Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hey Stones: Ban the phones
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 30, 2019 03:04

Aquamarine
Jack White and now the Raconteurs (which he’s in) do phone free shows, and it’s a dream.

Dylan also.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 30, 2019 03:06

Scream talkers are far more distracting than any person with any phone at a concert. So I will start a thread called Hey Stones: Ban the scream talkers because they are @#$%& up the SOUND/MUSIC as they constantly talk LOUDLY as if they are in a bar, not a concert. Stop messing up the sound!

And we need to ban a few more things/people/activities. Start a thread called Hey Stones: Ban the tall people No one over 5 foot 10 inches should ever be allowed to attend a concert again. They block the view far worse than any person with a camera. Stop blocking the view!

There are/(were in pit1 Friday, I was there) many many many more distracting things than people with cameras...and at least camera people (some of them, the ones with a brain, who are doing it correctly, with quality) are preserving things like the MR PIB thing(which with out the cameras rolling non of us at homers would have seen).

And again, anyone who claims they can not record and enjoy... you speak for yourself only.

Date: June 30, 2019 03:07

Hey Stones: Ban the drunks

No more drunk people allowed!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 30, 2019 06:04

Xam
Phones are below many others on my list of morons who distract from a concert, phones are not even in the top ten.
These people ARE FAR WORSE THAN ANYONE CAPTURING VIDEO WITH A SMALL PHONE.
1. Aggressive Drunks (the worst)
2. People pushing in.
3. Ceaseless Selfie Takers
4. Loud tone deaf singers along.
5. I didn’t see him, but at Hyde Park in 2013, someone on here said there was a bloke in the crowd playing his harmonica along to every song before security threw him out.
6. At the Who in Hyde Park in 2015, some chap in front of us tried to video a whole song with a 10” iPad complete with cover hanging down, blocking the view of 40+ people until my friend gently dealt with him.
7. People holding up signs, flags and banners, blocking the view of others.

8. Scream talkers constant nonstop blather
9. Monster size guy with tiny girlfriend on his shoulders
10. Shirtless dude asking everyone if they got a pipe or papers.
11. Bros (aka Frat bros, Frat boys) usually come in packs of four, pushing each other fighting around, constant high fives, drunk, blahing to every one around.
12. Crazy wide area spin dancing person with no awareness that anyone else is there as they widen their dance area bumping into people.
13. f&f (friends and family) of the band or promoter - see above for behavior
14. Sick person vomitting possibly starting the vomit train chain reaction

And everyone of these people you cite ALSO has a phone so their bad behavior is increased by a factor of two. Screw 'em. BAN THE PHONES!!! angry smiley

Date: June 30, 2019 06:11

Xam
Hey Stones: Ban the drunks

No more drunk people allowed!
¿So who's playing guitar?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 30, 2019 09:23

Xam
Hey Stones: Ban the tall people No one over 5 foot 10 inches should ever be allowed to attend a concert again.

This I can get down with. grinning smiley

Date: June 30, 2019 10:08

Aquamarine
Xam
Hey Stones: Ban the tall people No one over 5 foot 10 inches should ever be allowed to attend a concert again.

This I can get down with. grinning smiley
grinning smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 30, 2019 14:41

You know what's even wore than people with phones blocking other peoples views? People with phones complaing that you block their cameras view with your arms! In Paris I had a guy behind me getting agressive because I had my arms in the air and they were in the way of his camera. I think people should do whatever they want with their phones but I am allowed to have fun, to have my arms in the air, to dance and to jump! Live and let live. For these ticket prices people who want to are allowed to film whatever they wont but also I am allowed to dance with my arms in the air. And noone with a camera has the right to complain about that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 14:44 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 30, 2019 16:12

What about a No Phones Pit? An area where people can experience the concert in a completely new way - without phones spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Extra expensive for an exclusive experience winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 16:12 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:19

How about VIP Early Entry? Would save a lot of clawing and scratching.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:37

StonedRambler
What about a No Phones Pit? An area where people can experience the concert in a completely new way - without phones spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Extra expensive for an exclusive experience winking smiley

This is interesting. I wonder if you leave your cell phone in the car during a steamy hot day - would it explode - Lithium ion is not for challenging

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:49

Xam
Shott
Down front in Chicago the view was constantly obscured by about 1/3 of the people holding up their big phones to film. Should be banned or at least shamed. Live in the moment folks, buy the DVD there surely will be one. Take one photo to prove to your friends on FB you were there.

Requesting that EVERYONE who supports this idiotic idea DO NOT BE A HYPOCRITE.
Be honorable and NEVER WATCH ANOTHER VIDEO OF ANY CONCERT FOOTAGE WHICH SOMEONE TOOK THEIR OWN TIME AND TROUBLE TO CAPTURE THAT VIDEO AND HASSLED WITH POSTING IT FOR PEOPLE. DONT WATCH EVEN ONE SECOND OF ANY CONCERT VIDEO, facebook stream or periscope... and if you do... shut up about banning phones

And all the people who thank the people who post videos, please show up here and have the back bone to say banning phones is an idiotic idea.

I can easily capture concert footage and enjoy the show... it is not hard.
My camera does not block anyones view. I hold it low. It hinders no one.
If one is unable to do that then they should practice.

Phones are below many others on my list of morons who distract from a concert, phones are not even in the top ten.
2. People pushing in.
5. I didn’t see him, but at Hyde Park in 2013, someone on here said there was a bloke in the crowd playing his harmonica along to every song before security threw him out.
6. At the Who in Hyde Park in 2015, some chap in front of us tried to video a whole song with a 10” iPad complete with cover hanging down, blocking the view of 40+ people until my friend gently dealt with him.

11. Bros (aka Frat bros, Frat boys) usually come in packs of four, pushing each other fighting around, constant high fives, drunk, blahing to every one around.
12. Crazy wide area spin dancing person with no awareness that anyone else is there as they widen their dance area bumping into people.

LOL...I saw most of those at Burl's Creek last night...but not enough to ruin the show for more than a minute. The most annoying thing I saw last night was drunk/stoned parents wite their drunk/stoned older children and making a big deal of it...

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:43

Xam
Shott
Down front in Chicago the view was constantly obscured by about 1/3 of the people holding up their big phones to film. Should be banned or at least shamed. Live in the moment folks, buy the DVD there surely will be one. Take one photo to prove to your friends on FB you were there.

Be honorable and NEVER WATCH ANOTHER VIDEO OF ANY CONCERT FOOTAGE WHICH SOMEONE TOOK THEIR OWN TIME AND TROUBLE TO CAPTURE THAT VIDEO AND HASSLED WITH POSTING IT FOR PEOPLE. DONT WATCH EVEN ONE SECOND OF ANY CONCERT VIDEO, facebook stream or periscope... and if you do... shut up about banning phones

And all the people who thank the people who post videos, please show up here and have the back bone to say banning phones is an idiotic idea.

I can easily capture concert footage and enjoy the show... it is not hard.
My camera does not block anyones view. I hold it low. It hinders no one.
If one is unable to do that then they should practice.

2. People pushing in.

so...Who is #15?

I think it honestly deserves its own thread....15th Most Annoying Type of Fan!

My #1 Vote for #15 is: Anybody who still smokes cigarettes at concerts.

Date: June 30, 2019 17:45

stickyfingers101
My #1 Vote for #15 is: Anybody who still smokes cigarettes at concerts.
Keith Richards?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: June 30, 2019 17:46

StonedRambler

This is actually a good idea.

they have those little magnetic pouches to "lock up" phones....and gives the Stones another "Package" to sell....MORE MONEY!!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 30, 2019 21:53

Xam

You mean like people who post in ALL CAPS and bold font?

Date: July 1, 2019 00:26

Chris Fountain
StonedRambler

This is interesting. I wonder if you leave your cell phone in the car during a steamy hot day - would it explode - Lithium ion is not for challenging

It could murder the battery. I learned this last year.

Above 88F and one will probably find a dead battery if left in the consol. If one is lucky it will charge up. If one is unlucky it is perma-dead... if one is really unlucky the battery might burst into flames and one will find their car and all the surrounding cars and buildings, possible whole neighborhoods and maybe they entire city burned to the ground. Some say a cell phone left in the center console started the great Chicago fire, but I dont believe it... I say it was Mrs O'Learys cow kicking over that kerosene lantern.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!

btw- if one must leave as Li-Ion battery operated device in the car, leave it in the trunk. My testing shows on a 88F day the trunk is about 120F, while the inside of the car is 150-160F. At 95-100F outside, the trunk is still about 120F while the interior of the car is 160-170F, which is good if you want to slow cook some BBQ... but not so good for kids, pets or Li-Ion devices.

I actually have tested this. Using identical thermometer. REALLY!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 1, 2019 00:50

This is interesting. I wonder if you leave your cell phone in the car during a steamy hot day - would it explode -

This is why I always keep a homing pigeon in the car Esky ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 1, 2019 05:48

Most people go to one Stones show. They want to bring home some memories, also may be a selfie. I would not worry to much. Luckily it is hard to keep the phone in the air with a hand for two hours, so this is mostly a problem during the first and last few minutes of the shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 16:27

Dylan doesn't allow photography. I have mixed feeling as sometimes I shoot for organizations. I recall sneaking a camera into a Van Morrison concert. I was in the 1st or second row. Sort of mosh pit at that point and this person in front of me just held up her giant phone and video taped the whole last song, Blocked lots of views. official photog's usually get the first 3 songs only & they typically get their shot and get out of the way. its a double edge sword. Maybe they should ask the audience to use their camera phones for the first 3 songs only!! I don't like the 3 song rule because a lot of the magic happens after the first 3 songs. It is amazing to stand at the back of the crowd during a big moment when all the phones come out. Some phones really do have great quality camera and video capabilities . Most people rarely look at the stuff they shoot anyway.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 1, 2019 17:07

While the live streams can be fun to follow, and it's nice to see pics of the show as it happens, the world would be a better place without phones at all concerts.
A small camera maybe for a quick pic or two to be seen after the fact, but smart phones in general are a nuisance and distraction in so many ways.

Date: July 1, 2019 17:12

BAN THE PHONES PLEASE.

And I really don't get why anyone would buy a ticket and spend their concert live streaming it for other people.

When I go I am the to see the Stones period

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 2, 2019 01:51

Ban the phones!!!!

Date: July 2, 2019 02:02

Keep the phones!!!

Allow phones/small cameras as long as they allow far far worse concert distractions/nuisances. See "The List"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:16

Saw U2 in the Superdome in 2017. Bono called out for the phones to light up.

It was quite a site.

Paul McCartney did something similar at the Smoothie King Center this year.

If someone is bothering you with their videoing a show, focus on the show and not them.

Does someone need a trophy? What is this, if Mick were to read this he'd laugh.

Date: July 2, 2019 05:30

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 09:12 by Xam.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 2, 2019 05:47

JMARCOU
no phone and no recorderthumbs down

I could do an audio recording right next to you and you wouldn't know until I told you the STFU when you tried to talk to me.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home