Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Movie 1987 running out of luck
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 20, 2019 16:44

keithsman
runrudolph
keithsman
Should have been called 'Running Out Of Talent'.

This is a low point for Julian Temple, even his considerable talent gets immobilized by the Jag.

The Jag...
Brilliant Brilliant. Great
jeroen

winking smiley yeah cheers lol, i wondered if anyone would notice smoking smiley

I think people noticed.. but no one wants to critize the Commander, The Jag.
you know that, its not allowed.
Jeroen

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 20, 2019 17:34

There was no way that MTV would have aired it without a lot of censors. Topless women, language etc. CBS was probably mortified when Julien Temple the director handed it in. It’s up to personal opinion whether Jagger delivered or not musically. The bottom line is that video killed the radio star by the mid eighties and the general public bought records based on visuals more than quality in reality. Jagger and the stones were old men being in their early forties. The young boys wanted to move like Michael Jackson and live out sexually fantasies with Madonna. LOL

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2019 18:50

JordyLicks96
Christiaan
runrudolph
Watched some bits on youtube. Greatfun. Esp where mick is in a brazilian shop. He says..im micky. Micky jagierro and there is a little boy dancing like him.
Real fun
Jeroen

Isn’t it strange? Is it right this is from 1987? All the songs are from She’s The Boss (1985) If you look at internet it says 1987. Primitive Cool, Micks second album is from 1987! So a bit weird....

It's weird the film came out in 1987, but according to Nico's "The Complete Works", it says that filming took place at the end of '84.

1st April onwards: MICK JAGGER. London. Shooting of a promo video. Director:
Julien Temple.
- Lucky In Love (MJ/Carlos Alomar)
Note: The finished promo video consists of newly shot scenes & footage filmed in Brazil in December 1984.

The word at the time (1984) was that the 45-minute promo video would contain 5 songs from the upcoming Mick's solo album. Some of the actors told years later that they were surprised when the movie was released, because they were hired to participate in a videoclip instead of a full length movie.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 20, 2019 19:10

Bashlets
There was no way that MTV would have aired it without a lot of censors. Topless women, language etc. CBS was probably mortified when Julien Temple the director handed it in. It’s up to personal opinion whether Jagger delivered or not musically. The bottom line is that video killed the radio star by the mid eighties and the general public bought records based on visuals more than quality in reality. Jagger and the stones were old men being in their early forties. The young boys wanted to move like Michael Jackson and live out sexually fantasies with Madonna. LOL

Well, I saw the whole thing (I don’t watch movies twice, and don’t own any of it, and don’t want to see it again)
But if you think Mick looked anything less than the best sex you’ll ever have in your life while rolling around with Ms. Rae,
I don’t know what to tell you.

(Where's Steffi for an ‘Amen’ lol)
Hope I’m remembering the correct movie ha ha bye

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-20 19:13 by 35love.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 20, 2019 19:17

35love

Well, I saw the whole thing (I don’t watch movies twice, and don’t own any of it, and don’t want to see it again)
But if you think Mick looked anything less than the best sex you’ll ever have in your life while rolling around with Ms. Rae,
I don’t know what to tell you.

(Where's Steffi for an ‘Amen’ lol)
Hope I’m remembering the correct movie ha ha bye

Oh, really? I may have to watch that again. Rockman, what time should I look for on the video to start the scene? cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2019 20:49

Spin magazine, November 1986

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2019 20:58

what time should I look for on the video to start the scene?

Around midnight just after you've
drawn the curtains and lit the candles ……….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: March 20, 2019 22:04

Date: March 20, 2019 22:35

…..so slutty …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 20, 2019 23:59

frankotero
For me it's the best Mick movie.

I can’t make a best Mick movie choice , He has so many Oscar worthy performances.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 21, 2019 00:28

virgil
frankotero

I can’t make a best Mick movie choice , He has so many Oscar worthy performances.

You're joking, right?

Date: March 21, 2019 01:22

Rockman

…..so slutty …..

I don’t like my man to wear more eye makeup than I do, but I guess he’s not my man, oh yeah that’s right it’s alright I got nasty habits I take tea @ 3.......

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 21, 2019 04:23

TooTough
"Julio, Julio, Julio, Julio, Julio, Julio...ah, here, that´s me! I mean: I´m him!!" (pointing at Through The Past Darkly cover).

Then dancing to BS and JJF: "Yeah, whoo..."

"That´s me...No?"

The greatest rockstar ever goes tongue in cheek... a great moment.

From LOVE YOU LIVE!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 21, 2019 22:33

runrudolph
keithsman
runrudolph
keithsman
Should have been called 'Running Out Of Talent'.

This is a low point for Julian Temple, even his considerable talent gets immobilized by the Jag.

The Jag...
Brilliant Brilliant. Great
jeroen

winking smiley yeah cheers lol, i wondered if anyone would notice smoking smiley

I think people noticed.. but no one wants to critize the Commander, The Jag.
you know that, its not allowed.
Jeroen

The Commander lol, Keith said it best when he calls him a control freak.

Date: March 21, 2019 22:42

Rockman

…..so slutty …..

Mick likes to camp it up doesn't he, it's not discussed much here but Mick is bisexual, i think seeing what happened to people like Freddie Mercury shocked Mick, he's dropped all that androgynous look with the clothes and make up etc.
At the time i didn't really notice how feminine Mick was but looking back it's plain to see, maybe this is what makes him so appealing to both sexes on a subconscious level.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 22, 2019 01:11

I love the Running Out of Luck movie. I particularly thought it was cool that someone would make a movie of their whole album. It's a great concept and I'm surprised more artist didn't follow.

There were some great scenes, "More English, More" the woman who had Mick in bed kept saying during She's the Boss. Mick, "No more!" TOO FUNNY!

I haven't seen the movie in years. There was some line when Mick and Jerry were having a spat, I think Jerry said to Mick, "You're so far up yourself, your inside out." Or some line like that. Too funny!

Whole movie: [www.facebook.com]

Julio Igesias!!!

Date: March 22, 2019 01:25

….. gypsy slutty ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 22, 2019 03:17

Stoneage
virgil
frankotero

You're joking, right?

You are Quite right Stoneage.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 22, 2019 03:39

keithsman
Mick, he's dropped all that androgynous look with the clothes and make up etc.

When the makeup made him look like an old woman, he ditched it.

Date: March 22, 2019 04:39

….. have you seen Bent ???

ROCKMAN

Date: March 22, 2019 05:36

gypsy slutty ….
Rockman picture eyes lined in black
the exception to every rule is always
Keith Richards.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 22, 2019 08:09

keithsman

Mick likes to camp it up doesn't he, it's not discussed much here but Mick is bisexual, i think seeing what happened to people like Freddie Mercury shocked Mick, he's dropped all that androgynous look with the clothes and make up etc.
At the time i didn't really notice how feminine Mick was but looking back it's plain to see, maybe this is what makes him so appealing to both sexes on a subconscious level.

Hmm... and seemingly making that observation does make some guys feel uncomfortable... and those will spend the rest of their lifes bashing Mick Jagger...

But Keef, he's completely straight.

I always thought that an immature fanboy mentality cannot quite explain the nonsense you bring up here. There needs to be another, more natural reason to make a grown man to behave like that...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-22 08:46 by Doxa.

Date: March 22, 2019 10:27

Doxa
keithsman

Hmm... and seemingly making that observation does make some guys feel uncomfortable... and those will spend the rest of their lifes bashing Mick Jagger...

But Keef, he's completely straight.

I always thought that an immature fanboy mentality cannot quite explain the nonsense you bring up here. There needs to be another, more natural reason to make a grown man to behave like that...

- Doxa

Ah so that's what it is, explains everything Doxtor Sigmund Freud winking smiley

Na sorry Doxy baby, in the words of Keef, i don't fancy bum smoking smiley

Date: March 22, 2019 10:56

Rockman
….. have you seen Bent ???

Curious name Bent ? Mick has done some strange things since the 70's

Am i the only one that got the impression he was coming out as bi in the 80's then changed his mind, realized it wasn't really for him, i suppose he sort of wanted to widen his audience and be all things to all people like Micheal Jackson or Prince, but that only served to distance his own audience, i don't know, but he did make some embarrassing mistakes when he went solo, i wonder what motivated him.
He's a clever bunch of guys and they all seem to agree that the safe bet is to stay alongside the Stones and do these mini tours, it keeps him fit and i hear the money's quite good too.

Date: March 22, 2019 15:57

Mick was Lord Mick starting his chain of children with Lady Jerry Hall in the decade of the 80’s, keithsman,
gathering homes
playing cricket
Changing nappies
He was going to ‘come out’ as bisexual?? Hardy Har Har! To Whom?? His butler?
He won’t admit his favorite color is blue to the press
let alone —-
Traditional ol Enlishmun I’d say. Until he tours. Then he’s a devil, I hear...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 22, 2019 16:31

Seems he had an affair with Bowie
Jeroen

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 22, 2019 16:32

keithsman, I take it you might be too young to have experienced the 60s and 70s when much experimentation was going on with, you know, sex and drugs...People could try out behaviors and styles without necessarily labeling themselves or others of one persuasion or another.

What I've read that Mick said was that as far as onstage goes, androgyny is easier to pull off when you're younger, the androgynous look that he became known for fairly early on.

Doxa, I agree on the appeal.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 22, 2019 16:34

GasLightStreet
TooTough
"Julio, Julio, Julio, Julio, Julio, Julio...ah, here, that´s me! I mean: I´m him!!" (pointing at Through The Past Darkly cover).

Then dancing to BS and JJF: "Yeah, whoo..."

"That´s me...No?"

The greatest rockstar ever goes tongue in cheek... a great moment.

From LOVE YOU LIVE!

2nd best scene of the whole movie - behind Rae, of course

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 22, 2019 16:35

Good to see you posting, angee

Date: March 22, 2019 23:52

runrudolph
Seems he had an affair with Bowie
Jeroen

And Rudolf Nureyev, Geraldo Rivera, Brian Jones , and countless others we don't know about no doubt.
Keith of course is completely straight winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home