Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why No Archived Material?
Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: October 4, 2005 16:46

I think the Stones need to take a cue from Dylan, the Beatles, and now Neil Young and release an official bootleg series. Imagine those 72/73 shows with a proper remastering? Is this an Allen Klein issue or what? Maybe Mick and Keith are insecure or too cheap in regards to Taylor/Wyman who would benefit from the project. There has never been another comparable band that has refused to do this. I'm not saying cut a new tune with the ghost of Brian Jones ala "Free As A Bird" but c'mon, it's time! what about CS Blues? If anything that would help the band maintain an image that is eroding with every whorish foray into the world of Mercedes, Ameriquest, Sprint, and Swanson TV Dinners.

Re: archives again ...
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 4, 2005 17:16

jeepers ... here we go again revisited!
anyway thanks for realizing ABKCO would need to cooperate on releases of an awful lot of the archived stuff. so let's try this question on, just for fun:
do you reckon the vast quantities of Stones music circulating on bootlegs was all stolen from the artists, or that they okayed the leaking of at least some of it?
if the former: what exactly is the deal you want to propose to them?
"now that we've stolen this from you, you should invest time and money into spiffing it up real nice for us, dammit"?
if the latter: maybe "thanks for the music" would sound good.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Re: Why No Archived Material?
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 4, 2005 17:25

There's already a topic about this delicate subject, so I'd say: close this up.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 4, 2005 17:32

I agree, but the mixing and remastering should be very careful. The difference between the official "Flashpoint" and the excellent boots from the 89/90 tour for example is enormous. The boots are better, they sounds like the real Stones. I love "Flashpoint", but it is "a whiter shade of pale" of the real Stones thing ...

Posted by: stanbooth ()
Date: October 4, 2005 18:03

Hey I'm new to the site! Inquiring minds want to know! Whats the Cliffs Notes version? Maybe I'll take it upon myself to release the crap ala Dick from Dicks Picks.

"Love wears a white Stetson."
-Keef

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 4, 2005 18:14

What are you wining about. There is a 70's tour bootleg there. If you want more there's tons and tons you can get on Dimeadozen and stuff. Every day a 70's bootleg pops up. They wouldn't make a profit releasing them, and non-diehard-fans can live without them. I'm happy with the bootlegs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home