Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: East Rutherford NJ USA (near NYC) 2019 travel and show info
Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 12:20

I will probably go by train? I’m not local though so have no idea which is best. I guess with the bus there is the potential for traffic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-26 13:57 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 26, 2019 15:57

Either bus or train from Manhattan to Metlife Stadium should be quick and easy.

It's a toss-up...
MetLife stadium is close to Manhattan, so a bit of rush hour traffic on a weekday is typical and won't make much difference. Actually, rush hour traffic volume is much less during summer months.

The potential problems with either mode of mass transit is hard to predict: Equipment breaking down, roadway collision... scheduling screw ups, weather conditions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-26 17:45 by schillid.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 26, 2019 19:14

I prefer the bus over the train especially when the show is over.
The line or que for the train is ridculous after the show.
Buses move more quickly.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: July 26, 2019 19:20

Does anyone have the lucky dip links for these 2 shows?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 26, 2019 19:39

forsure
Does anyone have the lucky dip links for these 2 shows?
[iorr.org]

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: July 26, 2019 20:54

Than you MisterDDDD

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: July 27, 2019 15:52

NJ Transit

[www.njtransit.com]

I'm getting quite excited now... not long to go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-27 15:58 by WelshEdge1.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 27, 2019 16:10

Public Transportation (Bus, Rail) - [www.MetlifeStadium.com] :

[web.MTA.info] -- [www.NJTransit.com]

"Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium: There is NO direct train service from Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium.

Customers may take any NJ TRANSIT train that stops at Secaucus Junction and then transfer to special Meadowlands-bound trains.

Departure boards at Penn Station New York will display SEC on trains that stop at Secaucus.

There's also NO direct train service from MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York.

Customers must take trains to Secaucus Junction and then transfer to any NJ TRANSIT train traveling toward New York."

[www.NJTransit.com] - (PDF)

New Jersey Transit

On Thursday, August 1 and Monday, August 5, NJ TRANSIT will offer Rail and Bus shuttle service to/from MetLife Stadium for the Rolling Stones concert.

Note that all MetLife Stadium rail trips are served via shuttle train to/from Secaucus Junction/Hoboken and Meadowlands Rail Station. There is no direct Rail service to Meadowlands Station from any other rail line or station.

The rail line from MetLife Stadium has the operational capacity to move approximately 7,500 customers per hour. The closer you are to the front of the line following the concert, the shorter the wait time for a train to Secaucus. Depending on the number of customers traveling by rail, and where you are on the line to board, some customers may be subject to wait times of up to two hours or more to board trains from MetLife Stadium to Secaucus. In advance of the concerts, customers are strongly advised to check the departure times of final train connections from Secaucus. A list of final departures from Secaucus by rail line, including service to New York, is available below for your convenience.

Bus service to MetLife Stadium

Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium: Bus service will begin at 3:30 p.m. and will operate until rail service begins at approximately 5:30 p.m., operating between Secaucus Junction, Platform #10 and MetLife Stadium Lot C, which is adjacent to the NJ TRANSIT rail station. Buses will operate as a “load and go’’ system. Customers may experience wait times boarding buses at Secaucus prior to the start of rail service.

Bus service from MetLife Stadium

MetLife Stadium to Secaucus Junction: Following the concert, buses will be on stand-by to accommodate customers as a supplement to rail service from MetLife Stadium to Secaucus if necessary.

Rail Service to MetLife Stadium

Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium: There is no direct train service from Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium. Customers may take any NJ TRANSIT train that stops at Secaucus Junction and then transfer to special Meadowlands-bound trains. Departure boards at Penn Station New York will display SEC on trains that stop at Secaucus.

Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium: Rail service will depart Secaucus Junction for MetLife Stadium beginning at approximately 5:30 p.m., then approximately every 10-15 minutes, with the last Stadium-bound trains departing Secaucus just after 8:30 p.m.

Hoboken to MetLife Stadium: There are no direct trains from Hoboken to MetLife Stadium. Customers can take any Main, Bergen County, Pascack Valley or Port Jervis Line train to Secaucus and transfer to Meadowlands-bound trains.

Rail service from MetLife Stadium

MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York: There is no direct train service from MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York. Customers must take trains to Secaucus Junction and then transfer to any NJ TRANSIT train traveling toward New York.

MetLife Stadium to Secaucus Junction: Trains will operate hourly beginning at 6:00 p.m. through 11:00 p.m. Then, following the event, trains will operate every 10 minutes until the crowds dissipate on a load-and-go basis, and then every 15 to 20 minutes as needed until 1:00 a.m. The last train is scheduled to depart from the Meadowlands at 1 a.m. Please check your connection times at Secaucus to allow ample time to connect to the last train of the evening to your final destination.

Final train departing Secaucus:

- TO New York is at 2:21 a.m.
- NEC to Trenton is at 1:31 a.m.
- RVL to connect at Newark Penn for a train to High Bridge (The final train departs 10:47 p.m.); To connect at Newark Penn for a train to Raritan (The final train departs 1:09 a.m.)
- NJCL to Long Branch is at 1:09 a.m. (The finaltrain to connect to a Bay Head shuttle departs Secaucus at 11:28 p.m.)
- M&E to Dover is at 1:05 a.m. (The final train to connect to a Gladstone Branch train at Broad St. departs Secaucus at 11:51 p.m.)
- MoBo to Montclair State is at 12:43 a.m.
- Main Line to Suffern is at 1:42 a.m.
- Bergen County Line to Port Jervis at 12:50 a.m.
- Pascack Valley Line to Spring Valley at 11:23 p.m.

Customers are strongly urged to plan ahead and carefully check rail schedules for service from Secaucus to Penn Station New York and Hoboken Terminal after the event. Following the event, there will be limited direct service to Hoboken.

Customers traveling on NJ TRANSIT trains to the Meadowlands Sports Complex should purchase their round-trip tickets from their originating station TO MEADOWLANDS STATION to avoid delays boarding trains. Tickets purchased on the train will include a $5 surcharge for each ticket.

Customers connecting with trains at Secaucus should check the train schedules and allow for additional time in order to make those connections.

Coach USA operates No. 351 service from PABT to the Meadowlands.

More Informations: [www.NJTransit.com] .

See also: [web.MTA.info] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 20:00 by Irix.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 28, 2019 20:55

Strangely, the Stones dates don't show up for Coach bus #351 service:

[www.coachusa.com]

Date: July 28, 2019 22:12

cyclist

[www.coachusa.com]

I sent a couple emails to MetLife and CoachUSA at various email addresses on their websites about this.

I received this reply from a rep at MetLife on On Jul 20, 2019, at 1:27 PM:

"Coach USA generally makes tickets available about a week before each event but we will certainly share your note with them and our team.
We look forward to hosting you soon.
Thank you,
The Guest Services Team at MetLife Stadium"

and this from a rep at MetLife on 7-26-2019 at 3:33 p.m.:

"Stones to be up tonight.
We don't control their timing, but it will be up."

But so far ... Nothing on the website, as you noted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 22:13 by schillid.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 29, 2019 04:29

Thanks for sleuthing.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: July 29, 2019 04:49

Has anyone bought tickets off craigslist ?.....I have seen adverts for tickets that appear to be removed by CL

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: July 29, 2019 05:34

Wild ride got me to this one! Originally bought a pair for the first June 13th date when they went on sale in November. The week before Christmas we find out after so many years of trying we are going to be blessed with a child!! So I'm super psyched that I will technically be taking my boy (found out the gender in late Feb) to a Stones show and I'm over the moon excited! Then boom,the bad news about Jagger's health comes and the the tour delay so I begrudgingly cancel the pair of tixx and get my 900$ plus back figuring it's the responsible move. Not only can we use the dough but more importantly the rescheduled date is a little too close to the baby's due date (Aug 26). Finally with my wife's blessing I buy one ticket this morning on TM for about 249$(pre rip-off fees) and now I'm so excited for Thursday night. I might be a little lonely , rolling solo but I will have my wife and my soon to be born baby in my heart to keep me company. Of course I will be peeking at my cell every song and a half just in case I have to hightail it outta there and get to the hospital! So I'm not too worried about the setlist or any potential Keef flubs...I just feel so happy and blessed to see my Stones live one more time!...and who knows maybe 6 or 7 years from now I will really end up taking my boy to a Stones show!!!

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: July 29, 2019 10:41

Hi everyone,

Sorry I am not familiar with NY/NJ public transport... So in order to get to MetLife Stadium, do I have to purchase tickets (in advance or at the station?) or does the NY Metro Card take me all the way to the stadium?

Thanks for your help!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 29, 2019 12:00

FeelinRealWell
Wild ride got me to this one! Originally bought a pair for the first June 13th date when they went on sale in November. The week before Christmas we find out after so many years of trying we are going to be blessed with a child!! So I'm super psyched that I will technically be taking my boy (found out the gender in late Feb) to a Stones show and I'm over the moon excited! Then boom,the bad news about Jagger's health comes and the the tour delay so I begrudgingly cancel the pair of tixx and get my 900$ plus back figuring it's the responsible move. Not only can we use the dough but more importantly the rescheduled date is a little too close to the baby's due date (Aug 26). Finally with my wife's blessing I buy one ticket this morning on TM for about 249$(pre rip-off fees) and now I'm so excited for Thursday night. I might be a little lonely , rolling solo but I will have my wife and my soon to be born baby in my heart to keep me company. Of course I will be peeking at my cell every song and a half just in case I have to hightail it outta there and get to the hospital! So I'm not too worried about the setlist or any potential Keef flubs...I just feel so happy and blessed to see my Stones live one more time!...and who knows maybe 6 or 7 years from now I will really end up taking my boy to a Stones show!!!

Well that's sooo positive. And good to read!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 29, 2019 13:26

MisterO
Has anyone bought tickets off craigslist ?.....I have seen adverts for tickets that appear to be removed by CL

Don't buy from CL. Why would you when there are more reputable ticket resalers?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 29, 2019 14:01

NYC...here I come...hot smiley

Anyway, does anybody know...

1. where the will call desk is located at the stadium?
2. if I can collect the Aug 5th ticket on Aug 1st, too?

Maybe the answer is here somewhere, but I´m just back
from a holiday and had no time to check yet.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 29, 2019 15:58

spikenyc
I prefer the bus over the train especially when the show is over.
The line or que for the train is ridculous after the show.
Buses move more quickly.

spike,
where do I buy the tickets for bus 160 at the PA-Bus Terminal?

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: July 29, 2019 16:44

custom55
MisterO

Don't buy from CL. Why would you when there are more reputable ticket resalers?

The reason I asked was because I have seen tickets on ticketmaster that were $ 400 + on CL for $ 150

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 29, 2019 16:53

cyclist

[www.coachusa.com]

Dates are up now..
[web.coachusa.com]

Not certain which way we are going to take yet..
Anyone know if these typically sell out or is it safe to wait until day of?

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 29, 2019 17:46

Hi there,
We are travelling from Europe to see the Stones in New Jersey. We booked a hotel near Times Square. What is the best way to get to the Stadium? Train? Metro? Uber?
Is there someone who can help us out? Thanks.

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: July 29, 2019 18:00

Anybody knows if buses 160, 161, 163 and 164 from Port Authority to Metlife area are vialable option to use, to and from the stadium?

Date: July 29, 2019 18:21

COACH BUS LINE HAS FINALLY
ADDED THE DATES OF THE STONES SHOWS
TO THEIR WEBSITE FOR ADVANCE PURCHASE
OF BUS TICKETS:

[web.coachusa.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 19:19 by bv.

Date: July 29, 2019 18:22

I see DDDD posted that info also...

Date: July 29, 2019 18:27

Djuro
Anybody knows if buses 160, 161, 163 and 164 from Port Authority to Metlife area are vialable option to use, to and from the stadium?

I believe that NJ Transit local buses do not stop in the stadium complex on event days.
Suggest #351 CoachUSA listed above.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 29, 2019 18:30

Thank you. But how do I know on what time the bus leave (from NYC) to Stadium? Can't find it on their website.

schillid
COACH BUS LINE HAS FINALLY
ADDED THE DATES OF THE STONES SHOWS
TO THEIR WEBSITE FOR ADVANCE PURCHASE
OF BUS TICKETS:

[web.coachusa.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 19:19 by bv.

Date: July 29, 2019 18:47

"ROLLING STONES - THURSDAY, AUGUST 1, 2019 & MONDAY, AUGUST 5, 2019
On August 1st & August 5th, the Coach USA 351 Express bus to the event will begin loading at 5:00 PM and run continuously until 8:00 PM. Only round-trip tickets will be sold."

[www.coachusa.com]
"The last bus will depart from Met Life Stadium 30 minutes after the event ends. Limited seating available."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-29 22:11 by schillid.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: July 29, 2019 18:51

main ticketing website www.ticketmaster.com
has some $99 tickets for both shows

Date: July 29, 2019 18:52

Date: July 29, 2019 19:11

Here's a pic of my 2nd email to the numbskulls at MetLife from last Friday ...
which seems to have finally gotten the job done.
The b.s. that schillid has to do sometimes ...

Y'all are welcome.
Now someone please get me a Lucky Dip for NJ1.

(Cuz there is no way I can spend hundreds of dollars to see these old guys again!
LOL.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-06 03:28 by schillid.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home