Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rolling stone ballet nyc 4/18/19
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 2, 2019 00:02

DiegoGlimmerStones

Mick Jagger Reveals What it's Like to Collaborate With His Girlfriend, Melanie Hamrick. (Exclusive Interview with Mick and Melanie)
"The couple are working together to bring rock 'n roll to ballet".
February 28, 2019. By Charlotte Chilton
[www.townandcountrymag.com]
Nonsense Interview. Absolutely Nothing....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2019 00:27

mmmmmm Yeah ^^^^^^^

Talking Loud and Saying Nothing ….. James Brown ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 2, 2019 00:27

Looks like a Franz Kline painting above, though hard to say if that one is an original.
He usually painted much larger, and there are many who've attempted to copy his style.

As for the ballet, still sounds goofy and boring to me (ballet and Stones music seems an odd pairing), but will keep an open mind and see what it's all about lol....

Re: "Porte Rouge" - Rolling Stones Ballet NYC, April 2019
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 13, 2019 20:17

"Melainie Hamrick being photographed by the New York Times for a style section story on her new choreography for her Rolling Stone ballet for YAGP at the Lincoln Center on April 18th - buy your tickets ASAP"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 13, 2019 23:55

Hairball
Looks like a Franz Kline painting above, though hard to say if that one is an original.
He usually painted much larger, and there are many who've attempted to copy his style.

As for the ballet, still sounds goofy and boring to me (ballet and Stones music seems an odd pairing), but will keep an open mind and see what it's all about lol....

about the Kline: it does look like a small Kline, but whatever..

how nice if there's some artist who, riffing on Kline, gets paid nicely to load a big brush and slash some black marks and fat strokes on a canvas.. of course being mindful of what 'not to play'..

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 14, 2019 00:17

Franz Kline
Blue Berry Eyes
[americanart.si.edu]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 28, 2019 16:38

Russian ballet moves like Jagger in Stones-inspired show

ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) - A ballet set to music by The Rolling Stones and choreographed by Mick Jagger’s ballerina girlfriend has premiered in Russia.

The eight-minute “Porte Rouge” (Red Door) show, inspired by the veteran British singer’s zany dance style, delighted a packed crowd at St Petersburg’s famous Mariinsky Theatre on Tuesday night.

Jagger’s partner Melanie Hamrick, a U.S. dancer, masterminded the production featuring classic Stones tracks “Paint it Black,” “Sympathy for the Devil” and “She’s a Rainbow”.

“I tried to incorporate that feel of just the love of dance and the enjoyment when he is in concert,” Hamrick said.

“He has a very unique way of moving, a very free way of moving, so I tried to capture the essence of that.”

Jagger, now 75, curated the music and helped whittle down the tracklist from the Stones’ litany of hits.

“Very impressive, it is interesting to see the songs we all know in this style. The choreography is original, so it was very cool, I think,” said spectator and dancer Nicolas Mackay.

Video - [www.reuters.com]

[www.reuters.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 28, 2019 18:23

There was a clip on this morning's NBC News about the ballet debuting in Russia I think and the clip they showed was typical ballet dancing but the one dancer was doing Mick stage moves which was pretty interesting seeing those moves by someone other than Mick Jagger .

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 28, 2019 19:19

Thanks for the updates
Did not know 8 minutes perfect for my attention span
nor Melanie would be Dancing of course she is beautiful
It struck me as a tribute/ love letter to Mick..

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 28, 2019 19:40

I must say she looks good. Perfect body of course. Not much taller than little Commander. Only 43 years younger than Sir Michael. Which is not much these days.
Among Sir Michael's latest 10-15 girlfriends she's clearly the best looking.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 2, 2019 18:32

Here is video of the performance at Mariinsky Saint Petersburg,
[www.youtube.com]
Starting at 2:06

Can buy tickets
[davidhkochtheater.com]
April 18 or April 19

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 2, 2019 20:35

That was pretty cool actually.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 08:14

artedm
Here is video of the performance at Mariinsky Saint Petersburg,
[www.youtube.com]
Starting at 2:06

Can buy tickets
[davidhkochtheater.com]
April 18 or April 19

She’s A Rainbow was amazing.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 3, 2019 10:09

Thanks for updating this thread, since I didn't catch it earlier.

First the Stones introduced me to the blues, now they introduce myself into the realm of ballet...grinning smiley

Sounds good but not quite true, but it was interesting to see the Mariinsky performance, thanks for the clip! My expertise on ballet doesn't allow me to say more about the artistic value of it, so all I can basically say is that 'It's only ballet but I liked it'. Well, I have some friends knowing better that field, so I am keen on asking their take on it. The fact that it is shown in the legendary Mariinsky theatre, that alone guarantees that there is some substance in it (although I've heard that the theatre isn't quite it used to be).

I especially liked "Paint It Black" (though music curator - why didn't you use the original instead?). The guys didn't move like Jagger as individuals but their act as together left a kind of Jaggerian impression, of that 'unique free way of moving' Melanie said she was aiming for.

- Doxa

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 3, 2019 15:14

Stoneage
I must say she looks good. Perfect body of course. Not much taller than little Commander. Only 43 years younger than Sir Michael. Which is not much these days.
Among Sir Michael's latest 10-15 girlfriends she's clearly the best looking.
I’m sure she’d be touched to know you think this eye rolling smiley

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 3, 2019 16:35

Just watched it and I must say I was really pleased with it. Would like to have the opportunity to see it live in London, Sadler's Wells would be the ideal venue for it and could part of a short modern choreography programme. The steps were classical in their inspiration inot most of the programme, and more free and contemporary in Paint it Black. A very good debut, would like to see more in the future The piece got a fantastic reception from a crowd that really know ballet. When I started getting into classical ballet a couple of years ago, after having seen a number of contemporary pieces over the years, I was sitting next to 2 Russian ladies and they were very helpful explaining me the story and the positions. Well done Melanie!

Date: April 19, 2019 19:34

Mick at Lincoln Center, NYC - 4/18

Splash News

[pagesix.com]

Date: April 19, 2019 20:08

Rolling Stones-inspired ballet debuts in New York

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 20, 2019 13:13

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 20, 2019 18:44

So Keith was not there?

Date: April 21, 2019 01:48

The comments on the youtube video are not very nice. People commenting on her voice instead of honouring her work... well, that´s not fair!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-21 01:51 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 22, 2019 05:24

Moves like Jagger: Rolling Stones-inspired ballet debuts in New York
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 29, 2019 22:07

[www.youtube.com]

(19 Apr 2019) MOVES LIKE JAGGER: ROLLING STONES-INSPIRED BALLET DEBUTS IN NEW YORK Mick Jagger is fighting fit following his recent heart valve replacement procedure. In response to a question asking if the singer was doing well since undergoing surgery, Jagger's girlfriend Melanie Hamrick told The Associated Press: "Yes. Of course. Thank goodness. Absolutely." Hamrick was speaking Thursday night (18 APRIL 2019) at the opening of her new ballet "Porte Rouge" (Red Door) at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York. The show was choreographed by Hamrick, who is a ballet dancer, and set to three The Rolling Stones songs: "Sympathy For The Devil," "She's a Rainbow" and "Paint It Black." Jagger helped mix the music and provided a live introduction to the show from behind the curtain. "He wanted to watch the piece," said Hamrick after the performance. "It was really special he was there and able to see it." Hamrick's ballet featured as part of the Youth America Grand Prix's 20th-anniversary gala held at Lincoln Center's David H. Koch Theater. The annual event features performances from up-and-coming dancers, alongside established stars, and is the world's largest student ballet competition, with over $500,000 in scholarships presented annually.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1185
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home