Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones' Content: The Bluesbreakers in the "Blues Alive" video
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 18, 2008 01:03

My musician buddy Max turned me on to this video. This is a show from 1982, with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers (Mayall, Mick Taylor, John McVie and Colin Allen) hosting a show featuring several blues greats. These are Albert King, Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, Etta James and Sippie Wallace.

I had to laugh during the closing jam ("CC Rider") when Wells walks over to Taylor, who's playing slide, and Junior taps on the neck of Taylor's guitar with his harmonica. "Play that guitar, boy." Taylor drops the slide and then plays an excellent solo. It is funny as hell.

Re: Stones' Content: The Bluesbreakers in the "Blues Alive" video
Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: May 18, 2008 10:20

bassplayer617
My musician buddy Max turned me on to this video. This is a show from 1982, with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers (Mayall, Mick Taylor, John McVie and Colin Allen) hosting a show featuring several blues greats. These are Albert King, Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, Etta James and Sippie Wallace.

I had to laugh during the closing jam ("CC Rider") when Wells walks over to Taylor, who's playing slide, and Junior taps on the neck of Taylor's guitar with his harmonica. "Play that guitar, boy." Taylor drops the slide and then plays an excellent solo. It is funny as hell.

I think he is trying to get Taylor to get up from the chair and take a solo at the front of the stage.

Someone who was at the concert reported that during one song, while Taylor quietly noodled, the rest of the band left the stage and when Taylor finally noticed what had happened he let rip his fiercest solo of the night. Unfortunately, this does not appear on the DVD and there is no audience recording AFAIK of the event.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home