Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Bon Jovi offer Rolling Stones to open Wembley
Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:09

i know john,he would never say something this stupid.he would only offer to warm up the stones.fact.

john scialfa

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:21

Oh c'mon, of course they're kidding. The guys in BJ are pretty cool.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:31

hey keefriff,

The guys in Bon Jovi do seem like good guys. I've seen Richie Sambora on various talk shows and he is a likeable guy. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of their music.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:34

i always though Stones fans had a sense of humour. i guess not

1 Nil to Jovi

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 7, 2005 02:58

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But actually we shouldn't be mad at Bon Jovi but
> at the Stones for not being the first.

correct.

>i always though Stones fans had a sense of humour. i guess not
1 Nil to Jovi

sadly also correct

Posted by: Josh2131 ()
Date: October 7, 2005 05:40

His comment is pretty funny. Bon Jovi are able to laugh at themselves...they were great on Conan. I like Bon Jovi. They are not the greatest band, but they have some good music. I just bought there last album, it's pretty good.

Josh
np: ridin' - buckcherry

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: October 7, 2005 05:45

I think he's smart saying something like that to get Bon Jovi's name into the headlines.

I'm sure he knows people are realising he's being very tongue in cheek.

Well except for the hardcore one eyed people here it would seem.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 7, 2005 08:58

keefriff99 Wrote:
> Oh c'mon, of course they're kidding. The guys in
> BJ are pretty cool.

Of course they are kidding.And it's funny too. Put those remarks piss stones fans even more off now that they still don't know if the stones will be the first.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 7, 2005 12:19

That's pretty funny. I don't know why stonesfans get upset with this, it's just a joke.
All the guys in Bon Jovi are very likeable and can be really funny. I'm not a fan of the music, but these guys like to play and put their heart and soul in it... that's ok for me.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: October 7, 2005 12:46

The Stones were the first to be allowed to play at the old Wembley (as far as I can recall) They were the first to be allowed to play at Twickenham (I do not want to arise discussions about the quality of Twickenham).
So they all had it. If the the UK-leg does not fit them in and don't do it for obvious reasons. Mind you May and beg. June can be rainy days.
At the end I would love to see them play again at the arena which I enjoyed very much.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 7, 2005 12:48

Blimey guys, relax, it's obvious he was just making a light hearted comment, and you are shitting blood like he's Satan.

how old are the people on this board, that they are actually getting that upset over a flippant remark, you must all know that Bon jovi have a lot of respect for the Stones, and clearly knows that this would never happen, and here we have people about to have an anal prolapse over it.

Chill out, it's only rock 'n' roll remember!

Date: October 7, 2005 12:49

BowieStone Wrote:
> That's pretty funny. I don't know why stonesfans
> get upset with this, it's just a joke.

Yes, but we, as Stones fans, should've been making these jokes.Bon Jovi's management must be LOL (assuming they will be first). Till now they did a great job.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 7, 2005 13:00

"The Stones were the first to be allowed to play at the old Wembley (as far as I can recall)"

i don't think that's right mate

unless they did it before the Who ?

Date: October 7, 2005 13:24

Aucoin Wrote:
> Agree. Esp. the last three albums. It´s all the
> same sounding crap of pop rock tunes. But it works
> in stadiums. Saw them a couple of years ago (Crush
> Tour I guess) in a stadium and the crowd went nuts
> singin along all those "WHHHHHOA HOOOOOAH"
> refrains. The girls like it.

How come you know the three last album of them if they all suck?
How come you were in that stadium when they suck?
Ah, the girls like all those "WHHHHHOA HOOOOOAH" refrains.
So you must have been there because of the girls.
But these poor girls are just there to make WHHHHHOA HOOOOOAH because their guys go to Bon Jovi concerts instead of making them make WHHHHHOA HOOOOOAH elsewhere.
Such guys and such girls wouldn't agree but I don't mind.
Just f-u-c-k Bon Jovi till they make WHHHHHOA HOOOOOAH.

Date: October 7, 2005 13:32

I travelled to paris to see the Stones on the Voodoo lounge tour with a mate of mine, who was a big Bon jovi fan, as they were supporting.

I was telling my mate, that when we got on the coach, he was gonna be the odd one out, as it would be full of Stones fans, and was generally taking the piss out of him.

anyway, when we got on the coach a Watford Gap, the majority of the bus was clearly made up of Bon jovi fans, I was in the minority being a Stones fan which felt a bit weird.

anyhoo, we went to the gig, got to the front, and watched the show, thought Bon jovi were not bad, and can't recall any booing from where I was. However when the Stones came on, the heaven's opened, which I thought was fantastic as it added to the 'voodoo' experience.

got back on the bus and asked everyone what they thought and most of the people on the bus said they really enjoyed Bon jovi, but only watched a few Stones songs and the retreated to the safety of the bus. cripes!!!

Good gig though, had a blast.

Date: October 7, 2005 13:34

I've been thinking about this. and I think that it would be a @#$%& great idea if it happended!

lets face it, bon jovi are not the capitalist money grabbers like the Stones have become over recent years, so a ticket to go and see bon jovi at wembly will not be half the price of going to a stones gig, therefore it would mean a chance to go and see the stones without having to sell a kidney to fund the trip.

so I say, bring it on, come on stones - support Bon jovi, so I can get a ticket which doesn't cost an arm & a leg!

Posted by: welded ()
Date: October 7, 2005 13:52

Bon Jovi Standing ticket at Wembley £75!!! When did they get that popular - that's more than U2 to stand....they may not be at the money grabbing levels of the stones, but it seems they are "learning" from our boys...

Date: October 7, 2005 14:00

at least it's a standing ticket, you know the Stones will go for an all seating arrangement next time they play UK, which i think sucks, I prefer the festival seating style, offers a better atmosphere

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: October 7, 2005 14:06

Bon chochis? I hate hair-rock

Date: October 7, 2005 14:15

Monkeytonkman Wrote:
> at least it's a standing ticket, you know the
> Stones will go for an all seating arrangement next
> time they play UK, which i think sucks, I prefer
> the festival seating style, offers a better
> atmosphere

Agree absolutely. Anyone who wants to sit during a Stones concert should be banned from the venue. Exceptions only for the cripples and the ones high on dope. And for the girls of course, during the Keith song piss break.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: October 7, 2005 14:32

Everyone takes the piss out of Bon Jovi, but their last major tour sold more tickets than the 40 licks tour.

Posted by: Huge! ()
Date: October 7, 2005 15:12

Afternoon all,

First time here at IORR. Plenty of interesting threads to read.

I don't think either the Stones or The Who were first to play at the old Wembley as the stadium was built around 1930! The new stadium will be the biggest in Europe (approx 180,000 seats), the new indoor arena will hold 100, 000. So plenty of space.

Now, about all these rumours of the RS opening the new Wembley next summer. I commute into work with a guy who is responsible for outdoor events at Cambridge City Council. He is about 40, and has a long background in organising shows and gigs, knows a lot of promoters.

I asked him earlier this week if there was any truth in these rumours and he said "Categorically, no". What has happened with the construction of the new stadium is that some element of it has been incorrectly built and has to be or is being demolished and rebuilt.

Now the stadium, if it was built to schedule, would have opened around June 2006. That finish date is no longer applicable. I don't know how much time has been added to the construction but it seems that the builders will still be there when the Stones pass thru town.

But hey, there are plenty of other venues that can accommodate them such as the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff or Twickenham. Would you really want to watch a bunch of ants running around on a distant stage?

Thats what I know, Sorry if this news isn't well-received but thats the way it is. The builders have messed up.

H

Date: October 7, 2005 16:04

Huge,

so Bon Jovi won't play there june 11th? I think they will, tickets are on sale.
180.000 seats, indoor 100.000? Don't think so either.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 7, 2005 16:14

Us Stoners should take this in stride. The more ludicrous the remark is, the funnier it actually becomes. Those wellfed hairboys with their one chordchange and that rubber-hosed-deep-throat-guitarplayer from jersey are nobody.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 7, 2005 18:04

re: the posts about the Stones being the first band to play Wembley Stadium

Far from it

The Stones first played there in 1982. The Who played there in '79 I think and I believe that CSNY headlined an all day show there in 1974. There was also a rock n roll festival with the likes of Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee lewis etc in 1972 (the show was later televised)....I dont recall any shows prior to that. The venue was actually opened in 1923, not 1930.

The new stadium will have a capacity of 90,000 for football - not 180,000!! You can expect up to about 80,000 for a concert if the pitch was general admission (the seating capacity at the old stadium was originally 100,000 and then reduced to 82,000 when it became all seated. For concerts, with GA on the pitch the crowd limits were 72,000)

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: October 21, 2005 17:22

Bon Jovi will be the first band to play at the brand new Wembley Stadium and the world's greatest rock'n'roll band ever will be the first act playing the Bobcats Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina!!! I'd say the cowboy Jon Bon Jovi is the winner on every possible level regarding this matter. Michael Cohl probably missed this opportunity since he was too busy finding new ways to raise ticket prices, e.g using chairs on arena shows too, setting up a second b-stage.....

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 21, 2005 17:24

ICTJL Wrote:
> > Bon Jovi offer Rolling Stones opening slot
>
> Bon Jovi have cheekily offered The Rolling Stones
> a support slot at their concert opening London's
> brand new Wembley Stadium, after beating the rock
> veterans to land the gig.
>
> The selection of US band Bon Jovi over the British
> Stones to be the first group to play the UK's most
> prestigious stadium on 11 June next year (06)
> surprised music industry insiders.
>
> But singer Jon Bon Jovi doesn't mind allowing the
> Sir Mick Jagger-fronted veterans support his band
> at the concert.
>
> He says, "Well, it's booked, but if they really
> want to open the venue, they can go on before us.
>
> "I think that's a great idea."
>
> Bon Jovi were also the final act to play the
> historic venue prior to its demolition.
>
> Bron:
>
>

lol...Bon Jovi....pretty boy hair band!!!

Posted by: NoMistake ()
Date: October 21, 2005 17:44

thats the most stupid thing ive heard. what a poodle,haha

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 21, 2005 19:11

Nor do I. This is a non sense

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: October 21, 2005 19:17

Is there no way to install a block on the IORR site that just deletes anything with the word bonjovi?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home