Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rolling stone ballet nyc 4/18/19
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: December 30, 2018 17:41

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 30, 2018 17:46

desertblues68
Rooster ballet

:-). Good!

Date: December 30, 2018 18:16

A lot of work with the shoes.
[m.youtube.com]
I’ve watched a few videos
inspiring fitness!

Date: December 30, 2018 19:17

And P.S.
I do like Melanie. I don’t know her, I have no inside anything, but as a super fan of Mick’s, what I have read/ watched,
I like her.

^not in a weird way all you freaks, genuinely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 19:25 by 35love.

Date: December 31, 2018 19:42

Speaking of Rolling Stones instrumental music, I peeled the plastic off my new

The Rolling Stones Black Box CD collection

‘Ruby Tuesday’ instrumental with count in
‘Yesterday’s Papers’ instrumental version
‘All Sold Out’ instrumental version w/ Keith slide
‘Let’s Spend The Night Together’ instrumental version
‘Paint It Black’ instrumental March 1966

Not that I’m opposed to Mick’s voice Ha Ha Ha

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 31, 2018 20:42

One would think that Mick is going to be there on opening night (of the ballet). But he's not, is he?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 31, 2018 20:49

Rokyfan
One would think that Mick is going to be there on opening night (of the ballet). But he's not, is he?

Don't know yet, unless you have more info.
Less than a three hour flight from NY to Miami, seems likely to me.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 31, 2018 23:54

MisterDDDD
Rokyfan

Don't know yet, unless you have more info.
Less than a three hour flight from NY to Miami, seems likely to me.

You mean you don't know yet? Obviously I have no info, I get my info here. It is just that it would be kind of astonishing to me that Mick would be in NYC for a ballet premiere two days before the opening of the tour, notwithstanding the length of the flight.

This is just a joke, I am glad Keith quit when he did, but I do think we would have had some more good quotes had he learned of the ballet project before swearing off the nuclear waste.

Date: January 1, 2019 01:45

LOL a bunch of male Stones fans know the premier date of the NYC ballet?

OMG too much

Edit^ too much as in WTF. If it’s all a hoax, so not cool. Lots of press say it is. Who gives a hoot? Has Mick ever not been prepared on time taking names and numbers opening night?

Too much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-01 02:00 by 35love.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 1, 2019 02:10

Why would it be a hoax or which part is a hoax? What am I missing?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: January 1, 2019 02:38

He’s not dancing in the ballet, is he? Oh don’t tease. If he attends, he’ll slide in heavily secured and slide out 3 hours tops standing and seating. He doesn’t even have to speak if he doesn’t feel like it.

How would that interfere with opening concert days later?

Date: January 1, 2019 03:08

copy from above:
“This is just a joke, I am glad Keith quit when he did, but I do think we would have had some more good quotes had he learned of the ballet project before swearing off the nuclear waste.”

Because taking a pirate job for Disney is more in line with ‘tough RS’ ?

(((HO just being sassy I love the Glimmers)))

Date: January 1, 2019 04:11

35love
desertblues68
Rooster ballet

:-). Good!

Yeah good - but there´s so much more to create - bring it on, bring it on to the public....express yourself Melanie Hamrick in your own style....it won´t be a new invention, but a contribution to art and that´s a lot....

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 1, 2019 11:18

I hope Melanie can cast them for her ballet

Roberto Bolle

Calvin Royal III

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-01 11:24 by desertblues68.

"Porte Rouge" - Rolling Stones Ballet
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 28, 2019 17:15

Ballerina Melanie Hamrick Celebrates Her Newest Work: A Ballet With Moves Like Jagger

February 27, 2019
by Lilah Ramzi

“I just let Melanie do her thing,” said Mick Jagger of his latest project: a ballet set to the tunes of The Rolling Stones. He’s referring to his partner who he shares a son with, the American Ballet Theater corps de ballet member, Melanie Hamrick. “She picked all the songs and did all of the choreography.”

Last night, the couple, along with a smattering of New York’s most graceful ballerinas (Calvin Royal III, April Giangeruso, Herman Cornejo, Brittany DeGrofft) gathered at the tip top of Chelsea’s Moxy hotel, in the not-yet-opened Fleur Room, a cocktail bar serving up Manhattans with a backdrop of Manhattan’s most famous skyscrapers (the Empire State Building is visible in all its glory). Hosted by Joanna Defelice, the party gave the dancers an opportunity to come together outside the dance studio to toast the new production.

Though Hamrick is no stranger to the stage (she matriculated through the School of American Ballet before landing at ABT over 10 years ago) this marks her first foray into choreography. “We’re in the final stages now, so it’s just rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal!”

About which songs audiences can expect, Jagger maintained a tight lip. “I’m not sure she’d want me telling you; you’ll just have to see it for yourself!” This writer certainly will, though not until April 18 when the production, thematically named Porte Rouge, (or red door...perhaps to be painted black?) makes its stateside premiere at the Youth America Grand Prix’s Spring Gala at David Koch Theater in Lincoln Center after it will debuts at Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg, Russia on March 24.

And while The Rolling Stones on pointe sounds novel, balletomanes may remember a certain Christopher Bruce-choreographed piece from 1991 by the name of Rooster—a jaunty piece inspired by Jagger’s famous twitchy chicken dancing. However, this piece will benefit from a more direct participation from Jagger and company, who lent their expertise on all matters of costume and set design. It might appear that, for those all those Rolling Stones fans, you can always get what you want.

[www.vogue.com]

Date: February 28, 2019 17:21

Splendid! Wonderful picture, Congratulations Melanie!

Date: February 28, 2019 23:42

35love
Splendid! Wonderful picture, Congratulations Melanie!

Yes! smiling smiley

Date: March 1, 2019 02:37

The performance (ballet, that is!) is for charity. It sounds lovely, and another very pretty picture-
[www.townandcountrymag.com]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 1, 2019 03:03

I hope they do some rock and roll # like "Rocks OFF", "Dance little sister dance" or "StarStar"; mix it up a little bit,lets the ballerinas have some fun!

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 1, 2019 03:13

Tie You Up (The Pain Of Love) would be savage ta watch …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: spiderman ()
Date: March 1, 2019 03:30

Rollmops and the Rockman, I'm with you both.....
you gotta move, ballet is raw athleticism, just add the sex and rock n roll

Date: March 1, 2019 03:34

LD …. loves savage ballet tooooooo

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 1, 2019 03:34

So very interested in this; think it's super great that it's happening.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 03:49 by hopkins.

Date: March 1, 2019 04:14

hopkins
I think this is fascinating; i'm available if they need a frugger btw.
anyway, if this was a Charlie Watts Dance Spectacular, well, that would be the ticket for hops. you see that ace boogie woogie? you seen that ace shake his keister really fast like a stripper, man? I had to listen to Gillian Welch Elvis Presley Blues over and over and over after seeing that. like a midnight rambler baby like a harlem queen oh that charlies got it, alright.
mick has to take lessons like a girl. charlie shakes it down;
he'd give the King heart attack if He ever saw it.
The King should have coverd more stones songs btw.
He only covered none.
haha imagine the colonel telling mick that elvis would own half the publishing forever if they cut something.
lol, mick would have just been drooling stunned, like sure man that's gonna happen; as soon as i get back to france i'll giv a jingle mate...
yeh Charles.

i'm pretty interested in this. I'd like what inspires her choreography with
rock and roll when so classically trained and gifted. It could be pretty exciting. I'd seen Alvin Ailey in residence around the time of the '69 tour, with a part time job at the Academy of Music in Brooklyn while going to school...and it was fascinating to experience a cutting edge contemporary troupe with classial chops. It wasn't the kind of art I'd been exposed to growing up; and always thought it very starch and arch, and proper, which it is I guess; it's a higly technical area of operations and effort; and an athletic one. I'ts great he's found someone he can encourage and promote and enjoy while the baby is growing up.
I think it's real exciting that this is happening. Hoping for the best
as far as something I'd love...but it's a no-lose sitch; it's a grand and good thing to express music this way; i find it fascinating. and it's true with me, that old cliche, as i get older i do take time to appreciate lassical musics more and more; and find myself going back to Rockman period jump blues and boogies from the earliest fifties and then back from there....
it's a grand thing these American musics...
i was listening to Frankie Miller jam with Rory Gallagher at an old
concert they had in Germany; playing American music.
and i glowed for a moment about the great stylistic merges in our musics and cultures and art forms; obviously with Dance program inspired by Stones music...I'm not sure if Frankie is UK or Scottish; Rory was a great Irishman; and here they are playing to exuberant rockin' Germans; and it's Chuck stuff from the mid south of America with such deep roots.. one of those moemnts when you felt really good about loving the music we love...
.... and really, really tough-hearted, soulful and rolling; and it just felt so good.

i wanna see creative dancers in this medium really 'take off' on the rock rhythms and jump rhythms; i'm hoping for the best but trying not to lead with expectations; i'm not knowing enough about any of this Art form, except what personally seems to move and fascinate me; I don't expect modern dance or presentation of this style and that like that kind of revue.
it will be interesting to see her thematic directions; and I'll treat this as if she's a poet or something; and leave myself totally open for it;
i think it's charming just that it's happening.
a LOT DOES about the history of popular dance; and body language in general actually. Mick's an ace. he hung with the best mimes and ballet dancers while stll so young himself. good news!
I still think the world owes the Ike and Tina Turner Revue an Eternal vote of thanks for that explosive energy erupting in your face like that.
i think we ALL missed out on the roaring 20's. well here we go again, let's boogie down.
Hopkins few weeks ago I worked at a party with 300 guests in DC for the Washington Ballet. That night I worked on the floor, attending a food station. It was a party to launch a new production "sleeping Beauty" All the dancers(male and female) were having a great time dressed cool, sexy . All of them in their 20's young beautiful and rocking. They danced on the dance floor to the DJ's music. A couple of them were amazing, pulling some @#$%& dance moves that were unbelievable. I could not believe my eyes how those very very well trained dancers used their classically trained technique and improvised among themselves to club music.It reminded me of "Saturday Night Fever" all the guests stopped, watched and cheered.
Rockandroll,
mops

Date: March 1, 2019 06:03

Mick Jagger Reveals What it's Like to Collaborate With His Girlfriend, Melanie Hamrick. (Exclusive Interview with Mick and Melanie)
"The couple are working together to bring rock 'n roll to ballet".
February 28, 2019. By Charlotte Chilton
[www.townandcountrymag.com]

Date: March 1, 2019 15:51

rollmops
hopkins
I think this is fascinating; i'm available if they need a frugger btw.
anyway, if this was a Charlie Watts Dance Spectacular, well, that would be the ticket for hops. you see that ace boogie woogie? you seen that ace shake his keister really fast like a stripper, man? I had to listen to Gillian Welch Elvis Presley Blues over and over and over after seeing that. like a midnight rambler baby like a harlem queen oh that charlies got it, alright.
mick has to take lessons like a girl. charlie shakes it down;
he'd give the King heart attack if He ever saw it.
The King should have coverd more stones songs btw.
He only covered none.
haha imagine the colonel telling mick that elvis would own half the publishing forever if they cut something.
lol, mick would have just been drooling stunned, like sure man that's gonna happen; as soon as i get back to france i'll giv a jingle mate...
yeh Charles.

i'm pretty interested in this. I'd like what inspires her choreography with
rock and roll when so classically trained and gifted. It could be pretty exciting. I'd seen Alvin Ailey in residence around the time of the '69 tour, with a part time job at the Academy of Music in Brooklyn while going to school...and it was fascinating to experience a cutting edge contemporary troupe with classial chops. It wasn't the kind of art I'd been exposed to growing up; and always thought it very starch and arch, and proper, which it is I guess; it's a higly technical area of operations and effort; and an athletic one. I'ts great he's found someone he can encourage and promote and enjoy while the baby is growing up.
I think it's real exciting that this is happening. Hoping for the best
as far as something I'd love...but it's a no-lose sitch; it's a grand and good thing to express music this way; i find it fascinating. and it's true with me, that old cliche, as i get older i do take time to appreciate lassical musics more and more; and find myself going back to Rockman period jump blues and boogies from the earliest fifties and then back from there....
it's a grand thing these American musics...
i was listening to Frankie Miller jam with Rory Gallagher at an old
concert they had in Germany; playing American music.
and i glowed for a moment about the great stylistic merges in our musics and cultures and art forms; obviously with Dance program inspired by Stones music...I'm not sure if Frankie is UK or Scottish; Rory was a great Irishman; and here they are playing to exuberant rockin' Germans; and it's Chuck stuff from the mid south of America with such deep roots.. one of those moemnts when you felt really good about loving the music we love...
.... and really, really tough-hearted, soulful and rolling; and it just felt so good.

i wanna see creative dancers in this medium really 'take off' on the rock rhythms and jump rhythms; i'm hoping for the best but trying not to lead with expectations; i'm not knowing enough about any of this Art form, except what personally seems to move and fascinate me; I don't expect modern dance or presentation of this style and that like that kind of revue.
it will be interesting to see her thematic directions; and I'll treat this as if she's a poet or something; and leave myself totally open for it;
i think it's charming just that it's happening.
a LOT DOES about the history of popular dance; and body language in general actually. Mick's an ace. he hung with the best mimes and ballet dancers while stll so young himself. good news!
I still think the world owes the Ike and Tina Turner Revue an Eternal vote of thanks for that explosive energy erupting in your face like that.
i think we ALL missed out on the roaring 20's. well here we go again, let's boogie down.
Hopkins few weeks ago I worked at a party with 300 guests in DC for the Washington Ballet. That night I worked on the floor, attending a food station. It was a party to launch a new production "sleeping Beauty" All the dancers(male and female) were having a great time dressed cool, sexy . All of them in their 20's young beautiful and rocking. They danced on the dance floor to the DJ's music. A couple of them were amazing, pulling some @#$%& dance moves that were unbelievable. I could not believe my eyes how those very very well trained dancers used their classically trained technique and improvised among themselves to club music.It reminded me of "Saturday Night Fever" all the guests stopped, watched and cheered.
Rockandroll,
mops

pretty exciting; i had edited that long rant way down to just a line, because i'm not educated about dance but would like to be moreso. thanks for this!!
also had a similar expesriences all thru my life. didn't want to go into
it in the post i had deleted but at 18 I was only
a couple of years younger than a lot of the Ailey dancers; we were generational peers...we saw each other every night and there were good friendships and parties,,,very postive;
it's thrilling to hear your story; good fun, thank you. even recently, very recently, cuz now i'm old and have been banged up here on knees and shoulders and me old back thru the years.
and young dance artist (and classically trained teacher tho only early 20's herself),
has been helping me with basic 'fortification' exercises, which start with very simple basic ballet positions.
it's more, for me who only dances for fun when a good bands playing at a local bar, and not with any big or fancy moves....
...more about getting into the fight position, (freudian slip I had meant RIGHT position, but it's a good analogy)

and focusing on the lower abdomen close to pubic bone, and she has me breathing certain exercises while doing it.
i don't do it with regular discipline except for very two very basic positions and mostly breathing correctly while doing so; then when used to it, i started trying to use bits of this while singing and playing; i'm sort of back into songwriting and making demos in me old age for fun.
i'm 67 and never felt so centered on balance and flexible, ready to move lightning fast instinctively. uh, don't get me wrong, it's not the same tough physical reserve I had naturally at 40 and 50...but i'm hoppy, so things just get more powerful and connected. it's a dirty job but someones got to do it.
i just heard the new stones album has been held back to 2062 for the hundreth and i've got other plans my doctors tell me.

i don't mean anything fancy on the dance floor or james bond moves in the city crowds, more like limpin' along lol but...; just get to and away from things quickly in dense crowds or anywhere else. easily and confidently.
I can go backwards really fast and side to side, (not dance moves, just walking around with a part of a tree over your shoulder attached to steel strings that have tuning machines)...nothing showy for me personally; and this young woman had that same ebullience and good positive happy rockin' spirit; i am really liking this new generation that are early 20's or late teens right now; i'm very hopeful. i think my own generation and subsequent ones are hypnotized and ungrounded genearally.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 1, 2019 15:52

"Collaborate"...
so that's what the kids call it these days

Date: March 1, 2019 15:59

[www.youtube.com]
Veteran Blues Singer Trudy Lynn Loves to Collaborate

some long island (new york) guy in texas blowing
his harmonica at the end of the clip; almost frighteningly agressive monster playing. sweet tale too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-01 16:02 by hopkins.

Date: March 1, 2019 22:01

The concept of classically-trained professional dancers crossing over to perform to rock and roll/ rolling stones music is cool. I just hope that they underplay the ballerina approach and embrace the wild side of rock and roll. It is just a wish because I don't think that is going to happen. Good luck to her and Mick.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: March 1, 2019 23:05

I was making love last night
To a dancer friend of mine
I can't seem to stay in step
Come every time that she pirouettes over me

………………………
Rocks Off -- Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home