Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New "Live" Studio Album!
Posted by: olorin ()
Date: May 17, 2008 01:09

Personnaly, I would go on with a studio album with all the great live cover they have done for years, just imagine :

Let It Rock, Bye Bye Johnny, Little Queenie, Mannish Boy, Night Time, Mr Pitiful, Get Up Stand Up, Can't Turn You Loose, Like A Rolling Stone (already done on Stripped but...), Love Train, Go-Go, Can't Get Newt To You, Sweet Little 16, Nearness Of You, ...

Covering songs is maybe what the Stones are doing the best on late years.

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: May 17, 2008 01:26

Well, at least the sound must be of quality like Voodoo Lounge/Bridges To Babylon...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 17, 2008 03:53

I think it's nice to hear how a/the tune has evolved and how they play if differently - for instance, Not Fade Away or I Just Want To Make Love To You. I know they are from different times and places but get back to the performance maybe? Live recordings do seem to lay back in the overall mix whereas studio albums are very distinct.

I dunno. I love Stripped. I'd love to hear another one or something similar. Some better tunes than others? Always. But I liked the new approach. A different approach. It was fresh.

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: May 17, 2008 13:48

I would have thought that "Dead Man Cumming " fits the bill,No audience and Jaggers vocals are great(no jumping around and being breathless)Thanks to Urban for the d/load.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 17, 2008 16:05

Will be nice.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: May 17, 2008 22:40

rknuth
They did it in 94/95 which brought us some nice unplugged versions (together with the songs not being released officially) ...

Yeah. Like the extravagant version of Tumbling Dice! Would love to have them record more of their classics in a similar way.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 18, 2008 02:08

I remember reading in John Lennon's Playboy Mag interview shortly before his death about the idea of re-recording some of his Beatle numbers as he originally envisioned them. Now that would have been interesting.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: May 18, 2008 06:10

The thing that would be fantastic and easy to put together would be a Rolling Stones Play The Blues compilation like we have for Hendrtix and Clapton. A double CD cherry picking blues tracks from their official albums and mixed with live and unreleased stuff from theoughout their career. A double CD colletion like Clpaton's would be a killer and would sell better than Bigger Bang.

It would also remind the world the The Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band is a pretty fantastic Blues Band too.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 18, 2008 07:44

The band CRACKER did that a couple years ago. Virgin records who dropped the band planned on releasing a Hits CD. The band wanted more of the profits so they decided to record their songs again that have been road tested for years and had a more powerful vibe. They released it themselves on the same day Virgin released theirs. Virgin only controlled the performance rights from the original recordings.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1112
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home