Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

hollywood bowl - some venue
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 9, 2005 16:51

what do you know about it ?

was there 5.10.
saw some backstage photos of hendrix, beatles etc

Re: hollywood bowl - some venue
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 9, 2005 20:21

ok so noone is interested in this topic, i change it,
(with the change that noone is interested in that either, which will of course be a social suicide for me on this webside) :

what is the best venue in N. America and why ?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 10, 2005 06:25

This place is absolutely unsuitable for a rock concert. I am right down the street and likely skipping these shows. Its a massive 18,000 outdoor ampthitheatre smack dab in the middle of a (high cost) residential neighborhood. There are severe noise restrictions so if you are in the back, all the bored people talking around you will drown out the music. Gawd forbid there is any wind going in the opposite direction or else the sound wont even make it back there. I might listen from the benches near the entrance since I will be closer to the PA than the back half of the venue.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: October 10, 2005 06:59

What is it suitable for then? Why is it so famous?

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 10, 2005 07:18

It's great for classical, jazz, show tunes type stff.
It's suited for that. It's nice to do the wine-cheese-picnic basket stuff
once, but no more than that. Ever since the Beatles played there,
it's prestigious to have a rock gig there. The parking is horrible, too.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 10, 2005 09:21

I agree with everything that Dan and tomk said. The only positive thing to be said is that they remodeled the venue prior to their 2004 season and they truly made improvements with the sound. I've been to quite a few rock shows there since that time and have been both close and pretty far back and I've noticed the sound does carry better to the back than before.

Whenever I go to a show, I plan ahead to have around a 3/4 mile walk before I am inside, because the parking is so atrocious. I park away and just walk in, but that's a pain as well. The March show at the Great Western Forum is by far the best of the 3 venues that the Stones are playing at in the L.A. area.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home