Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: What's your stones confession?
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 18, 2018 17:30

I like Dirty Work and those guitars sound awesome

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 18, 2018 18:47

I want Theodora Richards.
Jeroen

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 19:02

I haven't listened to any of their albums pre-Beggars Banquet (with the exception of Aftermath) the whole way through. Just odds and ends and the singles.

Date: December 18, 2018 19:17

please do not play miss you live anymore.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 18, 2018 19:37

I never listen to Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You, Black & Blue, Dirty work, or undercover.

I barely listen to Steel wheels, voodoo lounge, bridges to Babylon.

The rest I love. That’s my confession.

Bless me father for I have sinned
I got pissed and I got pinned
God can’t help the state I’m in
Down rain street.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 18, 2018 19:59

"I Think I'm Going Mad" is my favorite Stones B-Side, hands down. In fact, if I made my own Stones 50 track box set, I'd definitely include it.

Another confession is that I'd rather listen to "One Hit (To The Body)" than "Ruby Tuesday". The Stones era I least like is the '66-'67 poppy stuff.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 18, 2018 20:00

I got my Ya Yas out and was politely requested to put them back.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 18, 2018 20:19

SomeTorontoGirl
I got my Ya Yas out and was politely requested to put them back.

smiling smiley
Reminds me of a Hot Rocks incident from my youth spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: December 18, 2018 21:45

I Think I'm Going Mad is a stone cold classic. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 18, 2018 22:01

I love the following Stones albums:

Undercover
Voodoo Lounge
Bridges to Babylon
Bigger Bang

I also think Continental Drift is one of their best ever tracks, so there !

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: December 18, 2018 22:07

I haven't paid much attention to anything the Stones did after "Some Girls." Yes, I'm close-minded. I should give the later stuff a listen but it sounds sloppy and lazy to me. My fault not the Stones, no doubt.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 19, 2018 00:01

Pietro
I haven't paid much attention to anything the Stones did after "Some Girls." Yes, I'm close-minded. I should give the later stuff a listen but it sounds sloppy and lazy to me. My fault not the Stones, no doubt.

I think this my case also, Just not a fan of the material. Nothing wrong with it, just lacks something for me.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: December 19, 2018 00:31

Gets a lot of hate on here, but I think Moon Is Up is one of their most affecting songs. (Must be that I started discovering the Stones as a teen in the early-mid 90s, and that somg is wrapped up with some poignant, good time).

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 19, 2018 00:56

I always wondered why I very much disliked "Grown up wrong". They should have put "Cops and Robbers" on the album instead.
Sing this song together part2 ..... terrible song. Song? All the other songs ... I can listen to them any time
smileys with beer

Date: December 19, 2018 18:09

The IORR band sounding like Brussels Affair that's all I need now with the exception of midnight rambler live I do not want to listen to the warhorses any more for the upcoming tour.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 19, 2018 21:40

It doesn’t bother me that much whoever plays the bass for The Rolling Stones, Bill or Darryl (or somebody else)drinking smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 20, 2018 02:53

StonedRambler
- I don't like any of their early albums (before Beggars Banquet)
- Never been to a concert with Bill, but only judging from live recordings I like Darryl's playing better
- I am addicted to the warhorses and listen to different live versions of them every day

appreciate your perspective, i'd never seen 'em without Bill; but would like to someday in the right circumstances. uh. Bill made a lot of records with them.
he is a Rolling Stone, tho Darryl is super good player and presence.
I hope he can nail something like Respectable or that ilk in a manner
where he would feel really good about it; i think he can do it,
but admire his position, power and presence with The Stones for sure.
i like the warhorses too now; it used to bug me if they weren't 'dead on'
but i like to hear different versions and personnel and epochs with the same
great songs too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-20 02:55 by hopkins.

Posted by: andrews27 ()
Date: December 20, 2018 04:27

I loved the 2002 tour and the 2015 tour, but thought everything between was severely lacking. There were some above average individual shows that I heard through downloading, but any of those were overseas (not US), and I'm damned if I could name any of them off the top of my head, or find them quickly in my colection.

I'm a little ashamed for dragging people I cared for to dodgy shows in 1994 and 2005. Also embarrassed that I saw them three times in 1994, but not more than once in better years (except for twice in 2015).

I took my old mother to a 1994 show - she was only 60 at the time. Late in that year I ordered the Joe Robbie Stadium pay-per-view at her house, since she had cable and my place didn't. At one point - I think it was during the guitars-to-the-front moment in I Go Wild - she asked me, "Why weren't they this good when we saw them in Toronto?" I said it was probably because they were ramping it up for the TV cameras. "That's not right," she answered.

As for the albums, I have no complaints, except for my well-known distaste and disdain for A Bigger Bang. Any incompetence (as in, "not competitive with other material") on the records is on them, not on my tastes. As the bootleg LP covers used to say, "All rights reserved - All wrongs reversed."

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-20 04:41 by andrews27.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 20, 2018 22:34

i rarely listen to a lot of their songs or cd,s and tend to stick to a select few and on youtube.

and i should rotate the live albums a bit more, recently been playing the last tour to death on youtube.

songs like street fighting man, like a rolling stone, paint it black, midnight rambler from the warsaw, berlin and stuttgart concerts have been getting a lot of my attention these last few months. they really are amazing performances though, almost the best they have ever done so hope to get an official release deluxe version one day.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 21, 2018 08:12

I love "5 string riffin'" from VL sessions,

Date: December 21, 2018 08:15

corriecas
I want Theodora Richards.
Jeroen
''That's not a confession; that's a condition.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 22, 2018 09:01

keefriff99
I haven't listened to any of their albums pre-Beggars Banquet (with the exception of Aftermath) the whole way through. Just odds and ends and the singles.

You're kidding me. Well, it's never too late. Take a couple in your car and put them on on a lonely road. Permanent sunshine guaranteed.
smileys with beer

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 22, 2018 13:37

My confession.

For too long I have let my obsession with a particular period of the Rolling Stones get in the way of listening to and enjoying their music. It wasn't always this way.

Listening without prejudice and information overload is such a more enjoyable and rewarding experience.

I love The Rolling Stones!

Date: December 22, 2018 14:57

His Majesty
My confession.

For too long I have let my obsession with a particular period of the Rolling Stones get in the way of listening to and enjoying their music. It wasn't always this way.

Listening without prejudice and information overload is such a more enjoyable and rewarding experience.

I love The Rolling Stones!

Great post. It's one to that I can take onto Xmas with me.

I think, I think I may have a notion of which particular Stone you are referring to.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 23, 2018 13:49

I’m afraid to confess I’m not convinced enough of Ronnie’s talent as a painter.

Date: December 23, 2018 16:05

I never agreed with the firing Brian Jones, even if he was a fvck-up. He should of been given a six month detox period and a chance to get his shit back together. I believe this resulted in his early death, it killed him. Lets face it, all of the Stones had drug problems and weren't fired because of it. Brian was a musical genius and he deserved better.

Posted by: z ()
Date: December 23, 2018 17:40

RisingStone
I’m afraid to confess I’m not convinced enough of Ronnie’s talent as a painter.

He paints better than Mick Taylor...

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: December 23, 2018 19:01

I still haven't opened the front cover of Life, not even flicked through the pictures. Am I missing anything?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 23, 2018 19:13

BitchKeepsBitchin
I never agreed with the firing Brian Jones, even if he was a fvck-up. He should of been given a six month detox period and a chance to get his shit back together. I believe this resulted in his early death, it killed him. Lets face it, all of the Stones had drug problems and weren't fired because of it. Brian was a musical genius and he deserved better.

Everyone wishes there had been invented 55 years ago ‘drug detox and proper addiction help’ ‘how to recover a body and mind from LSD detox centers’
And, everyone wishes
anyone needing this help
would easily agree to go.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: December 23, 2018 19:56

I actually think Dirty Work has a good cover, simple but symbolic (Mick hanging onto the band with one limb only, so to speak), the 80s colours of their clothes obviously 'staged' (no one really believes that that was what they would be wearing at the time right?).

The record itself I found agreeable, but that may have had a little bit to do with the fact that I first listened to the other album I got that same day: Mean Business by The Firm...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2300
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home