Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Worst Post Tattoo You Song
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 3, 2019 15:26

I think I'd have to say Hold Back...

Jagger's angry, tuneless bellowing is unforgivable, and the solo is pretty much garbage.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: May 3, 2019 15:29

Cooltoplady
BV get rid of this post. More haters
Why aren't we allowed to talk about the worst song? Are we THAT sensitive and thin-skinned? It will be very embarrassing if this thread gets shut down. Don't like the topic? Then don't look. Easysmiling smiley

Date: May 3, 2019 15:31

Boognish
Cooltoplady
Why aren't we allowed to talk about the worst song? Are we THAT sensitive and thin-skinned? It will be very embarrassing if this thread gets shut down. Don't like the topic? Then don't look. Easysmiling smiley
I don't get it either. It's equally vital for fans to express their negative opinions.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 3, 2019 16:00

While I still can ... Winning Ugly.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 3, 2019 16:27

keefriff99
Boognish
Cooltoplady
I don't get it either. It's equally vital for fans to express their negative opinions.

+1

Democracy dies in darkness.

Drew

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 3, 2019 18:40

Not only worst Post-TY-song but worst Stones-song ever:
Out Of Tears.
Horrible.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 3, 2019 18:47

DandelionPowderman
Stealing My Heart might be the worst, but it's still better that lots of songs out there by other bands...

It might be better than songs like Back to Zero and Winning Ugly, but no, sorry, it's not better than any other song by any other band.

Date: May 3, 2019 19:01

Stealing My Heart is nothing outstanding, but I don´t think it´s a bad one. Not a great one but enjoyable, not more not less.
Winning Ugly is great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-03 19:02 by HMS.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 3, 2019 19:11

drewmaster
keefriff99
Boognish
Cooltoplady

+1

Drew

But what really characterizes a "worst" song? Is it a song that is bad? In case, "bad" to me may be "good" for another. Or is it instead a song, which has got some weaknesses about it, that makes oneself so utterly indifferent and bored?

In other words, does a "worst" song represent the presence of something bad or, on the contrary, simply and only a lack of everything good? The former relates to something that a song is, the latter to something that it is not.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 3, 2019 19:13

I think winning ugly and back to zero are not that bad, I can listen through Dirty Work and not skip a track because of the great guitar sound, but albums like VL and ABB I have to skip some tracks.

Date: May 3, 2019 19:20

Don't Stop...awful....no energy, no pulse, lifeless trash....

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 3, 2019 19:30

maumau
micawber
Wanna Hold You
Pretty Beat Up
Must Be Hell
Hold Back
Back To Zero
Winning Ugly
Hold On To Your Hat
Rock And A Hard Place
Blinded By Love
Break The Spell
Sex Drive
Yo Got Me Rocking
Sparks Will Fly
Brand New Car
Sweethearts Together
Suck On The Jugular
Baby Break It Down
Mean Disposition
Gunface
Always Suffering
Too Tight
Streets Of Love
She Saw Me Coming
Sweet Neo Con
Look What The Cat Dragged In
Driving Too Fast

Quite a listconfused smiley

Many songs I like in this list and one, Pretty Beat Up, that I would rank among their best, ever (thanks Woody)

Love is Strong. Always disliked the song.

Date: May 3, 2019 19:40

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
Stealing My Heart might be the worst, but it's still better that lots of songs out there by other bands...

It might be better than songs like Back to Zero and Winning Ugly, but no, sorry, it's not better than any other song by any other band.

LOL! My Ding-a-Ling ranks higher? winking smiley

Date: May 3, 2019 19:41

Witness
drewmaster
keefriff99
Boognish
Cooltoplady

+1

Drew

But what really characterizes a "worst" song? Is it a song that is bad? In case, "bad" to me may be "good" for another. Or is it instead a song, which has got some weaknesses about it, that makes oneself so utterly indifferent and bored?

In other words, does a "worst" song represent the presence of something bad or, on the contrary, simply and only a lack of everything good? The former relates to something that a song is, the latter to something that it is not.
It's just what the thread suggests:

What, in your opinion, is the worst song the Stones released post-Tattoo You?

Of course peoples' opinions will vary. No matter how garishly outdated most of us think Dirty Work sounds, there will be those, like HMS, who think it's a fine album with merit.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 3, 2019 20:08

grzegorz67
Wild Slivovitz
Hairball
Streets of Love

That's easily the one.

I thought it was a hit single in Italy and they played it in Circus Massimo 5 years ago!

yes it was and yes they did,though that is not a certificate of it not being crap

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 3, 2019 20:10

AlmostHearYouSigh

i do agree

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 3, 2019 20:14

Streets of Love - never play this song on phone if at kennel trying to adopt puppy.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 3, 2019 20:21

I just came here to laugh at the people who want the thread taken down LOL

Date: May 3, 2019 20:25

mnewman505
The notion that the Stones wrote bad songs throughout their history is evidently highly traumatic information to some people here.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 3, 2019 20:25

DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

Definitely!! A Chuck Berry great, i had it on b-side of a CB 7", i guess likely Johnny B. Goode

Date: May 3, 2019 20:30

LeonidP
DandelionPowderman
LeonidP
DandelionPowderman

Definitely!! A Chuck Berry great, i had it on b-side of a CB 7", i guess likely Johnny B. Goode

Well, in fairness it's been a while since I listened to it smiling smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 3, 2019 20:38

Losing My Touch. Never a more apt title.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 3, 2019 20:47

keefriff99
mnewman505
The notion that the Stones wrote bad songs throughout their history is evidently highly traumatic information to some people here.

Well, in that vein, only my own choices would count. I don't want to get mixed up with nominated songs that I myself like or even love.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2019 20:57

Witness
keefriff99
mnewman505

Well, in that vein, only my own choices would count. I don't want to get mixed up with nominated songs that I myself like or even love.

Yes it's all personal opinion, but the notion this thread should be shut down because of "haters" is laughable.
You'd think this was the Mickey Mouse Club, and someone had the nerve to criticize Mickey himself! God forbid...

Date: May 3, 2019 21:12

maumau
AlmostHearYouSigh

i do agree

I don´t. Not at all "lifeless trash". One of the better latter-day-Stones-songs, i love to listen to it from time to time. Regarding Losing My Touch - it´s one of Keith´s strongest ballads ever, not much happening in the song, but the intensity reminds me of Bob Dylan´s finest moments on his masterpiece "Oh Mercy".

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 3, 2019 21:32

I'm surprised to see Out of Control here. One of their great live numbers.
I like Sex Drive too.

Back to Zero would be the worst for me.
Don't Stop is bad too.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:09

Surprised to see Saint of Me on this list.
Maybe you don't like it, but at least it's a *song*. It has lyrics with something to say, a regular structure ... it was something they worked on.
Their worst songs are the ones where Keith had a recycled riff and then Mick shouts/growls some lyrics he made up on the spot and then it fades out.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:17

sweet NeoCon, which somehow managed to be worse than Back to Zero.
T@3

Date: May 3, 2019 22:25

TeaAtThree
sweet NeoCon, which somehow managed to be worse than Back to Zero.
T@3

SNC - a somewhat underrated treasure, good vocals, nice guitars and drums and nice exotic flavor... maybe not everyone´s cup of tea, well it´s all personal opinions and I don´t like Moonlight Mile (for example).

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 3, 2019 22:31

Sweethearts together.......arggggggh!.............

I really liked Sweet neo con...........so utterly discordant it was perfect.....imo of course.......

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home