Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help with Bit Torrent
Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: October 5, 2005 10:12

I have managed to download the Astoria show via bit torrent (my first attempt at this) and all the tracks are .FLAC which my PC cannot recognise, so I can't play or burn them. Is it possible to convert them to mp3 or wav files?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help with Bit Torrent
Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: October 5, 2005 10:45

Here we go again... there have been many posts on this. Just look a few days/weeks back, use the search function.
To be short: don't convert FLAC or SHN to mp3 and then burn to audio. It is like making a high quality picture with a 5 MegaPixel camera, compress the image to send it by e-mail to someone and then print the compressed picture on a poster format - something like that. You loose quality...
There are plug-ins available for Nero at

[www.bitburners.com]

Or you can use a burning software called BURNN at [www.burrrn.net]

This way you can burn directly the FLAC or SHN torrent files. These are compressed files [flac.sourceforge.net] (Lossless, so no audio information is lost like with mp3).

It is amazing that people are so easily satisfied with a lousy mp3 format. On an avarage computer speaker system you might not hear the difference but on any average audio system with decent speakers you do hear difference. But it is maybe a sign of the time that people are not interested in quality anymore.

Sjouke

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home