Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
"Porte Rouge" - Rolling Stones Ballet NYC, April 2019
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: December 27, 2018 06:00

[pagesix.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-04 23:36 by bv.

Re: Rolling stone ballet nyc 4/18/19
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 27, 2018 07:39

... also featuring a dance performance by Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 27, 2018 08:05

Guess my road trip to Miami will go through New York.

plexi

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 27, 2018 14:55

If Mick's putting time & energy into this stuff...

... is it any surprise that we ain't seeing a new stones album ?

Not saying he's in the wrong...but it's very symptomatic of the whole situation .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-27 16:35 by Spud.

Date: December 27, 2018 15:19

The horror

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 27, 2018 15:31

pretty cool, thanks for posting.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 27, 2018 15:34

Good on Mick.
Nice to see him collaborating both professionally and personally with Melanie.
Like with L'Wren, he seems very supportive of his partners career.

Hope it's a huge success for her, and while the article didn't say how long the ballet would be performing ( I know zero about ballet cool smiley) this would perhaps be something I would try to see with my wife and daughter while were there for the concerts.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 27, 2018 21:36

Yawn...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 27, 2018 21:38

So respectable...

Date: December 27, 2018 23:48

Great! I like it. Hope their collaboration will be successful, both personally and professionally ..and of cause creatively....

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: December 28, 2018 05:34

Mick, on pointe???!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: December 28, 2018 10:10

There is already a prety good and successful ballet by Christopher Bruce ( Rooster) using stones music. It will be interesting to see if Melanie hamrick is a good enough choreographer to pull this off

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: December 29, 2018 07:41

She should be able to do as well or better.

Mick Jagger curating ballet
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: December 27, 2018 21:45

Re: Mick Jagger curating ballet
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 27, 2018 23:40

Already here: [iorr.org]

Date: December 30, 2018 05:21

Rolling Stones Fans....Why aren´t you interested in this topic ??

The Stones are much more than a band.

And besides the tour, working for new music, making films, enjoying private life there are some other Rolling Stones topics, that are interesting..even if it´s only Mick with a new project he´s doing with the mother of his child or may be his girlfriend...

I have the impression even Tim Ries Rolling Stones Project got more attention on this board...and this makes me wonder or says it all...

There´s a certain hierarchy on here that I do not like..not only concerning topics...Just saying, but I think this will be ignored also....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 06:02 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: December 30, 2018 05:49

ThroughTheLonelyNights

Because it’s ballet.

Date: December 30, 2018 06:05

HomerSimpson
ThroughTheLonelyNights

Because it’s ballet.

and the Tim Ries Project is Jazz.....and everybody went to the gig in order to catch somebody Stones related...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 30, 2018 06:26

You're unhappy with the hierachy at work because we're not more excited about a Stones ballet that no one knows much about yet?

You think Tim Ries gets more posts? Interesting. Have you done studies on posts for Symphonic Music of The Rolling Stones for comparison? What about Reggae tribute albums or Blues tribute albums? How do those measure to Tim Ries?

Personally, I would be more interested in reading a fully-engaged and excited and knowledgeable ballet and Stones fan who wants to post about how this latest example of cross-cultural marketing has them excited. Then I might learn something of interest. Until then, I'll not think much about it until there are more articles. I imagine most of us feel the same.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 30, 2018 06:29

This is a Rolling Stones Board and as I said they are much more than a Rock n Roll band....and therefore discussions and topics should have a certain variety, most likely üp to date what´s happening...And that´s not only about the music all the time....imho...

Date: December 30, 2018 06:42

Rocky Dijon
You're unhappy with the hierachy at work because we're not more excited about a Stones ballet that no one knows much about yet?

You think Tim Ries gets more posts? Interesting. Have you done studies on posts for Symphonic Music of The Rolling Stones for comparison? What about Reggae tribute albums or Blues tribute albums? How do those measure to Tim Ries?

Personally, I would be more interested in reading a fully-engaged and excited and knowledgeable ballet and Stones fan who wants to post about how this latest example of cross-cultural marketing has them excited. Then I might learn something of interest. Until then, I'll not think much about it until there are more articles. I imagine most of us feel the same.

My approach to art is totally different - I don´t care about studies and so on - I am female and the most important thing to me is that something affects me emotionally and that´s why I am a long time fan of the Stones - and I am not only interested in their music, but all that comes along with it...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 30, 2018 07:15

ThroughTheLonelyNights
Rocky Dijon

My approach to art is totally different - I don´t care about studies and so on - I am female and the most important thing to me is that something affects me emotionally and that´s why I am a long time fan of the Stones - and I am not only interested in their music, but all that comes along with it...

I’m a female too but that doesn’t mean it’s all emotions? Is that what you’re saying? Are you indicating you want to know what I think?
I have a CD of instrumental RS songs, 3, with Charlie Watt.
I envision that type of orchestra music paired with fit dancers telling a story to it. I hope it sells out NYC. That’s all I got.

Date: December 30, 2018 07:42

35love
ThroughTheLonelyNights
Rocky Dijon

I’m a female too but that doesn’t mean it’s all emotions? Is that what you’re saying? Are you indicating you want to know what I think?
I have a CD of instrumental RS songs, 3, with Charlie Watt.
I envision that type of orchestra music paired with fit dancers telling a story to it. I hope it sells out NYC. That’s all I got.

Of course beeing female doesn´t mean it´s all about emotions - but sometimes it makes statements clearer.

I also have a CD with Charlie Watts and his orchestra and other CDs with RS instrumental songs, but do not understand what you try to say. I have the impression you have another issue, but I do not want to argue because ....gimme shelter is my favorite and .."it´s just a kiss away"...

Date: December 30, 2018 08:07

LOL. I don’t have another issue.

I am a positive person. I am not qualified, however, to discuss ballet. So I am just guessing top quality orchestra music with fit professional dancers. Lights, costumes, lovely.

Don’t know what else to say? That all the info so far...
and I am sincere I hope it’s a smash success!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 30, 2018 08:31

Short of connecting it to Melanie and to the lyrics of "Rocks Off," I don't think anything other than this is another of Mick's efforts to reach beyond the core audience and drive additional revenue streams. Good for him and the band. Good for Melanie. I'm not sure I'll actually care much about it, but I'll read about it when someone has something to share.

Date: December 30, 2018 08:42

Most people are not qualified to discuss ballet. We don´t need to discuss ballet, but isnt´t it nice that Mick supports Melanie Hamrick for this project. I like it and wish her full success!!

Date: December 30, 2018 08:51

I was always thinking that for example "Continental Drift" is underrated, and supposed to be a great opener somewhere...may be for the ballet....that would be great!!!...we will see....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 09:30 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: December 30, 2018 11:31

Ballet can be an incredibly beautiful and emotional experience, both in the classic and contemporary form. Have started getting into it in more depth for the last two years since the Mariinsky came to London, although I have dipped into contemporary for years. You can be a Rocker and a ballet fan.

one of my favourite ballerinas

Akhram Khan Giselle

Take me to Church

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 17:38 by desertblues68.

Date: December 30, 2018 14:19

I think this ballet gives MICK something to do with his baby-mama. A family project that shows off Melanie's talents and showcases Rolling Stones music is a win-win for both of them.

Date: December 30, 2018 17:15

ThroughTheLonelyNights
Most people are not qualified to discuss ballet. We don´t need to discuss ballet, but isnt´t it nice that Mick supports Melanie Hamrick for this project. I like it and wish her full success!!

Yes, I admire it for sure. The dedication, focus, and plain hard work of putting your feet on the floor every morning to work and push yourself. Rewarding.
STRICTLY BALLET S1 • E1
What It Takes to Be a Star | Strictly Ballet: Episode 1
[m.youtube.com]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home