait until the band call it a day? Could this site open a dialogue with the group's Management to ask if they would consider such a project and invite potential Authors to come forward?

I haven't read it, but wasn't that what they did with "According To The Rolling Stones"?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 31, 2019 00:58

jlowe

True. He's currently doing a speaking tour in the UK and I rather hope it's a way of using up the time between delivery of Volume 2 to the publishers and actual publication.

jlowe

Not least because I get a namecheck/acknowledgement! <grin>

jlowe

Whilst that was broadly true in the early stages, I read an article recently where Mark said that he'd had absolutely no contact with Apple/Beatles/McCartney since volume 1 was issued.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 31, 2019 10:52

DandelionPowderman

I haven't read it, but wasn't that what they did with "According To The Rolling Stones"?

A quick throw away of a thing. grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 31, 2019 10:56

TravelinMan

That’s actually not true. You make negative comments all the time on the Taylor thread, I finally decided to prove that you’re a troll. Troll on.

You proved you are a crybaby when faced with negative evidence based observations about Taylor. winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home