Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A couple of questions
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 6, 2005 20:31

I've got a couple of questions regarding the new album... I don't get it... why do they start releasing these videoclips now? Streets Of Love was nr. 1 here in Holland, but it's dropped like a Stone. They can't give it any TV-airplay if there's no videoclip, can they? I mean, you can call it a bit unhandy, but a retarded cow could have figured out that they should have released it earlier?

Second: is there a chance there will be another single? I mean, realistically, would it be normal to release another single?

Re: A couple of questions
Date: October 6, 2005 21:06

They have always released at least two singles off every studio album since 1971, quite often they released three and sometimes even more. In the 1990s situation got out of hand when releasing the same single in various versions, mixes, coupled with songs from the back catalogue etc

So two singles are the absolute minimum. There will be another single. Some say it will be "Rain fall down". We will see.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: October 6, 2005 21:11

Maybe they just don't care much about commercial success of their new album.They have nothing left to prove.They probably just want to enjoy being a rock and roll band,working on new projects,filling stadiums etc.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: October 8, 2005 16:37

In that case the Stones wouldn't bother recording a video at all. They've released two last week. I agree with Reptile that's it's stupid to wait several weeks and depriving the single of screenplay. Now that SOL/RJ is on its way down, the videos won't be aired that much anymore.

Hopefully the new single (Rain Fall Down?) will be released witg the new clip ready.

e.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 8, 2005 16:42

How long do you think it'll take?

Posted by: Jack-flash ()
Date: October 8, 2005 17:01

Already with Don't stop they had problems. They released the single after the albums was released - mistake one. And then there was no video, they finally released one but it was too late, and to be honest that video wasn't something really special.

Now they release a single, worldwide except the US. I wanted to buy the single in Boston after the first show, but it wasn't relased yet. And a video ? Well they even started to shoot it after th fourth show. These are all mistakes that really shouldn't happen. Specially to an experienced band like the stones.

By the way also anybody seen my baby was never released in the US, and only god and the stones know why. Everywhere it was a hit but they just don't seem to care about this anymore.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 8, 2005 17:07

"...and it wont take long"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1592
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home