Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 99
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter US Tour 2019
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 11, 2018 06:55

Chris Fountain
Aside from Jazz Fest

New Orleans is expensive. They have a 17 -20% "Gratuity Tax" on everything. Also, while walking around Bourbon Street, etc... if you need to go to the bathroom, There are not many options. You may have to go into a McDonald's or other retail business and buy something just to relieve yourself. Carry your wallet in the front pocket.

Other than that, folks are friendly there.

Friends in NO never tell friends to go to Bourbon St.

Date: December 11, 2018 06:58

Chris Fountain
Aside from Jazz Fest

New Orleans is expensive. They have a 17 -20% "Gratuity Tax" on everything.

That's fake news. Why would you say such a fake thing?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 11, 2018 10:55

GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain
Aside from Jazz Fest

Thanks GLS! You are correct! I do not know the current tax levels in New Orleans, which I did not consider. I haven't been there since 1998. The tax situation could be different now. That is my error for not checking on current status.

But I do know for a fact that we were charged a hefty service charge or tax at the N.O. diner. However, like I said it was too long ago.

Like yourself I hate Fake news and want no part of it.

Hopefully this insight is helpful. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-11 11:36 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 11, 2018 16:45

The fact that the 18% or so gratuity is automatically added to the bill/tab is nothing new I think. I was at a show at MSG NYC several years ago, and a nearby diner had this standard procedure.

I do always add 15% to 20% on the bill, if service is ok, but before I do so I make sure they haven't already added the "service" to the bill.

May be the area around MSG, or Manhattan in general, is special, but this is happening more and more, even in London UK these days. You are the customer, so if you find out this is done again and again, then you will go other places next time. I think this is a thing in tourist areas, where they do not count on returning visitors. Many will be quite pissed off if the beer is 5 usd and they add tax and gratuity and all sorts of extra so the beer end up at 8 usd.

One time in Miami I went into a restaurant called Hubba Bubba Shrimp Co, it was nearby the arena where the Stones performed that time. The restaurant brand was probably licenced off the movie brand. I had a meal with a beer, then they gave me the empty "hubba bubba beer glass", because it was part of the deal, as it seemed, small print in the menu, 10 dollars or so for the glass, it was added to my bill. Tourist traps, after that I never go to any Hubba Gump restaurants. Be warned.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 11, 2018 16:58

Many restaurants will automatically add a gratuity to the bill if there are at least 6 (sometimes a minimum of 8) people dining, While you have to check with restaurant policy, some will not add it to the bill if you tell them in advance not to do so (expecting that you will leave even a higher amount than their policy). On the other hand, if you complain to management that service was sub-standard, a good restaurant will reduce that amount.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: December 11, 2018 17:30

Can confirm that practice at the Bubba Gump Shrimp co. We also have one here in Chicago at Navy Pier which is the tourist destination (and also where the Stones Exhibitionism was held last year).

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 11, 2018 19:10

Speaking of running into unexpected taxes, those visiting Seattle for the show may want to watch the beverages that contain sugar. A sugar tax is added to all sugary drinks (1.75 cents).Some restaurants charge more.. Drinks like reg sodas and basically anything containing high sugars are affected.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: December 11, 2018 21:22

Quick ticket buying question for the group--today I tried to buy tickets for Bob Seger on my computer at work and after getting tickets in my cart, it said something like we can't complete the transaction on this device so please use a different device. I have bought many many tickets on my work computer/laptop, including numerous Stones tickets on the upcoming tour. I know that this has happened to others here. What happened and how do I fix it? Thanks!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 11, 2018 21:45

keefmick
Quick ticket buying question for the group--today I tried to buy tickets for Bob Seger on my computer at work and after getting tickets in my cart, it said something like we can't complete the transaction on this device so please use a different device. I have bought many many tickets on my work computer/laptop, including numerous Stones tickets on the upcoming tour. I know that this has happened to others here. What happened and how do I fix it? Thanks!

It happened to me last week too...
too many purchases and/or too many searches and Ticketmaster now thinks that your device is a potential bot.

Clear your cookies and caches and your mind.
It took around three days before I was back in business with them.

Evil...pure evil.
Try another machine or your phone...good luck

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 11, 2018 23:28

Someone suggested on IORR the other day, can't remember which thread, to use Chrome Incognito. I am unfamiliar with it. Can someone kind of describe what it is and what it can do?

Would this prevent TM from thinking that your device is a bot or, more important, stop TM from knowing how often you search for the same kind of tickets and such, presumably with the intention of forcing you to buy other, perhaps more expensive tickets by blocking access to, say, pit tickets at regular price?

plexi

Date: December 11, 2018 23:33

Kurt
keefmick

It happened to me last week too...
too many purchases and/or too many searches and Ticketmaster now thinks that your device is a potential bot.

Clear your cookies and caches and your mind.
It took around three days before I was back in business with them.

Evil...pure evil.
Try another machine or your phone...good luck

It told me the same thing when trying to buy Stones Denver Pit. Cleared my cookies and was able to get in and get them bought.

Date: December 11, 2018 23:46

I am watching Ticketmaster very close for the Chicago show #1. They are slowly and I mean very slowly releasing pairs of seats.

Very few.... but several pairs released today. And it appears they release a few pairs of seats then when they sell they let go of a few more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-11 23:47 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: December 12, 2018 03:39

I've been watching Santa Clara just as closely. They're playing games with the seats to the side of the stage. Here one day gone the next, then back. But other than that, it's all platinums, resales and a handful of singles.

I hope they're holding back some stuff, but it's kind of hard to figure why they would. Eventually those platinums will go to regular, but there are so few good ones that they may be gone in a blink when they flip.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 12, 2018 04:47

keefmick

Clear your cookies, try on your phone.

But this pretty much means you are being blocked.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 12, 2018 05:30

Dan
keefmick

They are blocking IP address. I ran into it when Stones tix went on sale. My phone started working when I turned off wireless and got a new IP address on phone. It is not account specific because going in via a VPN also worked.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 12, 2018 05:51

My tickets for Seattle arrived in the mail today. hot smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 12, 2018 08:02

timbernardis
Someone suggested on IORR the other day, can't remember which thread, to use Chrome Incognito. I am unfamiliar with it. Can someone kind of describe what it is and what it can do?

plexi

Chrome Incognito modus is a version of the Chrome browser where you delete all browsing history (all cookies deleted) and you start a brand new session. You start such a browsing session with Chrome open as you select Control + Shift + N i.e. you hold down all these three keys at the same time on your keyboard.

With Incognito modus you are "all blank faces" to all previous browsing, you do not see and targeted advertising banners, unless they are IP based, which is illegal according to GDPR in Europe/EU.

Browse in private (Google Chrome dokumentation)

If you need even a higher level of security and anoumous browsing then you may go through a VPN tunnel such as hidemyass.com - then you browsee through a new/different IP address according to VPN preferences. I will probably have to use that service as the US airliner Southwest has blocked some European IP addresses including Norway, probably to avoid foreign hacking.

Worried your online privacy sucks?
Hide your ass with a VPN by hidemyass.com

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-12 08:06 by bv.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 12, 2018 10:08

daspyknows
Dan
keefmick

They are blocking IP address. I ran into it when Stones tix went on sale. My phone started working when I turned off wireless and got a new IP address on phone. It is not account specific because going in via a VPN also worked.

This happened to me like many others, and I find it very irritating having to clear cookies etc. considering how many tickets I've bought from TM over the years from this IP address. I've got a VPN and other ways to access the site, it's just the principle. angry smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 12, 2018 10:43

jumpontopofmebaby
I am watching Ticketmaster very close for the Chicago show #1. They are slowly and I mean very slowly releasing pairs of seats.

Very few.... but several pairs released today. And it appears they release a few pairs of seats then when they sell they let go of a few more.

Just a question: are these Standard Adult Tickets at face value or Platinums?

Date: December 12, 2018 15:47

Topi
jumpontopofmebaby

Just a question: are these Standard Adult Tickets at face value or Platinums?

They are platinum. There are not any standard on the floor that I can see.

Date: December 12, 2018 21:38

bv
timbernardis

plexi

Chrome Incognito modus is a version of the Chrome browser where you delete all browsing history (all cookies deleted) and you start a brand new session. You start such a browsing session with Chrome open as you select Control + Shift + N i.e. you hold down all these three keys at the same time on your keyboard.

With Incognito modus you are "all blank faces" to all previous browsing, you do not see and targeted advertising banners, unless they are IP based, which is illegal according to GDPR in Europe/EU.

Browse in private (Google Chrome dokumentation)

If you need even a higher level of security and anoumous browsing then you may go through a VPN tunnel such as hidemyass.com - then you browsee through a new/different IP address according to VPN preferences. I will probably have to use that service as the US airliner Southwest has blocked some European IP addresses including Norway, probably to avoid foreign hacking.

Worried your online privacy sucks?
Hide your ass with a VPN by hidemyass.com

Bottom line -- will Chrome Incognito or Hidemyass increase the chances of getting tickets and more specifically tickets that you want at face?

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 12, 2018 22:50

No. The issue above waa TM recognizing the same IP address having run too many searches and therefore blocking it. Doesn't affect what stock/types of tickets they have available on a given moment.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 12, 2018 23:47

SMG-Run Stadiums to Host a Third of the Rolling Stones' Spring U.S. Tour Dates

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 12, 2018 23:58

Interesting read, Cristiano.
Perhaps the NO gig will be at the Superdome after all..

Date: December 13, 2018 04:44

Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain
Aside from Jazz Fest

Thanks GLS! You are correct! I do not know the current tax levels in New Orleans, which I did not consider. I haven't been there since 1998. The tax situation could be different now. That is my error for not checking on current status.

But I do know for a fact that we were charged a hefty service charge or tax at the N.O. diner. However, like I said it was too long ago.

Like yourself I hate Fake news and want no part of it.

Hopefully this insight is helpful. smiling smiley

Well, what you said aside, are you confusing 'a table of 6 or more' with the automatic 20% gratuity as for being "a gratuity tax on everything?" That seems more in line with what you may be remembering. And that is just not in New Orleans, it's pretty common along the Gulf Coast.

The sales tax is high - but that's not a gratuity "tax".

I worked in a restaurant in the French Quarter for a few years. Some tourons had issue with drinking the tap water. They asked for bottled water. OK.

They had no issue with:
the ice in their cocktails
carbonated water from the bar
drinking sweet tea or lemonade, etc
drinking coffee
eating French Bread
any of the food prepared with tap water - which is majority of it is

Weird.

Date: December 13, 2018 04:54

MisterDDDD
Interesting read, Cristiano.
Perhaps the NO gig will be at the Superdome after all..

Did you read it? They're not.

"But neither AEG nor SMG has confirmed any plans for a Stones date at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome or elsewhere in New Orleans during Jazz Fest."

The Stones not announcing their May 2nd Jazz Fest date is also another clear indication they are not playing the Superdome as part of the tour, which has only been suspected by people for reasons that make zero sense.

They are playing AT Jazz Fest, hence no confirmed date for a Superdome show, which would officially be part of the tour, not Jazz Fest.

Date: December 13, 2018 05:20

Topi
No. The issue above waa TM recognizing the same IP address having run too many searches and therefore blocking it. Doesn't affect what stock/types of tickets they have available on a given moment.

So if I follow u, the only thing Chrome Incognito and Hidemyass do is allow u to make unlimited searches. Why would TM block people from doing a lot of searches anyway? Is it just not a conscious decision but the way their network is set up to block what it perceives to be bots? Elaborate as appropriate.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-13 09:06 by timbernardis.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 13, 2018 06:24

timbernardis
Topi

So if I follow u, the only thing Chrome Chrome Incognito and Hidemyass do is allow u to make unlimited searches. Why would TM block people from doing a lot of searches anyway? Is it just not a conscious decision but the way their network is set up to block what it perceives to be bots? Elaborate as appropriate.

plexi

Seems that way. Best to have access through multiple IP addresses i.e. phone no on wireless or a remote desktop/gotomypc type connection to another computer not on the network.

Date: December 13, 2018 09:14

daspyknows
timbernardis
Topi

So if I follow u, the only thing Chrome Incognito and Hidemyass do is allow u to make unlimited searches. Why would TM block people from doing a lot of searches anyway? Is it just not a conscious decision but the way their network is set up to block what it perceives to be bots? Elaborate as appropriate.

plexi

Seems that way. Best to have access through multiple IP addresses i.e. phone no on wireless or a remote desktop/gotomypc type connection to another computer not on the network.

OK, at work, each of our PCs has its own IP address I believe, so I could use more than one of those, plus my laptop on our wifi network, plus my phone using data. A few options. Would this work?

plexi

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 13, 2018 09:38

The irony of legitimate fans being blocked from buying tickets while the real bots do their work unencumbered, apparently . . .eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 99

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home