Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
ACE is back in the UK groove
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 11, 2008 11:20

Just got back from the Ace Frehley gig in Sheffield.What a performance by this Rock God.He's off the booze and drugs and back to his best.Catch him if you can.

Re: ACE is back in the UK groove
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 11, 2008 21:58

man that sounds so awesome .did he do any pyro or special effects (fire through the les paul pickups )?

Date: April 11, 2008 22:28

Yeah as he said "still smoking" as his Les Paul smouldered away!I believe he is at the Astoria tonight.No firing rockets though.His fingers did the talking.Boy what a talent.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 22:31

Saw Ace a few weeks ago in Vancouver at the Commodore Ballroom. Pretty good show, definitely looks old!
One good thing is that his drummer sings so they played Love Gun as one of the encore songs, with Ace singing during the chorus. He said he wrote must of the songs that he's performing but that was one that he didn't that he wished he did.
Also, introduced 2000 Man as a song written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 11, 2008 22:38

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: April 11, 2008 22:51

Nice photo there Vilhelm.Thanks.

Looking forward to his new album at the end of the month.

They blew up 3 amps during the show,to which Ace said"What the @#$%& its only money".Just love the NY attitude!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 11, 2008 22:56

I love this song!!!

It's gonna be ecstasy, this place was meant for me.

Date: April 11, 2008 23:09

Thanks 4 that Cindy.Not seen that clip b4.

Just wish those guys could bury their differences and for Ace to join them for their 08 tour.

i first saw KISS back in 1980 at Bingley Hall ,Stafford,UK.My first gig and Ace just blew mw away.Great to know he is back to his old self.

Date: April 11, 2008 23:22

Saw KISS the first time they were in Sweden, I was 11 years old. Stayed away from them until their reunion.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: April 11, 2008 23:30

Nice to hear! Very exited about the new album!
BTW. Gene would never allow Ace back in Kiss. He has too much mind of his own. Gene is only interested in the money...

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 11, 2008 23:40

audun-eg
Gene is only interested in the money...

I dont think so. It's very much his creation, Gene rocks. But Ace is a Rock God. Space Ace forever!

Date: April 11, 2008 23:41

New album? You must mean Ace´s? Gene/Paul says there will never be another KISS album cause of all downloading, and all the money they will be missing.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: April 11, 2008 23:45

LA FORUM
audun-eg
Gene is only interested in the money...

I dont think so. It's very much his creation, Gene rocks. But Ace is a Rock God. Space Ace forever!

Ace is rock god for sure and has a definite soul to his playing and music writing! Gene has just been tripping on the past for the last 10 years, and haven't really written good music since the seventies.

Btw. just read that his album is postponed untill end of year / early next year.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-11 23:54 by audun-eg.

Date: April 12, 2008 00:41

Yeah I was referring to the new album by Ace.Last night he announced he was going back to the US after the Astoria gig for more gigs and to finish the album.

I think Gene is a bit of a twat really .It's all money with him.I mean poor Ace don't even have a right to wear his own stage gear.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: April 12, 2008 01:08

Stargroover - I like KISS (Gasp!) in part because of their stage show, but don't you think it would be a little pathetic if Ace were wearing his KISS gear while doing his own thing? Doing some the their songs solo is one thing, but putting on the make-up & costume would be a bit much.

Has he complained about not being able to wear it? If he has, I'm surprised because I'd think he wouldn't want to do that.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 12, 2008 01:18

Saw 'em first in 1977 - Macon, GA.

Glad to hear Ace is getting over the abuse problems. He can really play that thing.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 12, 2008 01:21

Ace said that he didn't want to play any new tracks because they'd be on YouTube the next day!
I believe Ace is the one who named the band KISS and he also designed their logo.

Date: April 12, 2008 01:24

So he's the one that decided they were knights in Satan's service? The Hellion!

Date: April 12, 2008 01:33

The point I am making is that Ace no longer has a right to the character he created,which means Gene etc gets all the rights from merchandising etc.Its the principal of the thing.

Date: April 12, 2008 18:29

DGA35
Ace said that he didn't want to play any new tracks because they'd be on YouTube the next day!
I believe Ace is the one who named the band KISS and he also designed their logo.

I believe Gene came up with the name, but Ace designed the logo.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 13, 2008 08:05

illegal downloading is a poor excuse for not wanting to make another record.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: April 13, 2008 08:11

I wish I'd had the foresight to wear full face make up in my 20s, I could keep wearing it in my mid 30s and beyond and never seem (much) older!

Date: April 13, 2008 16:50

mickijaggeroo
New album? You must mean Ace´s? Gene/Paul says there will never be another KISS album cause of all downloading, and all the money they will be missing.

thats not why theres no new kiss album. paul stanley has basically said gene writes crap songs now and if he (paul) was going to write every song on an album he rather just release it as a solo album

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: April 13, 2008 20:46

Ace at the Astoria was, well, ace! I was just hoping that he wouldn't a Schenker and turn up drunk. It's a shame that my expectations were so low but Ace was in fine form and put a smile back on my face. Something Kiss haven't done for a while.

Date: April 14, 2008 08:57

Glad you enjoyed it

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2008 22:46

CindyC thank you so much for making me smile with 'new york groove' that was awesome. KISS rocks !!!

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 14, 2008 22:53

Glad to hear Ace is clean and sober. I saw him up close about 18 years ago at a club show. He was wearing skin tight nylon or spandex or whatever that was all worn out with holes and p-ss stains.

Date: April 14, 2008 23:20

R - How exactly did you know that they were piss stains? On second thought, forget I asked!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 14, 2008 23:25

The Greek
CindyC thank you so much for making me smile with 'new york groove' that was awesome. KISS rocks !!!

Glad i could make you smile. Now I'm going to listen to it again!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: April 14, 2008 23:41

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home