Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

At 9.30pm ABC Australian TV tonight - an hour long doco on Ronnie
Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: October 3, 2005 08:05

Think it's on 4 corners - but either way have the VCR setup for channel 2, 9.30.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Re: At 9.30pm ABC Australian TV tonight - an hour long doco on Ronnie
Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: October 4, 2005 04:42

Shit.....missed this.....any good??????????? Bugga

Posted by: wrichardson ()
Date: October 4, 2005 06:36

Really good documentary!! It was a South Bank special, si I reckon it will/would of been shown in the UK.

Talked about his passion for art and music.

Couple of highlights where Ronnie going mental at the manager at the art gallery where he sets up his work. The guy had moved around some of Ronnie's artwork to different places of the room, and Ronnie cracked the shits and started moving the paintings himself, in the middle of this huge function.

Jo Wood talking about how he was drinking too much and she turned to Mick to come over to Ireland and sit down with him and state that he had to give up the booze otherwise he would not make the Licks tour.

You can tell by Ronnie's reaction that he found it really hard to give up the booze and ciggerettes, and that there is an emotional tone to his voice when discussing it!!

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: October 4, 2005 06:47

Roddy I only recorded it to VHS and the ABC decided to have a bit of a snow storm on my screen last night so it's not the best quality.
I'm sure if you search around someone will have dumped it to disc.

Really good doco.

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: October 4, 2005 09:13

Got a video of it coming from a work collegue who did the right thing by me...di NOT call me, just taped it !!!

Tks
Rod

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home