Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: David Crosby interviews
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 16, 2020 00:15

He could do a tour of "house" concerts. I've never heard of anyone quite as famous as Croz doing something like that, but there are musicians, people who have had actual hit records, who will do a private show in your living room for a few grand. I'm sure there's plenty of affluent CSN fans who would cough it up for "an intimate evening with David Crosby."

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 16, 2020 04:55

jlowe
keefriffhard4life
gotdablouse
David Crosby is worried : [www.gq.com]?

Makes sense but then how is it that a musician of his stature doesn't "have any savings" ?

drugs he has to pay for from his liver transplant or whatever it was

Surely drugs for his health conditions would be paid by insurance.
Recreational drugs are another matter, however doesnt he grow his own though?

Most American insurance plans are grievously inadequate and I would guess that with Crosby's recurring drug costs, he probably hits his annual benefit limit really early each year. And his drugs are likely excessively expensive to begin with. And all that's if he can even get insurance in the first place anymore.

Date: March 16, 2020 05:04

Roscoe
jlowe
keefriffhard4life
gotdablouse
David Crosby is worried : [www.gq.com]?

Makes sense but then how is it that a musician of his stature doesn't "have any savings" ?

drugs he has to pay for from his liver transplant or whatever it was

Surely drugs for his health conditions would be paid by insurance.
Recreational drugs are another matter, however doesnt he grow his own though?

Most American insurance plans are grievously inadequate and I would guess that with Crosby's recurring drug costs, he probably hits his annual benefit limit really early each year. And his drugs are likely excessively expensive to begin with. And all that's if he can even get insurance in the first place anymore.

you nailed it

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 16, 2020 07:00

Not really all that surprising. Combined with his drug costs, a lot of artists these days are on the road because they have to be and don't have as much money as we all think they do. David Crosby would be near the top of my list of guys that I was like "yeah, you're a mega famous but if you're saying you don't have money that wouldn't surprise me."

Sucks for him, and I feel for the guy. Don't want to make it seem like he don't. Sure, ALL his friends say he's a dick, and I'm sure they're right, but he made some fine fine music in his time. I don't wish anyone that has brought me or been a part of something thats brought me so much happiness to fall on hard times. Dude seems like he's tried real hard to be on the road and make his money (whether because he has to or because he wants to) and it would be sad to see him go by the wayside from this.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 16, 2020 11:20

To put it into some perspective, I would imagine that Crosby's main home is worth a substantial amount of money, far more than anyone on this site could hope for.
So, do what is required is to downsize and release some cash.Why hang on to a large property when your children have left home?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:40

[www.celebritynetworth.com]

According to this site hes worth $40 million

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:49

40 Million? if that site is correct, and they often are not, I got no sympathy for the guy. He should concentrate on spending that money for the good of the world or something and not be crying in his beer over his health issues, issues he himself blames only on himself. He used to live near me and I saw him around quite a bit when he was much younger, and it was not a pretty picture.

jb

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:50

Did you see the documentary? He has a magnificent house, with lots of property. In Northern California! He could make a ton, buy a condo in Burbank, no sweat.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:52

David Crosby has Medicare, which is one of the best health insurance plans in the word.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 17, 2020 00:05

wonderboy
David Crosby has Medicare, which is one of the best health insurance plans in the word.

No it isnt. It pays noting

Date: March 17, 2020 01:01

wonderboy

but is he has a ton of drugs to buy a month it still could cost him hundreds

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:00

Two things that annoy me about this particular interview:
1. Crosby doesnt get challenged about his remarks re his finances; clearly he is asset rich, if cash poor.
2. His comments re finances are a bit much coming from an ageing hippie who in his younger days used to criticise big business and wealthy individuals for their obsession with money.

OT : David Crosby joins Steely Dan for WOODEN SHIPS
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 16, 2020 04:01

Photo by Connor Kennedy

David Crosby joins Steely Dan for WOODEN SHIPS
Beacon Theater
NYC, October 2019

<<< LISTEN >>>

I was there...

Re: OT: David Crosby stuff
Posted by: bob r ()
Date: March 21, 2020 23:11

I dig Crosby, always have. Like his songs, his singing, his attitude. But, he has alienated a ton of people over the years. Lets face it, even he admits he's a dick. A CSNY or Byrds reunion would probably solve his financial issues, but nobody wants to work with him. Who's fault is that ?

Now with this virus thing screwing everything up he (like a lot of musicians I'm sure ) are screwed.

I wish him the best.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home