Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: The perfect book about the Stones that wont ever be written (supposition...)
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 29, 2019 23:30

TheflyingDutchman
His Majesty
TravelinMan

“ I never really felt, and I don't know why, but I never felt I was gonna stay with the Stones forever, even right from the beginning.” - Mick Taylor

DandelionPowderman

"they could hardly tune their guitars and sounded like a rough garage band" - Mick Taylor

grinning smiley

His smugness here: [youtu.be]

A leech, albeit a talented one, that thought he'd use a world famous and established band for awhile to further his career. That worked out well

Leaving the Stones in 1974 was one of the biggest blunderers in the history of Rock and Roll, imo. Making fun out f it by digging up old footage, well, we should make
a new thread posting pictures and footage of drug-fuelled Stones members. I do think that Taylor was the only Stone who didn't let drugs affect his playing, and Bill and Stue of course.

Taylor turned down playing with Bad Company, he could have easily been in the spotlight if he wanted to be. The point is, he did things HIS way and didn’t care about the money. You don’t join a Jack Bruce fusion band if you prioritize money!

His majesty has an obsession with B. Jones and wants to bash Taylor and project his opinion on him for whatever reason.

It really is sad that this board is so biased towards one form of the band to the point of personally attacking Hall Of Fame members of the Stones without any actual evidence. It is much easier to attack the characters of other members of the band, but I am confident in my fandom I don’t need to do that to somehow feel “superior”. The name “his majesty” really says it all, doesn’t it?

Re: The perfect book about the Stones that wont ever be written (supposition...)
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 29, 2019 23:43

TravelinMan

Taylor turned down playing with Bad Company, he could have easily been in the spotlight if he wanted to be. The point is, he did things HIS way and didn’t care about the money. You don’t join a Jack Bruce fusion band if you prioritize money!

Who said he prioritised money? confused smiley

That's you projecting. grinning smiley

TravelinMan

... Hall Of Fame members ...

Haha, meaningless.

TravelinMan

... without any actual evidence.

There is 'evidence'.

TravelinMan
The name “his majesty” really says it all, doesn’t it?

Yes, it's from a line in a song. smoking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 00:28 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 30, 2019 00:57

Yep line from song … … lets see if he can pick it ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 30, 2019 01:03

His Majesty
24FPS

I shoved the Rock and Roll Circus soundtrack in the car CD player yesterday. This is the first time the band sounds funky, exemplified by the often overlooked Parachute Woman, and the slow choogling version of Jumping Jack Flash. They don't resemble the earlier band at all.

confused smiley

[youtu.be]

I've never heard that. Not strange, seeing as it was an English TV broadcast. We never saw those in the states. I don't see your point. They don't sound like the 'new' Stones at. They're just doing It's All Over Now, but to the sound of Walking the Dog.

Date: July 30, 2019 01:04

Rockman
Yep line from song … … lets see if he can pick it ……

Two, I forgot about the other one. grinning smiley

Date: July 30, 2019 01:18

24FPS

I've never heard that. Not strange, seeing as it was an English TV broadcast. We never saw those in the states. I don't see your point. They don't sound like the 'new' Stones at. They're just doing It's All Over Now, but to the sound of Walking the Dog.

Never mind.

Date: July 30, 2019 02:43

His Majesty
TravelinMan

Who said he prioritised money? confused smiley

That's you projecting. grinning smiley

TravelinMan

... Hall Of Fame members ...

Haha, meaningless.

TravelinMan

... without any actual evidence.

There is 'evidence'.

You called him a leech that used the Stones to further his career. Wow. Just wow. So your idea of using the most popular band in the world to further a career is quitting and joining Jack Bruce in a jazz fusion band?!? That’s hilarious. Clearly you are bitter for some reason and are anti-MT.

Facts:

Joined Rolling Stones at 20. Quit after about five years for a number of reasons including escaping the lifestyle, broadening musical vocabulary, and maybe he was a little bit peeved at the lack of songwriting credits, which he clearly stated in a 1973 interview Jagger promised him. Wow, what an ungodly leech of a man. Let’s condemn him on message boards forty something years later like he broke your heart.

Date: July 30, 2019 11:14

Yes, for he they were a stepping stone not a rolling one. He had no intention of staying long term. He thought he was better than them as a musician. His joining Jack Bruce and being smug about the stones supposedly having problems replacing him is part ego part leech. His own words and actions support what I say.

Have a nice day.

Date: July 30, 2019 14:59

His Majesty
Yes, for he they were a stepping stone not a rolling one. He had no intention of staying long term. He thought he was better than them as a musician. His joining Jack Bruce and being smug about the stones supposedly having problems replacing him is part ego part leech. His own words and actions support what I say.

Have a nice day.

How about the fact he gave an interview in 1973 with Nick Kent saying Jagger promised him writing credits on the upcoming album? How about the fact the Stones stopped paying him HIS money years later? How about the fact they tried to slide Tops on an album without giving him performance royalties?

I see Taylor being leeched off here by the band. It’s a two way street, bub.

Have an absolutely fantastic, whimsical, and adventurous day!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 15:00 by TravelinMan.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 30, 2019 17:00

I've never understood why folks feel they have to take sides in this issue.

MT left the band, for whatever reason... and obviously with the belief that he'd then be happier in a different place.

Only he knows whether that decision was a good one or not...and we can all be a lot wiser with hindsight !

I think that to have made a further big footprint he would have needed to find another great band to adopt him .

He was never going to leave a further big legacy on his own because he is first and last a fantastic instrumentalist ...a superb guitar player with great feel, expression and a sense of melody.

But somebody else has to give him the framework to really shine in.

Date: July 30, 2019 17:24

Spud
I've never understood why folks feel they have to take sides in this issue.

I don't either, but I will defend against BS. Same goes for any Stone, except MT is really the only one that gets lambasted around here.

I think that to have made a further big footprint he would have needed to find another great band to adopt him .

Would have been interesting to hear him in Bad Company.

He was never going to leave a further big legacy on his own because he is first and last a fantastic instrumentalist ...a superb guitar player with great feel, expression and a sense of melody.

But somebody else has to give him the framework to really shine in

Well, he should have just covered a bunch of J.J. Cale songs!

Date: July 30, 2019 17:36

<except MT is really the only one that gets lambasted around here>

Hmm, check out ANY thread about Ronnie smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2019 18:05

TravelinMan

How about the fact he gave an interview in 1973 with Nick Kent saying Jagger promised him writing credits on the upcoming album? How about the fact the Stones stopped paying him HIS money years later? How about the fact they tried to slide Tops on an album without giving him performance royalties?

I see Taylor being leeched off here by the band. It’s a two way street, bub.

Have an absolutely fantastic, whimsical, and adventurous day!!!

Yes, indeed it is. The host did much damage to the parasite including giving it a false sense of importance.

A great and sunny day in Aberdeen. Quite rare.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 30, 2019 18:54

Wow I never knew MT had the opportunity to join Bad Company what were the details if anyone knows please tell us. Thanks

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 30, 2019 19:07

DandelionPowderman

Thank you for the reminder because when I read your post I smiled and remembered that about Rocking Ronnie smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2019 19:17

While we debate the ever endless debate of whose better Ronnie / Mick or even Brian ? do any of us think for a second that Mick Taylor wishes he had a DO OVER ? I think he certainly regrets his impulsive decision to leave the most successful band of all time and the dollars and pounds he left behind . Artistic expression and creativity are great but paying your bills and not being on the dole are even better ! Just in case anyone is interested I love both Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor as much as I love the Rolling Stones as they are all Stones !

Date: July 30, 2019 19:29

I think he regrets joining.

Date: July 30, 2019 19:52

His Majesty
I probably am not supposed to say this but you just made me laugh smiling smiley

Date: July 30, 2019 19:56

DandelionPowderman

Well it’s one thing make objective comments about playing style that lead to a healthy debate, but to attack his character? I haven’t seen anything here about Ron Wood abusing women and being so smashed his guitar was pulled out of the live mix.

Date: July 30, 2019 19:59

OpenG
Wow I never knew MT had the opportunity to join Bad Company what were the details if anyone knows please tell us. Thanks

From what I remember, it was during the Goat’s Head sessions or right after. The singer, his name escapes me, was looking for a lead guitar player for the new group. Taylor, being loyal to the Stones, turned it down. Then they screwed him over again on IORR and on top of that, didn’t go on a tour, so he moved on. I suppose he wanted to play, not sit around in a studio for hours in Munich, Germany of all places.

Date: July 30, 2019 20:10

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman

Well it’s one thing make objective comments about playing style that lead to a healthy debate, but to attack his character? I haven’t seen anything here about Ron Wood abusing women and being so smashed his guitar was pulled out of the live mix.

You mean subjective comments, I presume?

Well you better read more thoroughly, then. In fact, both of the things you mentioned have been brought up smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-30 20:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 30, 2019 20:11

TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman

Can you elaborate please ?

Date: July 30, 2019 20:46

TheGreek
His Majesty
I probably am not supposed to say this but you just made me laugh smiling smiley

Taylor himself has alluded to it.

Date: July 30, 2019 20:55

TravelinMan

Every good and bad aspect about all of the stones has been discussed here a lot.

It took just one little comment saying Taylor is a dull person to trigger your string of comical comments. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 30, 2019 22:44

DandelionPowderman
TravelinMan
DandelionPowderman

You mean subjective comments, I presume?

Well you better read more thoroughly, then. In fact, both of the things you mentioned have been brought up smiling smiley

No I meant objective as in hitting bum notes etc. But I agree, most everything in music is subjective as long as the musician isn’t failing to achieve what they have in mind.

Stating something as though it is factual, when in fact it is an opinion, is what I object to.

Date: July 30, 2019 22:46

His Majesty
TravelinMan

Every good and bad aspect about all of the stones has been discussed here a lot.

It took just one little comment saying Taylor is a dull person to trigger your string of comical comments. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

That’s actually not true. You make negative comments all the time on the Taylor thread, I finally decided to prove that you’re a troll. Troll on.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 30, 2019 23:19

The RW criticism on all the various threads over the years was about his guitar playing and contributions to the stones body of work we never made fun of his appearance and called out his life struggles etc - With Taylor the negative comments have been more personal with people saying slanderous things about his personal life, his lack of wealth, his living conditions etc.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 30, 2019 23:44

Has Mick Taylor had a biography published?
Given the number of such books published each year, quite often about musicians who are less well known, I am surprised if none has ever been written.
The Stones connection on its own would generate interest, surely.
Of course, Mick might not want to co-operate?

Date: July 30, 2019 23:44

Charlie is the only one in the band who has avoided unfair and preposterous criticism on this board.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 30, 2019 23:46

Please DO NOT make this thread another MICK TAYLOR discussion. Then I will just merge it into the following thread, where all these PRO and CON Taylor etc are being merged:

Mick Taylor Talk - what's on your mind right now...

PS. The link to this thread above, as well as many other frequently used threads, are found via the IORR home page link:

Forum links
of interest

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1441
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home