Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Baudelaire needs help shipping to Canada
Posted by: Charles ()
Date: October 4, 2005 03:36

Hello Stonesboarders

I would like some good advice on shipping about 50 Stones recordings that I burned for a old friend of mine in Québec. I live in Arizona and I wanted to make sure that he receives it. The cd's are in a handy cd case and I thought I would be put down on the green and white customs form that I am sending as a gift a "carrying case and 50 cd's" and price it at 25 dollars declared value. I would hate the customs people to confiscate this birthday present.

Does this sound like the best way to mail it?

Kind regards,

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Re: Baudelaire needs help shipping to Canada
Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: October 4, 2005 03:38

i think so...i've sent some valuable items to Canada about five to ten different times...declared them as a gift and they all made it...i forgot if you can insure or not to a different country...good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-04 03:39 by Leonard Keringer.

Date: October 4, 2005 03:55

But these are all bootlegs...and the cream of the crop if I should say so. does the dollar amount sound correct? Would this shipment get flagged by canadian customs? Anyone out there know?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. John Mayall is coming to the Phoenix area in less than two weeks and I have never seen him in concert. Man I just love his records! The "Spinning Coin" from 1995 is absolutely terrific and I recommend it to anyone who likes his music. Not too many people talk about his late period recordings. The man still has it and the tickets to his concerts are a lot cheaper than the tickets to the Stones and he plays in small clubs too. He did a lot of daring stuff on that "Spinning Coin" record. It's more like rock and soul music and less blues on that recording.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 4, 2005 05:27

Charles,

I've sent cd's both ways, from Chicago to Toronto and back. And the thing about cd's is that they can contain anything from a single birthday picture of your grandma to state secrets and nobody really knows until they load it up and play/ execute the software.

Canada customs isn't about to do that (think about the number of cd's for which they might have to do this). So as long as it's clear that you're not shipping brand new cd's that could be sold, I think you're golden.

At least that's my experience. In fact, I've sent burnt cd's and dvd's that I've labeled as having no value, simply because--except from the perspective of the sender and the receiver--they had no redeemable value.

Perhaps you might want to send them in two packages? Hedge your bets, lessen any suspicion that might go along with the bigger package?

Date: October 4, 2005 08:51

Thank you Camper88! I appreciate the feedback. smiling smiley

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: October 4, 2005 09:02

Most people'd give you 500 dollars for it, since 10 dollars per bootleg isn't a bad price. Think that over...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home