Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 23, 2019 02:39

Thoughts on Lucky Dip...

Last night seemed very random and most people picking up tickets from 4:15-4:45 seemed to be getting the same Side Stage Limited View tickets that we got.
I only saw one Lucky Dipper get visibly excited, jumping up and down, assuming he pulled PIT.

We were given wristbands for some unknown reason. Basically it just gave us hope for an upgrade later ??? Not sure because we never actually needed them.
They look cool, though. Free souvenir of the adventure.

We were directed into a gate with “Lucky Dip Resolution” signs on the doors. Again, no clue as to why because nothing happened for us besides being waved into the stadium.
I did ask a friendly woman for assistance and she directed us to our ticketed section.

It was initially a disappointment when they were not “PIT” tickets, sure.
But last night the sound was CRYSTAL CLEAR and I could hear every single instrument...the guitars were UP HIGH and LOUD in the mix from our vantage point. Truly a spectacular spot for listening.

Also, we had people trying to sneak into our section, and our row, and our seats at one point. We had a nice couple come up and tell us that they were so jealous of our seats since theirs were so far away from the stage. It’s all relative folks, especially in an enormous stadium.

Plus I am positive that Mick was waving at me...it had to be me winking smiley
The only real negative being that we couldn’t see Charlie. The single big screen and the catwalk songs helped to ease that pain.

Bottom line is this:
These Lucky Dip tickets are a gift from the heavens.
If you’ve got one, hold them tight and enjoy the ride.
I’ve personally got Denver and Miami to try again and I cannot wait.

I paid $45.57 for OPENING NIGHT, including fees, to see my favorite band of all time in 2019.

As a point of reference, I paid $55.00 to park my car in the Soldier Field prepaid Waldron lot.

Thank you and God Bless The Rolling Stones.

We are so very fortunate.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 23, 2019 02:45

MingSubu
Pit 1 here

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 23, 2019 02:57

Yes. I got my lucky dip ticket and then went shopping for more shirts. Went back to the car with 2 separate shirt hauls.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 23, 2019 02:59

schillid
MingSubu
Pit 1 here

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks. I got on the rail. 2 other lucky dip coues were near me too.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 23, 2019 03:31

MingSubu
schillid
MingSubu
Pit 1 here

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks. I got on the rail. 2 other lucky dip coues were near me too.

That’s great Ming, congrats!

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 23, 2019 06:45

The lucky dips are a blessing from the band, no matter where the seats/stand is.

This stadium show is built to be seen/heard from 50-130 yards, and it looks/sounds great from there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 06:48 by Xam.

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: June 23, 2019 18:11

So my friend had to cancel his trip so turns out I have extra Lucky Dip for Chi #2. Anyone out there interested in it let me know we can meet up before show and claim together. Not wanting it to go to waste...

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: June 23, 2019 18:19

Sodacityflyguy
So my friend had to cancel his trip so turns out I have extra Lucky Dip for Chi #2. Anyone out there interested in it let me know we can meet up before show and claim together. Not wanting it to go to waste...

If I can find 1 more I’m definitely interested!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 23, 2019 19:36

Well done Kurt and Gregor. thumbs up
If I had LD for the gig I would be well happy for Section 342 even though can only see Charlie on the screens and the B-stage,but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.
Best of luck to you Kurt for Denver and Miami. smileys with beer

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 23, 2019 19:43

I had Lucky Dips for three of the four shows I saw on Zip Code tour. They were all in the nosebleed sections - but you cannot complain about the value. I'm doing the Pit in Jacksonville.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 23, 2019 21:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 22:56 by latebloomer.

Date: June 23, 2019 21:41

crawdaddy
If I had LD for the gig I would be well happy for Section 342 even though can only see Charlie on the screens and the B-stage,but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

Thank you, thank you kindly thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 00:10

Sad to see the Denver link hasn’t come to light.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 01:10

Kurt
crawdaddy

I’m completely fine with what we got. I can vouch for Kurt’s earlier point about people trying to get into our section because it was seen by many as desirable. I periodically looked around the crowd and the faces in the seats around us changed regularly during the show! I noticed quite a few people standing in the aisle too. When we went for food between the Support Act and the Stones, we returned to find someone in Kurt’s seat, though he moved straight away. I’m sure this type of thing was happening all over the stadium, especially in the Pit, it seems.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and many thanks to Kurt for contacting me out of the blue and offering his spare lucky dip. Very good gig buddy. We’re a similar age and have seen roughly the same number of shows each so for me it was interesting to compare our respective British/European and American experiences of gigs. I think US crowds are a bit better behaved than ours tbh.

I’m now in Manhattan after a very pleasant overnight Greyhound trip from Chicago. Soon I will walk to Broad Street Subway Station to make my way to the airport and flight back to London. I’ve at least had 1 Stones fix this year and I have no qualms whatsoever about the ridiculous journey I made to do it. In fact if I had enough work leave allowance left, I’d do it again without hesitation, even if I knew that’s where my LD would end up being. Hey, maybe I will. I’ll see what possibilities there are for Miami. I’ve already booked that week off work anyway. 1st and last show would be good winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-24 01:19 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 01:41

grzegorz67
Kurt
crawdaddy

I’m completely fine with what we got. I can vouch for Kurt’s earlier point about people trying to get into our section because it was seen by many as desirable. I periodically looked around the crowd and the faces in the seats around us changed regularly during the show! I noticed quite a few people standing in the aisle too. When we went for food between the Support Act and the Stones, we returned to find someone in Kurt’s seat, though he moved straight away. I’m sure this type of thing was happening all over the stadium, especially in the Pit, it seems.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and many thanks to Kurt for contacting me out of the blue and offering his spare lucky dip. Very good gig buddy. We’re a similar age and have seen roughly the same number of shows each so for me it was interesting to compare our respective British/European and American experiences of gigs. I think US crowds are a bit better behaved than ours tbh.

I’m now in Manhattan after a very pleasant overnight Greyhound trip from Chicago. Soon I will walk to Broad Street Subway Station to make my way to the airport and flight back to London. I’ve at least had 1 Stones fix this year and I have no qualms whatsoever about the ridiculous journey I made to do it. In fact if I had enough work leave allowance left, I’d do it again without hesitation, even if I knew that’s where my LD would end up being. Hey, maybe I will. I’ll see what possibilities there are for Miami. I’ve already booked that week off work anyway. 1st and last show would be good winking smiley

love the attitude, would like to meet you if you make it back for a show.. If NOLA is a possibility my other LD may still be available fyi

Posted by: houselightsdown ()
Date: June 24, 2019 02:05

I've got an interesting data point. We picked up our Lucky Dip tickets around 6:30ish. We looked and they said Section 342 Limited View. Oh well, no big deal, beggar's can't be choosers. But, they also gave us the Lucky Dip wristband and we thought, that's weird, why would we need a wristband. So we start walking into the venue and get directed to the same area as people with tickets on the field when they saw our wristbands. We kept going, and at some point another set of ticket checkers saw our wristbands (never actually showed them our tickets) and we got a second purple wristband. We kept walking and were let on to the field. Kept going all the way up to the checkers at the pit, they saw our wristbands and said we were in the pit. One of the guys cut off the purple wristband saying it was a mistake that we got one of those, but then still let us in the pit. We saw the whole show one step away from the rail near center stage. It was the experience of a lifetime!! I don't know if we just encountered people that didn't know what the wristbands really meant, or if we really were ok to be in the pit. We didn't ask any questions though. Just went with it, haha. What a night.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 02:37

houselightsdown
I've got an interesting data point. We picked up our Lucky Dip tickets around 6:30ish. We looked and they said Section 342 Limited View. Oh well, no big deal, beggar's can't be choosers. But, they also gave us the Lucky Dip wristband and we thought, that's weird, why would we need a wristband. So we start walking into the venue and get directed to the same area as people with tickets on the field when they saw our wristbands. We kept going, and at some point another set of ticket checkers saw our wristbands (never actually showed them our tickets) and we got a second purple wristband. We kept walking and were let on to the field. Kept going all the way up to the checkers at the pit, they saw our wristbands and said we were in the pit. One of the guys cut off the purple wristband saying it was a mistake that we got one of those, but then still let us in the pit. We saw the whole show one step away from the rail near center stage. It was the experience of a lifetime!! I don't know if we just encountered people that didn't know what the wristbands really meant, or if we really were ok to be in the pit. We didn't ask any questions though. Just went with it, haha. What a night.

That's pretty cool, never thought of trying that. Weirdly we were told that if they scan our ticket and it "doesn't" scan we get an upgrade (to what, I don't know) but it scanned and we are kinda trained, so we climbed the steps to 440 like obedient soldiers and enjoyed the show regardless

Date: June 24, 2019 04:58

snoopy2
Weirdly we were told that if they scan our ticket and it "doesn't" scan we get an upgrade (to what, I don't know) but it scanned and we are kinda trained, so we climbed the steps to 440 like obedient soldiers and enjoyed the show regardless

And now the plot thickens...
My wristband did not scan. The usher tried a few times and then said “oh this is G Luck, go in those doors” and pointed towards a room with these signs:

Once inside a few employees sat behind a glass window and while we were waiting to speak to them a woman tore the signs off the doors, crinkled them up and threw them into a trash can. She was the one that I referred to in my post above.

Now I feel that we potentially missed an upgrade by only moments.

Hopefully we will get some additional info on this mystery system after Chicago #2.
I did notice that kissing the ring of a hanger-on seemed to produce better results but I’m not into that sort of thing.

Although we couldn’t see Charlie’s Drum kit, I forgot to mention that we did see Charlie getting dropped off behind the stage in a big black SUV before the show. Plus we saw the band walking up the ramp, to and from the backstage area, both before and after that gig. Pretty damn cool benefit of the side stage position.

Good luck to all the future IORR dippers and please report back here!
I still can’t get over how good that show actually was...WOW!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: June 24, 2019 07:04

Picked up LDs at around 5:45 pm - got Pit 2. Know of others who got Pit 2 also - before we did.

Pit was a little too crowded near the walkway, but at least in our location near the back, everyone was polite - no jerks coming in late and pushing to get to the rail.

Most of the ushers and security people had little clue what to do or to answer questions about where to go. Security getting into good lower level seats was poor - would have been easy to self upgrade, if there were any vacant seats. They were doing a good job checking going into Pit 2, but there was a significant security flaw there - one that I won't disclose, because I don't want the pits to get overcrowded, so those who have pit tickets have a better chance of enjoying it without overcrowding.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 24, 2019 15:30

Kurt
snoopy2
Weirdly we were told that if they scan our ticket and it "doesn't" scan we get an upgrade (to what, I don't know) but it scanned and we are kinda trained, so we climbed the steps to 440 like obedient soldiers and enjoyed the show regardless

My wristband did not scan. The usher tried a few times and then said “oh this is G Luck, go in those doors” and pointed towards a room with these signs:

Once inside a few employees sat behind a glass window and while we were waiting to speak to them a woman tore the signs off the doors, crinkled them up and threw them into a trash can. She was the one that I referred to in my post above.

Hopefully we will get some additional info on this mystery system after Chicago #2.
I did notice that kissing the ring of a hanger-on seemed to produce better results but I’m not into that sort of thing.

Although we couldn’t see Charlie’s Drum kit, I forgot to mention that we did see Charlie getting dropped off behind the stage in a big black SUV before the show. Plus we saw the band walking up the ramp, to and from the backstage area, both before and after that gig. Pretty damn cool benefit of the side stage position.

Where was this LD ticket resolution office Kurt?

plexi

Posted by: soulrob ()
Date: June 24, 2019 17:32

\\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 19:37 by soulrob.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: June 24, 2019 17:58

It seems like the earlier you got to the lucky dip window the better tickets you recieved. I'm not totally sure. I got mine around 7:00 PM and got the 440 section.

Does anyone see a trend? Or is it a coincidence?

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 24, 2019 18:51

I got mine shortly after 7 and was likewise in section 440. My son and i did the best we could to keep our wristbands visible but, alas, we were not CHOSEN for an upgrade.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: June 24, 2019 20:46

We were trying for some good Stones karma in getting our LD tix and decided to pick them up at "505". Also got Section 440, which wasn't nearly as bad as we thought it would be.

We also went through what some others have mentioned... tix not scanning, being sent to another window and then a special door. Still ended up in 440... no complaints though! Was just happy about seeing them again and feeling the love!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 00:16

Sodacityflyguy

Still have the 1? If so, let me know dougratajczak@live.com

Date: June 25, 2019 05:05

I got 2fir New Orleans and leaning towards not going. I have seen the stones over 20 times and all but one time had good if not great seats. The one time I was about 1/2 back. I did not enjoy as much. I for one think a good seat is important to feel the show

Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: June 25, 2019 05:38

Is there a trick to getting good Lucky Dip seats? Also do all Lucky Dips get that wristband?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-25 05:47 by bluediamond.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 10:26

timbernardis
Kurt
snoopy2

Where was this LD ticket resolution office Kurt?

plexi

I was Kurt’s LD partner in crime on Friday. It was just inside the building on the left immediately after entry which for us was the turnstiles immediately next to the row of 10 box offices where Lucky Dips were dished out. But as he says, the LD ticket resolution office sign was torn down very quickly and people were told to go to their allocated seats. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who had their tickets amended by this office before it closed.

It seems that most early Lucky Dippers were put in Section 342 and later ones in 440, with the very occasional pits handed out. I saw one pair squeal with joy, presumably having struck pit.

We also saw 1 individual who I recognised from many times previously, appear who seems to have influence over the LD office’s allocation of pit LDs. About 8-10 people swarmed around the person like bees and most of those faces were familiar too. Pits were duly handed out. Fine, but it takes those Pits out of the pool available to random Dippers. They also get a pit for the price of a Lucky Dip every time, which seems unfair. Even so, some Pits were still going to random Dippers.

I got back home to the U.K. yesterday at 3pm local time after a torturous journey home, exhausted but very happy to have been present at the USA tour opener. I’ve since slept around the clock and will be at work soon.

Please, everyone who’s lucky dipping, can you tell us what you got, good, bad or ugly. That way we can get a representative sample of results. I imagine those with good results are more likely to report their results than everyone else.

It’s also the case that once inside the building opportunities for self upgrading can and do arise. I decided not to pursue that option but it’s clear that many did. The pit on Ronnie’s side in particular, looked packed and there were lots of people standing in aisles in seated sections or sniffing around for empty seats. It happens for every concert ever and will do when security don’t check people’s tickets as they should.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 14:36

Do you still have the LD ticket? Send me an email to babyface11@hotmail.com

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: June 25, 2019 14:41

Sodacityflyguy
Do you still have the LD ticket? If so, email me at babyface11@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home