Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: which "Stones moments" have made you laugh?
Posted by: gut ()
Date: October 6, 2005 19:21

During the Dirty Works sessions of 1985, the wimps of Duran Duran somehow get lucky enough to visit. Wnen one of those synthesizer wimps ask the Stones what they are doing.

Keith blasts: "It's called making Music, you snotty little turd"!!!

This one has got to be true --- Its so Keith.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 6, 2005 19:24

ed sullivan introducing the stones playing a song from their new album "Let It Be"......he musta been crocked again!...gets a chuckle every time

Posted by: barcelona ()
Date: October 6, 2005 19:30

a compilation of all that stuff would be one of the most hilarious things ever written.

Date: October 6, 2005 19:59

====compilation of all that stuff would be one of the most hilarious things ever written.====

Someone should get a book idea here, Barcelona.

Another more current story from the 90's - I distinctly remember watching Charlie and his quartet perform a number from Warm and Tender on "live with Regis and Kathy Lee" back in 1994. After, he begrudgingly had to do the interview with those twits, and the old queen asked Charlie about him being a huge football fan....and Charlie was amused and bemused to think someone would think he ever was. His reaction was priceless. He just giggled it off.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 6, 2005 21:28

Cook & Moore interview Jagger & Watts:
[rapidshare.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-06 21:55 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 6, 2005 22:29

And what about the Olympia gig in "Four Flicks"? The band's introduction is so funny! I enjoy when Mick asks Charlie to say something, and he replies: "I'd now like to sing, but they won't let me"!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 6, 2005 23:22

Wild Slivovitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And what about the Olympia gig in "Four Flicks"?
> The band's introduction is so funny!

I get a laugh out of the MSG intros as well when Mick's introducing the Lovely . . . Lavicious . . . Lisa . . . and Lisa's off sick that night. Charlie and Woody burst out laughing.

And then there's Mick's portrayal of Victor Vacendak in Freejack and his acting along side Emilio Estevez. Funny? Yes. Funny ha ha? Not so much.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 7, 2005 01:22

Yeah, now I remember a real funny one. On the Dirty Work release interviews at some hotel. Its available on video. Keith Richards looks when he takes a sip of the bottle his holding. It looks like he shivers and cant breathe for about a brief moment. When you look Keith making such a expression of a drink, you are very happy you dont have to taste it yourself. Wonder what it was?

Date: October 7, 2005 01:34

Here in better English: (Sorry)
Yeah, now I remember a real funny one. On the release of Dirty Work there was an interview-session at some hotel. Its available on video. The way Keith Richards looks when he takes a sip of the bottle he is holding is unbelievable. He seems to be shivering, and cant breathe for about a brief moment. When you look Keith making such a expression of a drink, you are very happy you dont have to taste it yourself. Wonder what it was?

Date: October 7, 2005 02:03

Ron & Charlie on saturday night live in '78 doing a skit in a burger joint...trying to order food from the cook, John Belushi

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: October 7, 2005 05:19

mick plays keith on snn; nailed it with the bandanas, shades and garbled speech

Date: October 7, 2005 06:50

I'll think I'll print and save this thread. I get a kick out of reading the different occasions the Stones have made me laugh...and its alot.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 8, 2005 03:42

This is a great thread, keep it alive!

I'd say in Four Flicks there are many laughable moments...for example:

* At the very start of the documentary, you see them all come out of limos but Ronnie comes out of a trailor.

*When Keith gets pissed in the studio (where the @#$%& am I, where the @#$%& am I?) - I laugh at this and I dont even know why. It almost looks like hes yelling at Charlie.

*Mick's high pitched voice when he tells Chuck not to get defensive (after he tells him he doesnt want 'Dont Stop' to sound too country)

These are just a few things I have found in this documentary but I have a ton of funny Stones moments I have come across (both including and not including this documentary). I also have a weird sense of humor, so I dont know if I should share some of them

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: October 8, 2005 04:33

Mick rolling his eyes and smirking after Keith tells him his guitar is too loud on the B-stage in the MSG (?) concert of Forty Flicks

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 8, 2005 05:09

Leonard Keringer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ron & Charlie on saturday night live in '78
> doing a skit in a burger joint...trying to order
> food from the cook, John Belushi

The best part is, they can absolutely not act.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: October 8, 2005 12:34

The Micky Jaggero bit, when Jagger does an impression of himself while holding thru the past darkly in some Brasilian store.

Jagger doing some 'peace-sign rehearsals' in the mirror of the Hotel before the Hyde Park show

Jagger's hair in 1975/1976

Bill Wyman's 'acting' in the rewind video

Charlie's introduction of the last time (in Hawaii 1966) after the allready played it 10 minutes before

(And the drummerboy story is real. Happend in ther Amstel Hotel, 1988 after a meeting. Keith's quote about being able to prevent Mick from falling thru the window and into the water after Charlie's punch MAY BE false......)

Posted by: michel ()
Date: October 8, 2005 13:18

there are so many, what do you think of the trousers mick is wearing at knebworth park during oa midnight rambler, and also during the end of the show, verry glammy, the whole show micks quite funny!!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 8, 2005 17:30

~ Mick at the Marquee in 71: "this one is dedicated to Harold Pendleton - Bitch!"
~ in 78 during Beast of Burden, when Keith confuses himself by singing it right :E
~ at Hampton 81, when Keith gazes into the camera and mouths a very solemn "hi Mom"

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: jackblitz ()
Date: October 8, 2005 20:07

jaggers movement during the solo of let it rock in fort worth 1978.he looks like a mad clown

Date: November 5, 2005 16:12

I got one more here: Listened to Dirty Workout yesterday. Its hillarious on "Sleep Tonight" when he sings "...all you gotta do is close your ass.." (instead of eyes) and he starts laughing. Thats funny.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: November 5, 2005 16:19

Bill telling everybody he 'wrote/created' JJF

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 5, 2005 16:19

the face that mick puts and how he moves on beast of burden, on the let's spend the night together film (at the end of the song: please have a look of that!). He's always funny!

Posted by: KYRIAKOS ()
Date: November 5, 2005 16:39

Forty Flicks-Dvd. And why does it make you a thicko.All this RGRTGRTKJ thing is weird sometimes. Could be Fast Forward as well!!

Posted by: Macman15 ()
Date: November 5, 2005 16:44

Pay Per View Miami 94. On the B Stage During "Angie" Mick sings "Wet Me Whisper In Your Ear" as Keith can be clearing seen laughing at him for his blunder!!!

B Stage 2003 HBO show from MSG when Keith is clearly pissed that mick is playing too loud and wants him turned down. I think its during "WTWCD"

Other laughable moments include the "Cock Dance" with Preston during the 76 Tour!!

And everytime Chuck Leavell runs out for his introduction.........the dude is WAAAY to comfortable for my liking!!!

Posted by: KYRIAKOS ()
Date: November 5, 2005 16:58

Mick in Olympia 2003: "On the banana, Ronnie Wood.....what a gesture(as Ronnie throws away the peel)...Slide on this(one of Ronnie's Lps)"

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: November 5, 2005 17:05

The whole band sometime in the 60's miming to "I Got You Babe", I'd love to see that clip again.

And I think from "Charlie is My Darling", Keith is sitting at the Piano and Mick says in a proper English voice, "and who do you think you are?", Keith snarls back, "Mick Jagger".

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: November 5, 2005 22:16

in '78 on "Sweet Little Sixteen" when Mick sings "tight dresses & tampex"

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 6, 2005 01:15

An obviously-pissed Mick introducing an obviously-drunk Wood as Ronnie "Rehab" Wood at Madison Square Garden this year.

Date: November 6, 2005 03:26

when Mick stuck his tongue on Ron Wood's mouth on Saturday Night Live 1978

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 6, 2005 03:38

Skelly, in the film "Charlie" it is Keith who says all of the above. Jagger is very drunk and messing around doing Elvis impressions. Keith is at the piano and (obviously playing to the camera) says "Who do you think you are? Mick Jagger?"

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home